Reviews for In the Name of the King
Nimrodel626 chapter 1 . 1/9
I just watch the last part of Born of Hope for the fifth time a few minutes ago, so perhaps that explains it, but I was crying at your last sentence. I love Halbarad.
May the Valar guide your pen,
Nimrodel
LadyoftheNight chapter 1 . 8/10/2013
Oh, wow. This story was beautiful. I have watched Born of Hope several times, but never really made the connection between Halbarad and the young man on the "battlefield". (To be perfectly honest, I was too much in awe of the beauty of the film, and the absolute cuteness of toddler Aragorn (I'm a sucker for any child under the age of 7))
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 3/6/2013
This story was sad and beautifully written. You captured the moment well. I'm glad, in a way, that I just finished watching "Born of Hope". You did a fine job intertwining the film with what occurred in the books. It was just as sad as when I read what happened to Halbarad.

Well done.

-Aria Breuer
TheRoadgoeseverOnAndOn chapter 1 . 11/20/2011
A great story. Very well written.
Mirach chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
Plese, allow me to quote my own poem in this review:

Be well, my love, kiss our son

For me and for my king

Into your arms I won't return,

But don't let your heart sink

-o-

Do not mourn for me, cousin mine,

When my life's blood will flow

I only regret I won't see

The crown upon your brow

When I watched Born of Hope, this moment hit me right into the heart, like a bittersweet thorn, and that's the same way your story feels to me. I feel deep sorrow for Halbarad, and for Aragorn's loss in that day. Beautifuly written!