Reviews for The Wall is Mended
theredrobin chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
I think this piece captures the style of C.S. Lewis so very well, and I absolutely adore how cheeky and smart you made Jill and Eustace. That final line is a nice way to wrap this up too; I always find endings a tricky thing.
Theblueandpurpledarkness chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
Very nice. Nice character portrayal, very nice writing. But I think you should keep it a one shot, I think continuing it would be pointless to say the least. But very nice story, very good indeed.
Gardengirl6 chapter 1 . 1/8/2012
Very lovely. I particularly like Miss Berringer being able to hear Aslan, and to receive His comfort. Nice job!
YouWillRememberThisPenName chapter 1 . 7/24/2011
This is really good! You should definitely write a full story... that would be awesome! x
rthstewart chapter 1 . 6/24/2011
Well, I am so glad you mentioned you had posted a Narnia story! This delightful one went right by me! I just adore how very pert and impertinent and clever Eustace and Jill are. The ongoing thread of the Lion and his hindquarters and the renaming of the school were delightful as well. This is a slim little story with very vibrant characters - you can just SEE Sergeant Blackett (I think he has a mustache and a bit of a belly) and Miss Berringer (she has a lovely tea set) and the odious Major reduced to minor. A lovely, lovely piece.
Nocte Furorem chapter 1 . 6/22/2011
Nice story. A much better ending to "The Silver Chair".
Clio1792 chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
Love the way Eustace and Jill set the headmistress up. A nice cheery way to end a stint in Narnia..."Oh dear, not again" said Jill. "And she actually called the police this time? It must be getting worse."

Jill clearly learned a few things when she was handling the Ettin Giants...!

Seems a pity to equate "progressive" with Hobbesian...but maybe it was in the heyday of Ayn Rand...and the scene with Miss Berringer is great..."SUCH a lion that she longed to run to, and bury her face in his fur and sob out her fears for her sister"-this was just excellent-"I'm not sure how many of THEM are curable.." was FUNNY-in these elements, your story echoes C.S. Lewis's humor as well as his Christian bent...this is the C.S. Lewis of "Surprised by Joy" and "Screwtape Letters" speaking, and it's well done...

Nice new title for the school...and may this Yank reader humbly suggest that there are a few benefits to co-education?

For example it introduced Jill and Eustace?

Clio
TMNinjaGinga chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
Very nice! I'd always vaguely wondered what happened after the wall was mended. Lewis never did give us much detail there...so thanks for thinking about it and actually putting it into words. You're doing some really good writing.

Keep it up!

G
Aperio chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
Nicely characterised - as always, I think you did a great job of keeping the period's language and feel :) LOVED the touch of the giggling operator, and some great OC's (? Undeveloped canon characters, if not)

Also, great interaction with the police. Innocent Jill/Eustace is very funny! Lioncourt Hall! :D