Reviews for Counterpoints
kiwihipp chapter 1 . 4/18
Poor Emmett! Not easy to be at this cross roads! Very good character study!
kiwihipp chapter 2 . 4/18
Really a good shot of Charlie! Just like I have imagined him when I read the Saga!
Boxgirl89 chapter 2 . 2/6/2013
Wonderful Love it !
Guest chapter 2 . 8/30/2012
Enjoyed that! Love Charlie speak, all salty and wise. :)
ladylibre chapter 2 . 5/23/2012
Not only was this chapter amazing-Charlie's thoughts were complex, nuanced, and interesting-but you quoted "Uninvited," which is the best song ever and totally in sync with B&E. Well done!
ladylibre chapter 1 . 5/23/2012
WOW! That was amazing! I've always thought that Emmett is far more observant and emotionally aware than we think, and this outtake perfectly captures that. LOVE IT!
bikechick3 chapter 2 . 4/19/2012
Wow, how can you get SOOO inside Charlie's head when you do such a damn good job with Edward? I can't think of two more different characters in Twi - or at least I couldn't, until I read this and saw the similarities that you pointed out. Great job!
Multitaskmom chapter 2 . 4/12/2012
Well done. I loved it. I just love Charlie. I kind of get what you mean about Charlie came across in the books, but then after the first movie I realized that when I read him in the books I have to remember that it is also Bella's perception of him. I think that's one thing the actor the movie really did well because he was so much like Charlie in the books, but also came across in a way that seems closer to what you wrote here. Anyway, thanks for writing that. It was great.
CindyWindy chapter 2 . 4/9/2012
This was terrific! I could read the entire story through his eyes!

Loved the "at ease, soldier" and "ten hut" - that really got me tickled! With your fine writing I could easily picture Edward standing there all proper-like.

You've given such an authentic voice to Charlie! "I just wanted to relax and watch the game but somehow I've ended up in the middle of an Afterschool Special instead."

He's incredibly perceptive and I loved being in his head for awhile. Thanks so much.
CindyWindy chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
Emmett's much more insightful than I imagined. Well done!
tookeeluv chapter 2 . 4/7/2012
I absolutely love one shots and even though this isn't exactly a one shot, its a combo of them... even better. I love reading Fox Fire and this is a perfect detour from it. Thanks for posting and I'll certainly look forward to more.
InspiredByLemons chapter 2 . 4/7/2012
Wow! Just... Wow!

I absolutely adore the fact that you've given us an insight into Charlie's mind! I chuckled at quite a few of his thoughts, as I occasionally have some of them myself - the one about grey hairs in his eyebrows, for example! (Fortunately, it's not uncommon for women to reach for the hair dye, but I doubt Charlie would be that vain...)

"I'd swear he didn't even blink until I watched it happen. Twice. Deliberate-like." Oh, how perceptive Charlie really is, and he doesn't even know it!

"Bella's by his side like a shot. He takes her hand and squeezes it. And would you look at her face! Actually, I can't. She used to look at me that way." Such a bitter-sweet observation. *sniff*

Altogether another excellent counterpoint, Woodlily. I loved it!

CC x
NobodyButHim chapter 2 . 4/6/2012
Great chapter.
Wont2nach chapter 2 . 3/30/2012
Great chapter. Interesting that you should pick to write about Charlie's POV. I have been reading a lot of stories lately that take on some of the side characters POV to explain Twilight. I always wondered about Charlie. How can he been so clueless? I know that deep down he can't be. He must be adopting the "need to know" policy. Thanks for giving us a peek into his mind.
writ-in-water chapter 2 . 3/24/2012
*sigh* I have a weak spot for Charlie in any and all Twific. Sadly, he isn't a character to which many authors grant three-dimensionality. His role in most stories is usually limited to that of a plot device. It's nice to see otherwise. What’s more, your grasp on him set my DaddyIssues! all atwitter – a compliment, as that’s my automatic response to any good Charlie characterization. ;)
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »