Reviews for Watership Down Tales from the New World
Embemxrabbit chapter 1 . 4/16/2013
It's sometimes hard for me to write accurately how rabbits would react to occurrences they had never experienced before, such as the CPR. Silver and Holly especially would be hard to restrain, perhaps a little more stubborn because of their status. Animals aren't humans after all! So well portrayed :)

Cowslip makes me laugh more than anything :L How he thinks he is so high and mighty is absolutely hilarious, doubly so considering his lack of physical strength. Who does he think he is, using Strawberry as a bodyguard! :0 It's good to see Strawberry stick up for himself, I like Strawberry :)

You see, Bigwig, no matter what you do Hazel is all for comradeship and loyalty, and SharksPotter clearly shows this to you. Despite his faults, Bigwig is awesome
kamikazitwinkie chapter 6 . 9/11/2011
There were a few of the things you mentioned that I had already guessed at. Josie's son taking a part was fairly obvious, since (if I remember this right) they heard that transmission from him in the future. Royce coming into play seemed very possible too, seeing as his body was never found. Maybe he got caught in the future just like Alan did?

Well I would personally LOVE to see a sequel to this story.

fivers11 chapter 5 . 8/19/2011
thats cool having 1 of fivers kitten named after fields
kamikazitwinkie chapter 5 . 8/6/2011
Hi Alex! It's been a while!

This is going to be a double review of what is now chapter three (the HAB one), and chapter 5.

It was definitely a good idea to leave the HAB chapter out of the main story. It was repetitive, like you already pointed out, and it was just too show moving for the main section. It was much more interesting to get a glance at their lives once we already knew the main story.

I immensely liked chapter 5, but I did like epilogue you ended up using more. Even though I would probably agree with Bigwig and the other rabbits that were glad to see him gone, it was satisfying in a way to see that Robbins/Fields wasn't absolutely evil.

How far along are you on NW? I'm excited to finally read the last draft.

kamikazitwinkie chapter 3 . 7/11/2011
That was a really cool chapter. It was interesting getting a bigger glimpse of the world of the far future. That...is a bad place.

fivers11 chapter 2 . 6/26/2011
sooooooo cool
kamikazitwinkie chapter 2 . 6/26/2011
I think that was a cool chapter and it would have fit fine in the actual story, but I was confused about a few things. The title didn't really seemto fit th chapter. Yes Fiver had a vision, but unless I missed something, the vision didn't actually make a difference. Fiver didn't really do anything significant to find Hazel and Alan. That whole thing just didn't make sense to me. Overall it was still a good chapter though.

THEBEST56 chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
Ok pretty good but could you tell us what part of the story the dealeated takes place at the start of the chapter to make is less confusing?
kamikazitwinkie chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
Hey there Alex!

And the first review goes to me. I liked this scene. I think you were right about the pacing issue, it would have stretched out the moment too much and ruined the tension. It WAS pretty cool to see McEwen in action though. It's been a while since I read through the first half of the story (and none of the rewrites), but I don't remember too much action be him. He just kind of got lumped in with the others.

Looking forward to the next one :)