Reviews for YuYuGiDigiMoon OVA: Summer Diaries Special Edition
Ford1114 chapter 2 . 10/9/2015
Decide to then look at Kazu and his time with Kiyoko, who is glad to see him as a person instead of an unpopular goofball. Kiyoko is a decent student by joining the student council. Kazu sees himself as an actual superhero besides relying on his Digimon.

Nice to see the Norn sisters are mentioned, with Kiyoko sees herself as Verdandi (Belldandy use as a template), both of us knew who she is outside of YYGDM (but will happen in VA). I remember you mentioned Battle Stadium DON, many years later in real-life, J-Stars Victory Vs is the first to finally release outside of Japan. Yes, Digimon begins to see popularity again that rivals Pokemon vice versa in real-life thanks to Xros Wars (and then Tri in two months) and Pokemon uses Mega Evolutions.

The Akihabara events are remembered by these people. Ah yes, I remember the opinionated arguments of which series is better: Evangelion or Serial Lain.
Ford1114 chapter 1 . 10/9/2015
The very first SD’s chapter in chronological order. This time I’m leaving a brief review for good ol Kuwabara.

Unlike in canon where its implied that he went to college, because you guys expand YYH, Kuwabara decides to start his own construction business after high school. Nevertheless, he makes a positive effect to people such as both Joey and Mai.

There’s the first signs of the antagonists in this sidestory, but I already know what was like.
Ford1114 chapter 6 . 4/24/2015
The part with Kouichi is okay, considering you saw on my reviews that I don’t mention the Legendary Warriors much..

There’s the mention of the Aether Sea, a code that’s before that festival. The dimension codes, looking back ties-in to Across Dimensions. Jaarin’s theory came true at last.

The real reason why I review of the Aether Sea is due to Lazer mention the connection with ReBoot.
To Lazer and K: Yep, I remember that cartoon back then as it’s the first CGI show and done by the same studio with Beast Wars/Machines (they are indeed similar as both of their later stories became darker). I admit looking back the animation is dated, but it holds up fine (it should have ended in Season 3 due to how their last season ended on a cliffhanger..) that I wonder of rewatching it if I have time, especially I recently heard that a reboot of the cartoon is coming called The Guardian Code. Well, people like us still watch the classics, and I’m like around 18-19 at the time this chapter was release.
Ford1114 chapter 13 . 4/18/2015
Before the Cain chapter, I remember reading this and it’s one of the longest ones. Doesn’t hurt to look at it again.

Yeah, Zagato originally came from DF-616 and is related to Burizalor and the Corrupts was an interesting twist even though he’s a parody of Kang the Conqueror. And then there’s Aya, who will eventually become an ally to the heroes.

To be honest, the only main thing I care about is when Aya and Zagato warn the heroes of the Defiants conflict. I’d say this stands out because of there are still humans who want to oppose all meta-beings and will be different unlike all past conflicts. Yes, I remember many years ago of how this idea is first thought out is due to a user named jetblack1979 talks about it around 2005-06 in your forums, and then Lycosyncer mention Cain to be involve as the main founder (instead of a scrapped OC named Aeryk..). We all know the ‘humans vs meta-beings’ are a common trope in various works such as X-men (obviously), but for this forthcoming fanfic, I can tell the Defiants story will stand out like its canon counterparts.
Ford1114 chapter 14 . 4/10/2015
I'm rereading Cain's perspective a few times, but the time has come that I review this since it's one of my fav SD chaps.

Yeah, to think he lost his wife from a certain villain makes him descend to madness and xenophobic to all super-powered beings. Cain and Grace are the Lex Luthor and Mercy Graves in this anime crossover. Then, with the Rajita source they found in CA (thank for Nate Escobar for ironically shooting it, we wonder when will he and Cain will butt-heads again in the future), alongside making the Souja bots, Cain is going to defy the heroes when that time comes. The link how the main Souja core will be similar to Brainiac, while Ghidorah is Darkseid/Doomsday, the Senshi will always have some of the biggest roles since they were the first japanese heroes in the public. Remembering some said its similar to X-men is legit. Haha, mutagen from the containers, that sounds like TMNT since the Rajita Warlords are the Shredder.

While this is a short chapter, the commentary is the opposite for giving us some details. We can thank Lycosyncer (you can find and add him on Deviantart, he now does movie reviews) for this idea alongside others. Yes, the West Coasters is coming this spring with Lazer doing a prequel gaiden, so that will be an interesting change from Japan as it sets in America. Their time as meta-heroes is approaching.

Yep, this fanfic franchise will continue to develop with new ideas, transitioning from shonen in the early days to a wider sophisticated maturity.
Starlight AT chapter 19 . 1/3/2012
I have been neglecting this story for too long..and now i give you my long awaited review!

Hikari: I WAS RIGHT! I WAS RIGHT!

Veryone: WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT? VIVIAN WAS THE NEW SOLDIER!

Hikari: Yay!

Ugh...sorry everyone but she wins, I'll get her story done first then the rest of you.

Marta: I can't believe this...Vivian is...

Amelia: SOMETHING IS FUCKED UP!

Alice: Though she did change, she does care...

