Reviews for Fan Fiction, Sex Gods and Single Girls
6Abandoned-bicycle9 chapter 73 . 5h
Hello!

I am so incredibly in love with this story, I have absolutely no idea how to start this review! I don't usually read many non-canon Twilight fan fictions (or any non-canon fan fictions, for that matter) but after seeing the summary of your story and a few reviews, I knew I had to make an exception.

I'll admit, I initially hated who Edward was in the beginning and was tremendously sceptical about how you could possibly redeem his character (much like many of Bella's reviewers on her fan fiction had the same view of Ethan), but, wow, am I glad I stuck around to see his comeback. This is just one of the ways in which you really did these characters justice. Never in my approximately 6 years of reading fan fictions have I come across one with such rich character development and subsequent incredible immersion for the reader. Each and every thing the characters did, I personally think, were so plausible and raw and real! I loved it and am in awe of it.

The plotline itself was amazing, too. I especially like the 'supernatural' or 'fate-like' element you put in it, I find it very satisfying when all these seemingly unrelated events culminate into one beautiful happy ending. What can I say? I'm a sucker for the magical, whimsical aspects in every love story, and you managed to pull these aspects off without making them grossly unrealistic, I believe.

Another element that I really loved in your story was the whole 'meta' or 'Inception' aspect where Bella was writing a fan fiction about Twilight (or 'Starlight') while in a fan fiction about Twilight. That was pretty cool and satisfying to my geeky side.

To really top it all off, I LOVE your sense of humour! In the most tense of moments you never fail to provide just the right amount of comedic relief to sooth the reader's anxiety and anticipation of what's going to happen next. I can't even remember how many times I found myself laughing hysterically at something you wrote and then going off to show several of my friends and family, to which they'd just look at me strangely due to their lack of context while I'm just struggling to contain myself. Priceless.

Overall, your story has brought me so much joy and has truly reminded me how talented writers in this fandom can be. It also gave me a renewed love for the people in this fandom and my fellow Twihards. Reading the interactions Bella had with her 'Starho' (or Alice) and her readers really made me feel a great sense of community amongst the members of this fandom and also made me feel not so alone in my seemingly ridiculous obsession and enthusiasm for Twilight. Lastly, to wrap up this obnoxiously long review, I wanted to sincerely thank you for bringing me such happiness with your story and giving me something to be genuinely excited about when I get home from school every afternoon.

Thank you for sharing your talent with us and I wish you nothing but the best life could offer!

Kind Regards
Oooooooooh
PearlyFox chapter 47 . 9/16
Love the Belgian beer ;)
PearlyFox chapter 45 . 9/16
I volunteer for the mauling!
PearlyFox chapter 44 . 9/16
As Edward says: I like a good surprise :p 2 Russians walk into a breakfast place...
PearlyFox chapter 39 . 9/16
Sigh indeed
PearlyFox chapter 36 . 9/16
How do you do it?! I am so dumb lol. Amazing how you come up with everything
PearlyFox chapter 32 . 9/16
Be gone, Satin!
PearlyFox chapter 24 . 9/16
Yay I guessed them all right :p
PearlyFox chapter 23 . 9/16
The devil's out of the box eeeek
25,966 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »