Reviews for Time out to See
Mrs. Florish chapter 1 . 7/22
Sneaky John but sexy.
Ravyn13 chapter 1 . 10/26/2014
Okay. I have read every one of your stories and (as one who sometimes writes myself ) am very ashamed to say this is my first review. I have favorite just about all of them though, and my only excuse is that I just couldn't wait to read more. This one though, really hit home. My father-who also died shortly after my 10th birthday- was also a huge fan of jazz, Dave Brubeck being his favorite.
I absolutely love how you depict their relationship, your descriptions of everything, and even the way you write is simply fantastic. Thank you (and ScopesMonkey) for sharing these stories. I wait with bated breath for more.
:-)
Puggle chapter 1 . 1/16/2014
Scorchingly beautiful
librarywitch chapter 1 . 10/25/2013
Yes another convert. Jazz is the music of the soul. I kind of like Bach too. I love your view of their relationship.
bookloverforeverandever chapter 1 . 4/19/2013
Just re-read this story again. I swear to you, I was in my car in early December when I heard on the radio that Dave Brubeck had died, and the first thing I thought is "Oh, John will be so sad." Ha! Then I laughed at myself, but that's how real and cannon your boys are to me.
MeddlingAdler chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
I love this story, I must admit though that although I do like take 5, I prefer I square dance. I've played both however an they are both immense fun to actually play!
Kazuki Landen chapter 1 . 10/19/2012
I'm reading all your fics and finding that every one of them so far is one I have read and loved before. This is such a sweet one.

Read this while listening to (Brubeck Quartet's) Take Five, which I felt was appropriate :)
Living in a fantasy chapter 1 . 8/24/2012
I'm getting a bit of a kink for public encounters, and this one was very good
Guest chapter 1 . 8/20/2012
Started grinning & singing take 5 as soon as it was mentioned. Al's great.
Dr.HiddlesMerthurlocked-Moran chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
I absolutely loved this! It was really amazing! It may be foolish of me, but I would be honoured if you would read my story and comment on it. Warning, it's rather long. 13 chapters up so far out of 19... But the chapters are short, if that makes it any better. Thank you if you do read it, if not, that's alright too. I understand you must be busy with your own works.
Sincerely, Kaleb
Pandora's tears chapter 1 . 1/23/2012
Not only a fantastic story, but you have opened my eyes to some fantastic music! Thank you so much!
Dark knightress chapter 1 . 12/5/2011
aw this was sweet
HOS70 chapter 1 . 7/2/2011
Indeed, I think all your readers need to take a communal cold shower after reading this story!

God help me, I never thought I would actually agree with Sherlock on something but I completely share his dislike for jazz and I think he did very well to not walk out of the club as soon as the job was over. On the other hand, I’m extremely proud of John for putting his foot down, intent to stay and enjoy the music irrespective of Sherlock’s contrariness. I’m also proud of Sherlock for realising and recognising that John is generally asking very little of him, whereas Sherlock is asking a lot of John. Is Sherlock actually starting to grow up?

Very surprised of naughty John, seeing as merciless manipulation is usually Sherlock’s department. I loved Sherlock’s humorous admission towards the end, that he did enjoy the music (and more).
Kagomechan56 chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
Pheeew, kinda need a cold shower... Very hot, and very them! I love it, keep on writing!
TealEyedBeing chapter 1 . 6/22/2011