Reviews for The Oldest of Ways
Kaxian chapter 1 . 4/10/2014
Ventus the love expert xD
Amulet Misty chapter 1 . 10/28/2013
This might just be the cutest Terqua fic I have ever read ever. I can't. It's. So. Cute.
WishingDreamer5 chapter 1 . 4/30/2013
Wow, this was beautiful, but I'm not surprised. I love how you always tend to make Ven the cute, innocent, curious younger sibling, but at the same time, he seems to know more about stuff than Terra does. :P
I really loved this piece. Another welldeserved fave. :)
roobaby2011 chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
Awesome!
Moofin chapter 1 . 7/22/2012
I am SO glad that you don't have any Yaoi pairings! I'm tired of those. And your writing style is so amazing! Thank you so much for posting! :)
aradian nights chapter 1 . 8/17/2011
I think the best thing I can possibly say after reading this is... well, d'aaaaaaaww!

Oh, the cheese, you got in my eyes at some points, but I managed to brush you out in time to read the rest of the story. XD I think this story kind of just stomps the category of, "IT'S SO FLUFFY, I WANNA DIE!" (I wish I could use gifs on fanfiction, because that one is so relevant right now) It was very, very cute. Though I kind of realized how much I prefer lighter fluff, I can't turn up some adorable TerraAqua. It's my OTP, afterall. Well, actually, I don't know about that anymore, bacause VenNami is being a little nag, and... well, I still find this pairing utterly adorable.

I'm trying to imagine Terra learning how to be a gentleman by reading Aqua's romance books. XD Actually, just trying to imagine him reading romance books. It makes me giggle! It actually made me giggle several times. I suppose that just might be what fluff does to me. Heavier fluff makes me giggle a lot, while light fluff makes me squee. Divine Wolfe's writing comes to mind with the light fluff. I think the last time that happened was when I was reading a Shelos fanficiton. Her only one, I believe! Oh, Shelos. Why are you my OTP for Tales of Symphonia, I've never even played that game...

I can't really nitpick anything (I don't think there would've been anything to nitpick to begin with), so I'll just leave this review at that. I think I'm a bit too tired to review in greater detail, but if I were more awake I'd comment more on the way you characterized the trio. I'll just sum it up. You did WONDERFUL with characterizing them, which is no surprise, and Terra being charming instead of an idiot was... well, charming, and a pleasant refreshment. XD Oh, Terra. He's such an idiot ball. But I think everyone in KH has their idiot hero moments. Terra just gets saddled with a good deal of them.

Right, that'll be it. I really enjoyed the story, and I made me make quite a few noises that didn't sound very human. All derived from my giggles, I imagine.

-Dani
rairairaichu chapter 1 . 6/26/2011
This is one of the most carefully executed, in character, timelessly done Teraquas I've read in well...my perusing history. Bra-fucking-vo. I adore it.
AnHeiressofaSOLDIER chapter 1 . 6/26/2011
"I am so ready to have the best day ever!" Best. Ven. Line. Ever!

As of now, I think this is now my favorite story of yours! It’s so freaking adorable!

Thank you for this, Celine. You’ve made me remember why I love these two. Lately I’ve kind of been involved with Roxas/Xion, Sora/Kairi, Ven/Naminé, and Vanitas/Aqua. I’d forgotten how much I love the Canon TerQua.

There’s definitely something to be said about your Terra/Aqua stories. I think I love them so much because they don’t stray from Canon (even emotionally), but still add moments I wish were in BbS. Yes, I wish Terra had shown a bit more affection to the water maiden. These fics really are a much-needed anecdote.

Also, I love how you make Terra so sweet and caring. He was like that in the games, but it was overshadowed by his need to be strong and alone. It’s really nice to see how Terra might have been pre BbS.

And might I say that I adore your brotherly friendship of Ven and Terra? Gosh I love those two, but together, and the three of them… it just really makes me want KH3.

In my wildest imaginings, SRK, RAX, VTA, and Vanitas, Naminé, and the Riku Replica would all be revived, good, and hang out together. Maybe even HPO. And maybe Axel would be with Larxene…

Once again, I’m getting off topic.

By the way, I like the way you went about Aqua’s period. My guy friends can’t even bare to talk about such things. Anyway, I liked how it was obvious, but not blunt. If younger people were reading the fic, they wouldn’t be confused by it.

And, of course, I love the way that Terra read those books for Aqua. Reminds me how most of my guy friends have actually read Twilight (many of them by choice)…

You know you’ve recently become obsessed with Harry Potter when you misread “bowl” for “owl”. LOL. Having owls appear at breakfast would have been cool for BbS, but it might have taken a lot of explaining on your part. Haha.

You like Harry Potter, right? You know, this whole thing kind of reminds me of how Ron was reading that book in the Deathly Hallows. He was trying to better himself for Hermione.

By the way, my favorite line in this: "Well. I'm not sure where the Master hid the chocolate syrup, but I have a guess and I can find it for you. I think adding more sugar chips to the waffles would make Ven a happy camper but will also make him very hyper, and I really don't want that. Slicing the waffles up into quarters might actually make Ven eat less, because his mind might just be tricked into believing he has eaten more than he really has. And if we're out of mangoes, I don't mind having peaches with my waffle instead." ROFL.

And your characterization of Aqua and her reactions is still spot on.

Amazing job, Alacquiene. I hope you continue to write more light fics like this.
Karura Hime chapter 1 . 6/26/2011
I wonder what Terra said to her. Maybe: mmm, that ass?

But it was really good. I missed your Terra x Aqua fics. n3n

And the last scene, so good.
Shogouki chapter 1 . 6/22/2011
Haha, this was amazing. Probably my favorite Terqua one-shot.

I kinda wanna see Aqua's perspective of this, though. Oh well. You can't have everything, I suppose.
TonberryBlue chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
This is absolutely lovely. It's been a while since I have read a really good tequa story. Great job!definitely going into my faves and community. I don't know why but the last few sentences just really stuck with me :)
MusicalSage chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
I just happened to stumble upon this when looking throuhg other fanfictions; I clicked on this right away (when I should be studying...but, uh, yeah, let's not say anything. XD).

This is so sweet! Even though Terra didn't read any of those books in the end (from what I've gathered). How crafty; but this means that this was all from the heart, making it even sweeter. Whoops, I guess I'm leaning towards Terra/Aqua again...

Points on you mentioning waffles, of course! And the Ven comic relief; gah, he's just so adorable!

Good luck on your other writings, and I hope you're doing fine! Great job on this one! o.o
LightBloom chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
Possibly, my favorite Terra Aqua story to date! I love how he changed and how Ven always seems to mysteriously know what's going on. My favorite part was when Terra took Ven out to the cave's for the day in Aqua's place, but before I forget, I can't help but wonder...What was the joke about in the first place anyways?
Radiant Silver Star chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
Th...there is no emoticon to describe the way I feel.

That was the most satisfyingly romantic Terra/Aqua (or any pairing, really) one-shot that I've read from you or from anyone in a very long time.

That was so sweet I almost cried! Or died. I hear it's considered the same thing these days.

Oh... my gosh. Do I even have to say anything more? I don't think I can! I... I... I loved it!

Happy writing!

-RSS

Why isn't there an "Add Story to " button?
MonMonCandie chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
Awww! This was so cute! X3 It really was kind of funny that Terra learned how to be a "gentleman" from reading Aqua's books. Ventus is a genius and the cutest little brother ever! XD

I had fun reading this! Great job!