Reviews for The Day the Arms Closed
EffervescentNova chapter 1 . 4/6/2014
I understand changing humanity's entrance into Citadel space, but why have you nuked 80% of Earth? It makes it incredible that humanity even made it off Earth at all. Almost unbelievable. Why haven't they reclaimed it, the technology existed in the ME universe to my memory.
KingLoitl chapter 13 . 3/23/2014
update please!
ProfFartBurger chapter 2 . 3/18/2014
Two chapters in and I'm enraptured.
Three things have me hooked on this story: Humanity's history, The Citadel's decision to *ban* Humankind from their territory, and the title.
All three of these things suggest something to me, something I sincerely hope I'll see play out right: An insurgency aboard the Citadel, so dark, so destructive and so *angry*, that the Arms Close and the Citadel must isolate itself.

Welcome to the Galaxy, Humans.
And welcome to Humans, Galaxy.
Ecomadness chapter 13 . 1/24/2014
Ah this finally makes sense now I was wondering what was going on with the alliance. Can't wait for more keep up the good work.
TheBleachDoctor chapter 13 . 1/14/2014
That was depressing.
JonHarper chapter 13 . 1/11/2014
This is bleak, horrible and just downright depressing. Like that B5 AU where Earth got Vaporized by the Minbari and all Earth had left was a shitty colony. Similar theme here. I see no silver lining, no hope for the future...no nothing. Just death, rampant violence and things getting bleaker. You're a good writer but this story is just too fucking depressing for me.
JonHarper chapter 3 . 1/11/2014
Dude, this shit is depressing. Things had better start getting better soon or I may be tempted file this under 'too much angst'. Still...it's very well written.
Guest chapter 13 . 1/9/2014
honestly its a well written bore
darkerego chapter 13 . 1/8/2014
As a student myself, grades come first. But it is always good to see more of this story. I wonder what Kreiger's true intentions are.
Lord Sia chapter 13 . 1/5/2014
Like the story, but I have to echo the sentiments of some of the others - nuclear weapons do not spontaneously trigger. Think of them less as "bombs waiting to go off" and more like "delicate machines designed to create a runaway nuclear chain reaction".

I'd rather have the fallout as a consequence of the space battles, as in destroyed ships and their fission or fusion reactors falling into the atmosphere. Or, more ships having the "antiquated" weapons, and using them liberally. Kinetic barriers aren't very good against the nuclear explosions, which are more than 50% radiation of various kinds, and proximity detonated nukes - even relatively small ones - are still plenty horrible.
cazertanu chapter 6 . 1/3/2014
So how many "Staff Commander Riker" are active at a time?
ijpowers92 chapter 13 . 1/2/2014
wow. well, I'm looking forward to seeing future updates to this fic. I like it a lot and its really believable in a lot of ways.
Dahasmaga chapter 13 . 1/1/2014
Wow. This is an amazing divergence, The first few chapters are amazing. The latter few seem to have lost momentum, but I look forward to the rest of the story.
BigWilly526 chapter 13 . 1/1/2014
very good as always, cant wait for more
Ferdiad chapter 13 . 12/31/2013
Not seeing how SA could support any war efforts without Earth.
257 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »