Reviews for In Memoriam T
sylversmith chapter 1 . 8/30/2013
I've read this fic a couple of times before, but felt the (inexplicable) desire to tear at my heart again and re-read (which is a notable event in and of itself in fanfiction) and FINALLY leave a review.

While it's true that the story itself is incredibly poignant and well written, what I found most remarkable is how you transformed what could have been a very simple, albeit tragic, story line and augmented its complexity and kept me engaged and involved (as a reader) by making me work through the various clues (from an ignorant, third party perspective) to piece together what actually happened. Your careful use of descriptions and non-verbal communication- i.e. Shikamaru's pointed sake consumption, the vague reference to the 'tall black object covered in cobwebs' (Temari's fan?) only lent to the overall power of the work and kept the emphasis less on the history and past (Temari's husband, the full history of Naruto and Hinata's/Neji's deaths, the rift between Shikamaru and the Sand Sibs) and more on the present state of affairs (Shikamaru's- and to a lesser extent Temari's- obvious emotional anguish).

In terms of the theme behind your story- the rebuttal to Tennyson's famous poem, you did an excellent job at using ShikaTema to show how death is not the only way to lose the one you love, and in the case where he or she is still alive, that love can become a perpetual source of grief.

Again, incredibly well done, and I apologize for not leaving a review sooner.
jayjoan chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
Ughhh I always choke up when I read this, which isn't very often cause it breaks my heart still, this is a brilliant piece of work C:
Kimiz chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
I had read this a while ago, but in my cellphone, so I felt too lazy to drop a review (cell's keyboard.. Pain.) But today I came upon a note I had written down to read In Memoriam AHH, and as I started and fell in love with it, I remembered I had discovered it here and so I came to review.

I like the story, in that terribly angsty way xD At the same time I'm pouting at the sad ending, there's a part of me that's going "WOOOOW, sooo good!" I like how Shikamaru is so bitter, and the POV from outside the whole mess, it gives everything a new perspective. I was very torn the whole story. Me, being a mush, was all "Gah, someone's squeezing my heart!" lol I'm a drama queen. I like it, and really, you have great literary taste! Do you have any poems to suggest?

Wow, long review. Sorry for the rambling!
AnekiNara chapter 1 . 9/20/2011
Your story actually make me cry T.T

Truly, this is so sad, to imagine this story really happen in the real life is too hurt. GREAT! I really love the way you write, its different and AWESOME!

Please, make any sequel, but from Temari's side. Its obvious that both Shika and Tema are really hurt. But I want to know, how is Temari's heart of sadness. I really love to read it. I'll wait!

Thanks and keep writing great story _
Gubblebumgum chapter 1 . 9/8/2011
I have been trying to review all the stories that I love, and this is most definitely one of them. I was hoping for a little more insight into the past, but it was still beautifully done and incredibly heart-wrenching.

The thought of Temari with someone other than Shikamaru makes me sick, though ;P

Amazing, as usual.
viv chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
The story is a litlle bit sad but had its good parts. Thank you for posting it and good luck with your other stories!
LockDown chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
I would say remove the Temari tag but I thought about it. I would also say remove the romance tag but I also thought about it.

It's really a lost romance fic so I guess it qualifies even if it is damned depressing. Maybe remove the hurt/comfort and replace it with angst as I really didn't see any comfort and just a lot of hurt.

All that being said, for such a bummer fic it is well done. Emi comes across as a very engaging OC and a dark brooding Shika is always fun to explore since most people take him to be actually too lazy to be in anything but a bored state of emotions.

I'm gonna go watch a news story about a plane load of people dying. That will be uplifting at least by comparison.
AnotherLostChance chapter 1 . 6/28/2011
I really liked your writing style! It's not one that I'm familiar to but that's what adds the flavor to it. :) -subscribes-
Brains-in-a-nutshell chapter 1 . 6/25/2011
I really liked it, but DAMN it bummed me out. It was really well written, but I have to confess to feeling a little let down by the fact that we didn't learn that much about the past. Of course there has to be a little readin' between the lines, but I still wish we got to know more.

Then again, as much as I'd like you to continue this piece (my heart really wants a happier ending), this story feels like it fits more as an oneshot.

I can assume, but they're still guesses non the less, so I've gotta ask - who's the father?
smonkey chapter 1 . 6/24/2011
Not really what I expected. I didn't see any romance in here at all. I feel so bad for Shikamaru. I like how you made this day Temari's birthday. It suddenly makes sence why he's so depressed. Before Emi started talking about her, I was sure Shikamaru was upset because Temari was dead. I kind of wish she was. Don't really enjoy the thought of her with someone else. Oh well. Was a really good story.

Keep writing! :D
Effie-a chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
i liked it! sad that temari was not in the story but i liked the way you wrote shikamaru's character it seems right in a way. well amazing job!
Oonigiri chapter 1 . 6/22/2011
Yeah! Revieewwww.

I liked the fanfic.

Unlike other stories you have but with the same quality as always. It is very angst but I enjoyed this ShikaTema...

Er... Actually I don't like the poetry so mucho xDD
toodamntroublesome chapter 1 . 6/22/2011
This was just amazing..and sad. But I LOVE it! Keep it up ! :D
Rigilus chapter 1 . 6/22/2011
Honestly, this story was enjoyable. It had a bit of a different taste than some of your others had, but that made it an even better read in a way. I know it has a fine ending here, but I would really like more chapters added on to this alternate-future that could actually take place. Only if the author wants it. Thank you
Fallacy Chan chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
I enjoyed reading it! I typically don't like stories with OCs, but this was well-written. It's a good portrayal of what Shikamaru would be like if he lost everyone. I doubt it would actually happen in canon, but the concept is good.

I wonder who Temari's husband was... And what Shikamaru would have thought if he went to their wedding.