Reviews for Meet my daughter, AmyJane
Tess Fisher chapter 66 . 7/21
So I've just read the whole story in about a few days. It's amazing! I was so hoping for Charlotte/Richard to work out! And I love the Dowager Countess. The only disappointment was the lack of a wedding night scene-not that it had to be explicit, but it felt skipped over. Still, a really amazing story!
lyonfoch chapter 43 . 7/7
I love Agnes!
lyonfoch chapter 33 . 7/6
Heartbreaking! But it's so clever how you weaved the hunsford proposal into this!
LoseItLady chapter 55 . 5/13
You write that Elizabeth comes as close to fainting as she ever had when Darcy comes toward her but asks Jane for a dance. Lizzie did faint in Hertfordshire at the dress shop. So this would NOT be the closest to a faint.
EmlynMara chapter 65 . 4/26
A long journey, but a. Dry tender heartwarming one. I really enjoyed reading your story and watching the characters grow
W and develop. Thanks for sharing.
EmlynMara chapter 64 . 4/26
I love that you not only mentioned, but footnoted Lady Whistledown. What a lovely little twist.
EmlynMara chapter 62 . 4/26
I think you've done a brilliant job with the confrontation. It was very in character with how you've written up to this point.
EmlynMara chapter 52 . 4/25
Apparently, whilst Elizabeth has come to care for/love Darcy, she still suffers from an incredible inability to understand him.
EmlynMara chapter 50 . 4/25
Brilliant scene with betting books. Richard was obviously the one to help.

Nice contrast between the Baron and Feathers. Going against society doesn't guarantee happiness. It's how you react to it that makes all the difference in the world.

I also like that Darcy is paying it forward.
EmlynMara chapter 33 . 4/23
I can definitely see her unleashing all her vitriol at him. But she is flat out lying when declares she never sought his good opinion, for it is that very lack that leads her down the path of such profound hatred and misunderstanding.

I can see, but wonder at, his decision to hide her past and foster out Amyjane. I especially wonder at him thinking she would be amenable to giving up her daughter. That does pretty much paint him as heartless. But it is not unbelievable.

Devasting chapter.
EmlynMara chapter 31 . 4/23
Darcy is such a Jane. Peace with the Lord?! Good grief. The man is such denial. And Elizabeth is living in her very own negative fairyland. And Darcy is deluded. Ugly, very ugly is the direction we are heading in.
EmlynMara chapter 24 . 4/18
It may very well be one too many coincidences, but I confess when I read about Grenville and his sermon, I thought about Lady C and Collins. It is true, he would be a lot of fun to work with within the context of the story.
EmlynMara chapter 23 . 4/18
Good difficult discussion between Darcy and Richard. I wonder if Darcy's mercy will backfire on him.
EmlynMara chapter 11 . 4/17
I liked what you have done with the characters. Although I almost expected Mr. And Mrs. Bennet to have become more protective and demanding of their younger daughters, you have realistically written very different and believable reactions. Instead of the tragedy leading to improvement, you have allowed them to completely place the blame on others and sink even more into selfishness and apathy.

The callousness shown by the Earl, the Viscount, and his friends is quite believable too, although the one thing I question is his friend allowing the circumstances to be a fulfillment of the bet. I would have thought he would be more protective of his horse and renumerative funds to allow the Viscount's scenario to count - but I guess he didn't really care, and simply cheered his dissolute friend on. Which is once again, quite believable.

Excellent job.
nessy22 chapter 66 . 3/10
I discovered this story a few days ago and it took a great part of my time in its possession of them. It was so hard to stop reading, when I had to, because real life was calling at times.
What a great and epic story you have created. You are a good storyteller. A real talent! It was a very good read, thrilling at times (just couldn't read fast enough for my taste), had witty dialogues, with good plotting and it felt so natural. Then, I am amazed, because it is actually a complete different story. And I loved the hint (somewhere in the story) while Darcy was thinking, what would have been, if E wasn't in this situation. He would have never met her. Well, I was just thinking of the original...;) Loved that and also so many different tidbits of it. So, let me thank you for this huge effort and time, you put into it and have let taken us part (also, if I'm aware of being quiet late)
1,165 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »