Reviews for YuYuGiDigiMoon OVA: Summer Diaries Special Edition
Ford1114 chapter 19 . 3/1
It's Ford again, this is technically more of a confirmed announcement to readers rather than a review. Me and the author initially thought of a sequel to this taking place between CG and Defiants, but we come to the conclusion that it's ultimately scrapped.

Basically, the scrapped SD II focuses more on the Neo Heroes. We also thought of a suppose villain that the Neo Heroes and allies would have fight, but I feel this event/scene is ultimately scrapped and will not happen/exist at all (I regretfully apologize about it since it feels no sense). Also, I realize that the OCs that are not 'crossover-related OCs' such as TWC and Valkyries (san Kotori) feel its best that their sidestories will be flesh out in Kanius' eventual novels, like wonder if there is an 'official' Summer Diaries.

Thanks for me bringing this up nevertheless.
Ford1114 chapter 19 . 10/9/2015
The last chapter. It has been fun for me to finally put my voice to the reviews since 5 years have pass since the original SD is release, and then in 2016 will also be the 5th anniversary since SD’s Special Edition.

Hahahaha, Usagi and Rei switch bodies! Tough luck for them. :P They go through dinner and sleep till the morning. Nice to put the Starry Night and so for Rei.

A monster attacks, but eventually the Senshi finds a way to restore Usagi and Rei to normal.

Finally it’s done that I completely put my responses to SD. I really like both of you guys insightful commentaries for character’s 1st person POV despite being sidestories.

Top Five POVs
Cain
Arcadian Cross
Kuwabara
Kazu
Kouichi

As for the future, then yes, I love to see another project if its suppose to be green lit, if you feel the mood to do so, and have enough space to your schedule. For what I can imagine if that happens, the next summer can take place after Cross Generations but before Wrath of the Defiants.
We can talk about what POVs we can brainstorm, I have title ideas.
-YYGDM OVA: Summer Diaries II
-YYGDM OVA: Neo Summer Diaries
-YYGDM OVA: The Last Summer (Makes sense since it segues to our heroes’ last story)
-YYGDM OVA: Shin Summer Diaries

See you later!
Ford1114 chapter 18 . 10/9/2015
Two more chapters. Zimmy is here since he attempts to rebuild Zagato’s group, well he better try for a Zim parody.

There’s being possessing cats and brainwash Serenity and Sailor Jupiter and then more girls. Our heroes try to save them.

Oh no…that last scene is gonna make me laugh.
Ford1114 chapter 17 . 10/9/2015
Cammy Hino, Sailor Mars’ OC sister’s turn. She is once the reincarnated Digital Priestess that thwarted Pharaohmon, now she’s part of the Neo Spirit Detectives.

There are some pleasant times together with sports and stuff since the festival. It is a true summer vacation by going to the beach.

Oh right, Haumea and Makemake were suppose to be Polynesian twins mentioned, then years later it has been completely change to be two West Coaster members.

There’s the hints of Cammy and Shingo becoming a couple which we will eventually see. Like the French sendoff of the chapter.
Ford1114 chapter 16 . 10/9/2015
Aha, Vivian’s turn that her martial art skills are inspired by famous Chinese martial artists and taking over the dojo. 2008 in real-life was the release of Kung Fu Panda. :P

Vivian became a Senshi to tag along Makemake in fighting off the Weepers. I can see that since Tristan and Duke are involve, they are the potential boyfriends for Vivian and Miho.
Ford1114 chapter 15 . 10/9/2015
Since I reviewed the first 14 chapters already, it’s time I’m moving forward to Lance’s.

It has been years since his body is possessed by Pharaohmon and is living at peace for now. Only then did Lance remember seeing Stonebagel Enterprises for his involvement since the first story.

Lance duels all the way from Weevil to the Grandra siblings. Then comes the climax by dueling with Larry, the source of this Enterprise foreshadowing.

Of course this year, some of these hints lead to West Coasters.
Ford1114 chapter 12 . 10/9/2015
Haha, it’s Impmon. He’s rocking in the Brooklyn path and has his own sidestory.

Ah, I see a spot on Pokemon Diamond & Pearl (recently, Honest Game Trailers just release a video about it lol). I also see the two pups of Renamon/Inumon. Welp, Beelzebumon is going to the main conflict next.
Ford1114 chapter 11 . 10/9/2015
Tea’s turn. I remember back in my early days of FF dot net of some writers making fun of her name as a teacup. Okay let’s get back to the story.

Nice to see Tea’s dream of performing in NYC has paid off. The days of racism are gone (though in real-life it still happens sadly, but its nowhere as big as before), now here’s many diverse people get to know one another.

Since the Pharaoh left, Tea’s crush on Yugi has come to fruition as they are more likely the official couple of the Yugioh franchise. Nice poem I look at based on the real-life one.
Ford1114 chapter 10 . 10/9/2015
Mokuba, to the Mokuba mobile! Once the annoying brother of Seto, now it changes for him to become vice president.

Yeah, Max and Sam have their times in the first two years of Duel Academy such as the Shadow Riders and the Light Society.

Then they are heading to the main conflict soon.
Ford1114 chapter 9 . 10/9/2015
The cheerful Christina is up next and the Minako clone, well she is her protege. Yes, she and Taylor are having the time to train their bodies by being physically active.

Karin sees her training with Megumi’s dojo. There’s all these variety of weapons the Kuipers use.

I remember seeing the first cameo of Arashi, Christina’s first crush before it fades. Years later, Christina finds a long-time boyfriend under the name of Kensuke Rainer/Dramon X.
Ford1114 chapter 8 . 10/9/2015
The eighth chapter to look is Helena and Tyra.

They have been close friends, well too close in later stories. They focus their hand-to-kick combats to defend physically. They have trained with other students for sure with greater detail.

Varuna’s initial dislike to Kasumi turns to positive respect. It’s time someone else took over.
Ford1114 chapter 7 . 10/9/2015
Next is Talley, one of Yamaki’s Charlie Angels alongside Riley. It’s the anime and college crazed since then. Today this past event, Tally meets the US Colonel, Nate Escobar. Tally is so funny when she talks to her new boyfriend by talking so fast (unlike her past boyfriend in college due to being a jerk).

Another cameos of anime merchandises. There’s a PS3 controller, years later to today the PS4 takes over.

I see what the top five-rated anime/manga is like in YYGDM Japan as of 2008. Seeing that Sailor V had a second anime adaptation, an ‘actual’ one is release last year, dubbed Sailor Moon Crystal. :P

Good stuff.
Ford1114 chapter 5 . 10/9/2015
Miho is there to have a normal college life till she’s under attacked by one of the Weepers. Pluto comes in time to inform her destiny to become a Kuiper Senshi. That is her place to help out.

Now that’s a long commentary here. I remember the concepts of the Kuiper Belts and being an international team. Since 2006 that Pluto was no longer a planet in real-life, Pluto herself instead helps Sedna to find her team. I remember you mentioned the Sandman being Freddy Krueger, which you showed it in Gaiden months ago.

Looks like Makemake and Haumea are teaming up on their quest, but yeah no yuri (that goes for Varuna x Quaoar).
Ford1114 chapter 4 . 10/9/2015
Next is Sailor Saturn, the senshi of life and death. I remember the well-found relationship with the other Outer Senshi such as Uranus and Neptune are like her parents. An all female-family to say, and I see Hotaru’s father redeemed himself years ago (though the YYGDM setting combines the manga and first anime’s, Hotaru’s dad leans more to the anime version, unlike his manga self where he was irredeemable).

Celebrating Rei’s birth to Koori and Ryuuhi is great for Hotaru. Wondering who Hotaru’s boyfriend is, I know that we recently talk about this on email.

Someone is hungry for some cupcakes.

With recently that Hotaru’s new English VA is Madoka Kaname, I go like wow.
Ford1114 chapter 3 . 10/9/2015
Next its Sara Shinobu that she’s off to make Henry not single. I recall about the commentaries that both Henry and Sara have different sets of strengths/weaknesses of academic subjects, and the future college majors they’ll destined to go.

Sadly honestly in real-life, despite aware of being prepared, most people still have rude awakenings of what to do with their degrees and other serious factors..