Reviews for Gifts
Rose7 chapter 1 . 23h
I remember reading this too! Why did I read these and not tell you how much I loved them?! A question for past me...

Angsty, but lovely. I think you did the best of anyone in the fandom with Revan/Malak. You really made him a three-dimensional person and convinced me that he really did love her enough to do all these terrible things (and also convinced me that she was a person whom could inspire this in others.)
Cute Gallifreyan chapter 1 . 4/9
I love how easy you write Malak. it's something I have yet to grasp. I like again how you can create semi-romance with Malak and Revan, again something I can't get the knack for to me Malak and Revan were friends and I can't see anything else. Also like that Malak's first word with the prosthetic is... Master. And the fact that the dynamic is Revan is Exar Kun and Malak is Ulic.
ether-fanfic-v2 chapter 1 . 1/20
Love the running thread of comparison to Ulic/Noni too, and the shift at the end to Ulic/Exar. Fantastic way to end.
ether-fanfic chapter 1 . 1/20
I'm not sure if I've read this before?
What a great, dark one-shot. There's such a depth of anguish running through Malak's inner monologue, even as he thinks that the path they now take is the more powerful one, a better way than the Jedi way etc etc, I'm still left with the feeling he's deluding himself and yearns more for the way things were with Revan, in the past.
I'm gonna have to read this again. It's great.
Mother of Ducklings chapter 1 . 7/1/2013
Love the ending. Love the idea of Malak taking longer to fall. Dark and angsty, and I love it.
shellythenerd chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
"She was supposed to be the one who would save us all. But in the end, she was no different from the rest of us." God, this line really gets me. I remember reading this one back on kotorfanmedia when it was published. Such an amazing look into the how the relationship between two people who loved each other so completely has utterly changed. I love that your Revan and Malak are deep people with real emotions and ambitions, and that you are able to pull this off without shying away from the evil they have become. I think most fanfics tend to fall into the trap of Malak being brutally evil with no further character and Revan not truly being.. well, an evil sith lord. I applaud your understanding of them as real people who are indeed sith.
Jocasta Silver chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
Really interesting one-shot. I love the comparison to Exar Kun and Ulic Quel-Droma.
Fortune's Fool 1597 chapter 1 . 6/25/2011
Great work as always. Love the character development and the conflicting emotion - showed very real, very human sides to both Revan and Malak, as opposed to them just being your stereotypical, power-hungry dark lords. Well written!