Reviews for The Day the Arms Closed
Anon chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
The Council made the biggest mistake of it's entire existance by making humanity be the underdogs. People work their hardest under pressure, thrive on difficulty and danger. You can't even begin to fathom what a vengeful SA would be capable of doing to the Council races, and now they've cut themselves off. (Medi-Gel, along with thousands of other techs are gone from them now)

And let's not forget the Terminus. Humanity won't just enter those systems. It may very well come to rule them. The Council will be surrounded by Human "Barbarians" like an endless horde of people that are better than them.

In short: The Council is the generic enemy wrestler. The Systems Alliance is Rocky, and 314 was the first movie.
NaturalBornParagon chapter 2 . 7/10/2011
I like where you're going with this - I can't wait to read more and hear more details about this AU.
Drunken Soviet chapter 2 . 7/10/2011
I bet that this is gonna bite the councillors in the ass later on
lsq78 chapter 2 . 7/10/2011
Nice story, very original! It will be interesting to see how humanity will fare as an outcast.
DarkReaver724 chapter 1 . 7/8/2011
Looks very very interesting, really hope you continue it and update it really soon, can't wait to read more soon.
Mr.House chapter 1 . 6/25/2011
Maybe the humans could make contact with another race from a different game, and you could turn it into a crossover? Maybe the Tau from 40k
I Hit Children chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
This is a very interesting idea.

Let's hope the rest will be as good as the beginning. Or better. ;)
Drunken Soviet chapter 1 . 6/22/2011
Oblivion

I agree with you, although I do think that somehow humanity will be able stand up on their own feet and/or build up their military while killing anyone that enters their space (Similar to the geth and the perseus veil).

Also even if earth had a nuclear war, they can still be a pretty powerful military, it just depends on leadership (Although I could be wrong in the case of this fanfic)
Guyman27 chapter 1 . 6/22/2011
Me likes! do more! :D
Inverness chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
Oh, this is very interesting. I look forward to seeing how this goes.
Oblivion chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
Well, that was interesting. Nice alternate timeline. Was the turning point a nuclear war between the United States and the Soviet Union?

I actually highly disagree with the other reviewers. Sorry guys, but membership in the Citadel only made humanity stronger, and without the acceptance that they enjoyed in the primary timeline they're gonna get strangled economically and territorially. No allies, either; the Krogan DMV is actually within Council Space guarded by Turian fleets, and 22nd century humanity would rather shoot itself then willingly ally with a slaving empire (I'm looking at you, Batarians). Not to mention the fact that the Bataerians are still part of the Citadel races in this timeline; they never left because humanity was never ascendant! Plus, because of the nuclear war that irradiated 80% of the Earth's surface, it is implied that humanity is much weaker, and did not have the naval assets to respond to a certain avian race at Shanxi, leading to a cringe-inducing curbstomp in favor of the Turians and many other human colonies being attacked. So no, this is not your oh-so-perfect renegade play through.

So, very nice oneshot. The Mass Effect fandom should do more alternate timeline fics - they're rather interesting.
A random fan chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
that was awesome...Can't wait for more.

I just gotta say this fits with the Council's character...

without the Council's restrictions, the Systems Alliance is going to be alot more powerfull. Not to mention the possibilities of Alliances with the Batarians, Krogans, Quarians, and others...maybee even the geth...
Anonymous User chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
I like this AU. This could be a good start for a true renegade playthrough.

(Let the council die in the battle of the Citadel, maybe?)
Made Nightwing chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
I'd like to see where this goes. Hopefully thirty years later, with the Alliance allying with the krogan and batarians...and then returning to kick the Council's butt.
Vulcanic chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
Great start of what could be a good AU Fanfic, Wonder what will follow. Maybe humanity will create a new alliance? if so, i vote for the use of this name: Union of Independent Species (or UIS in short)

P.S hope you don't make humanity godlike, would prefer it to see them succeed their goals with the help of their allies.
257 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 14 15 16 17 18 Next »