Reviews for Falling Forward
cassieerin chapter 5 . 9/22/2012
Very lovely.
SG1SamFan chapter 5 . 8/23/2012
I'm going to make a prediction right now: this last scene is better than what I'll find in the books (and not because it's steamy but because it makes sense).

I will return to tell you Real or Not Real when I finish books 2 and 3. :)
SG1SamFan chapter 3 . 8/23/2012
This is gorgeous. The tension between them is achingly good, and your punctuation is perfectly placed, particularly here:

I take menacing steps forward. "You – kissed me, out of nowhere."

Now he looks abashed. "Katniss, I didn't—… I just wanted to," he shrugs. "I've wanted to."
Elani chapter 5 . 8/20/2012
One of the best pre-epilogue stories I've read. I think you navigated the Gale situation perfectly. You didn't turn Gale into an arse or Katniss into a slut but you put her into a situation were she could realise she needed Peeta.

Will definitely be reading more of you writing!
nowforruin chapter 5 . 4/8/2012
I've read a bunch of fics that cover this time period, leading up to the last line, but I think yours is my favorite. It somehow feels more real than the others. You got the characters spot on. Lovely.
lecabe chapter 4 . 4/3/2012
great story, you captured the characters well (especially haymitch)
LindyK chapter 5 . 2/2/2012
I appreciate this story! My favorite fan fics are like this- ones that keep to the story, filling in gaps but not changing the plot or voice of the characters. Thank you and good work :)
Brooke Waters chapter 5 . 1/7/2012
I loved this! So sweet. You captured the essence of Katniss very, very well. Please check out my Hunger Games story! And please, write more stuff on the Hunger Games. Because this was epic. :)
Bellarke21 chapter 5 . 10/11/2011
I've never reviewed before, but I couldn't resist reviewing your story. I always search for Hunger Games fanfictions post Mockingjay, pre-epilogue, I have read so many, and yours is by far the best! I loved the way you wrote this. Things went slow, as they should. I especially love their first kiss! I've always wondered what would be the best way to do that, but could never figure it out. Your version of it was perfect! A little awkward, but not dramatic like most fanfics...katniss didn't scream and cry and run away and they didn't make out, and it wasn't built up to...it was random out of the blue- which was so normal and human. I loved it. You did a good job capturing the way Katniss thinks...I am very impressed! Thanks for a great story! Write more!
Serena89 chapter 5 . 9/12/2011
So far, this is my favorite interpretation of the canon's simple "grew back together". It's sweet, painful, true to the characters and you caught their voices perfectly. I love how I can see Katniss struggling chapter after chapter, in pursue of her new dimension and how I can perceive it through your changing writing style. Katniss is opening up to herself and to us.

I even like the fact that eventually she finds Gale back again, realizing that all he's ever been is the Best Friend - the fire that matches her own and that cannot possibly balance her. The reunion of two old friends that will never have their old footing back, but it gives her some sort of closure. The much needed closure to finally embrace her new life with the man she's in love with. Bread and Fire.

My warm compliments for your beautiful writing. I hope to read more from you.
sw777 chapter 5 . 9/7/2011
Omg sooo good. How have I not found this before now?
Emma Kellog chapter 5 . 8/27/2011
I have just one word for you-perfect! I have always felt a little cheated by the end of mockingjay. After so much hardship, it would have been nice to see a little happiness for the two of them. I really like how you took the little that was given in the book and expanded upon it. Your take is believable and in character and I adored every chapter. Thank you.
sparksfly16 chapter 5 . 8/22/2011
Great story!
manebella chapter 5 . 7/24/2011
one word... perfect.. thank you for giving us this.. is great and i'm always inthe mood for katniss and peeta
angels0ul chapter 5 . 7/20/2011
I love how you've written this story...simple yet complex and most importantly...grounded and realistic. I love that it's not a fairy tale ending but that it is in a way for K&P. Good job!