Okie dokie. Everyone's taking it well. BTW, I loved that mind swap episode of Usagi and Rei, pure genius! And i kinda feel sorry for Zimmy. But whatever. Sorry that this review is so short, I've been busy with Dissidia...and I really am sorry. Now onto ACROSS DIMENSIONS-oh...It's Digimon Fusion Kai all over again...

Hikari: how so?

Marta: she misses a lot of chapters and it takes her forever to read them.

Hikari: Oh...hey can we tell him about Dissidia?

Marta: Only if he wants to hear about it...
Crimson G chapter 19 . 10/21/2011
Great way to end this story. I expected more hijinks, but this was touching. Rei and Usagi have a true friendship.
Haruhi Suzumiya s0s chapter 19 . 10/19/2011
Oh, god. You killed me with these two chapters! XD

Great fake-out 'ending'! I was surprised to see more chapters!

Great two-parter. I never would've seen a FreakyFriday trope with Rei and Usagi! That should've been in the anime. That would've been freakin' hilarious! XD

Still, this makes up for it. I loved the Zimmy chapter. I definitely was hearing Richard Horvitz's voice (Zim's VA) from Zimmy, making it all the better. _;

Zimmy sure was an ambitious one, though incompetent. Wow, an all-female harem army? Now that's ambitious and he could've succeeded too, if it weren't for those meddling Senshi! Hahaha.

Usagi and Rei chapter was funny, but a very indepth introspective. They learned better by living in each other's shoes. Heh, Usagi scared of Ryuuhi's teeth. And yes, nice touch with PSGM!Rei's song. D'awww at the Rei/Chibiusa and Usagi/Hino twins bonding.

Cool to see Mars and Moon adapting to with each other's powers. Nice to see classic Sailor Moon action with the Moon/Mars/Mercury/Tuxedo combo! :3

Anyway, great two chapters. I loved the silliness, the introspective, and the cute bonding. Definitely worthy to be bonus installments.

My top five POVs... hard to choose, but here are my choices: Arcadian Cross, Miho, Usagi and Rei, Vivian/Tristan/Duke, and Cammy. If I had honorable mentions, erm... it'd be Christina, Helena/Tyra, and Lance. Honestly, I thought all the chapters were great.

Summer Diaries was an solid project and awesome yet insightful commentaries. You and LazerWulf put together a worthy OVA. It was refreshing to see some slice of life. Very well thought out and creative. Yeah, I hope we get another POV project in the future! Sign me up! _ b
Belletiger BT chapter 19 . 10/18/2011
awesome chapters! I really enjoyed them!

The chapter 19 was really hilarious. Zimmy wasa great villain. Lol, poor Rei and Usagi, exchanging the bodies. Heheh, and the funny thing is some time ago I saw the movie Change's up which was about exchanging bodies. Usagi and Rei's situations was pretty funny.

Now for my top fab pov are:

1-Miho, 2-Helena and tyra, 3-vivian, tristan,duke, 4-Cammy and 5- Zimmy, Usagi and Rei
JNaegi chapter 19 . 10/17/2011
Top Five POV:

Lance, Miho,Vivian/Tristan/Duke,Future Aussie Idol Christina, and Usagi and Rei.

For Favorite new character it would have to be Aya Tsuki. Got to go for the intergrated thought entity based of Yuki Nagato!

Good touch adding Sakura Fubuki, it's a good song! and old school fighting with the Moon, Mercury and Mars before finding the others.

This project was a success in my opionion and you guys should consider doing it again! The commentaries where also a treat to read (And reading the reviews as well, gotta show support)

All in all a good end to a good story. Oh yeah, kind of a moment when Usagi learned of what Rei goes through with the twins (The sharp teeth, I think anyone would have done what Usagi did, a female of course)

GOOD WORK YOU TWO!
Chaosblazer chapter 19 . 10/17/2011
You sure your not going to fake us out again? lol, Great stuff by the way, poor girls having to go through all that, but in the end it just made them and thier families stronger

This was an awsome story and the extra chapters ruled, hopefully for this time it's good to say that with certainty lol
YuYuGiDigiMoon Fan chapter 18 . 10/15/2011
Oh my ,this is really hilarious!Lol. Are Rei and Usagi exchange bodies? I wonder what everyone(especially Hiei,Mamoru,Cammy) is going to think about it...I can't wait to read it!

updates are really quick!_Keep up the great work!
Crimson Gtoo lazy to log in chapter 18 . 10/14/2011
I read this in Zim's voice. The heroes could've captured him and put him in room with a moose.

Funny chapter and I am wondering what happens next
Chaosblazer chapter 18 . 10/14/2011
lol awsome fake out dude, that was completely off gaurd.

And what a funny chapter, Zimmy is unique in so many ways it's awsome.

lol i wonder if this story will truely end, fake outs are fun though, keep up the great work
JNaegi chapter 18 . 10/13/2011
Now I know how those boys in that mountain dew commerical felt *We just got hosed Jimmy, we got hosed*.

Anyway that was a fun chapter! Man I didn't even think of Rei or Usagi like that but when you think about it, it could be a what if? Anyway Keep it going
104 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »