Reviews for The Smallest Histories, Repeating
blindmanonladder chapter 1 . 5/30/2013
Interestingly, I've seen stories that portray Nina as able to fly and others that maintain she cannot. I think this is the best case for her groundedness.

But content aside this is one of the most elegant writing styles I've ever seen. Every word serves its purpose clearly and beautifully. Specifically, the line "Whose sister or brother, daughter or son, would sacrifice their life to however briefly or hollowly recapture it?" is really haunting.

Nicely done.
EmpathicTempest chapter 1 . 2/11/2012
I don't see tragedy occurring because of Nina and Ryu from Breath of Fire. They fell in love and hooked up. Who's to say it was wrong for them to do so? Mina's sacrifice wasn't because of the dragon and fae inbreeding; it was because of Myria, her demons, and her hatred toward the dragonbrood. Personally, I don't see Nina from Breath of Fire 2 having any regrets after hooking up with Ryu. The guy did contribute largely to giving reason for her to keep living after all. Plus she only considers him as one of (the only other being Mina) the most important in her life. Plus, there has to be more the reason why these two keep returning in every new Breath of Fire story as different incarnations. It's just too bad that Capcom will probably never explain the reason for this.
Anmynous chapter 1 . 7/14/2011
Ay... I always wonder if the princesses are unaware of the effect their love has on their clan, or if they are but just can't avoid it.

Even if they end up happy in each story - and they might not - their love is a tragic one for the ruin it brings.
Bill chapter 1 . 6/25/2011
A very sweet story
Mister Uknown chapter 1 . 6/22/2011
So many people just don't touch on the long night of the souls that the BoF 1-3 games have on the side.

Myself, as for this fic goes:

Sand in my eye.