Reviews for All the World's a Stage
JonBob0008 chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
That was overall an excellent piece of poetry and character analysis. I enjoyed reading all of it. Again, you show that you have a gift that few of us can compete with.

One minor criticism comes from there being a few sentences that should be been split into separated with a period or semi-colon. Here's an example:

"Guile and aloofness are his favourite tools, he's come to know both of them quite well." A semi-colon in the middle would be perfect there.

Other than that, great job! I look forward to your future works.
Broken Kilter Express chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
I appreciate the chance to help you improve your work, and as always, the offer is on the table again in the future. I do apologize for holding it up, but I see that the quality of this has benefited from that. Good show.
Durandall chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
...I get more than a hint of kyoniism from this one (and, as I'm starting to realize I'm probably one of the largest Kyon-fanboys anywhere): I approve!

I've seen a lot of these little introspective pieces; I usually pass them off as drabble, but then I recalled who you were and read it anyway. Frequently, the authors of these pieces strain them by deciding to twist a characterization or a motive to surprise the reader - the fact that you didn't makes me appreciate this a lot more.

Koizumi needs his mask to know who he is, Mikuru knows that she gets her job done without understanding how or why, Yuki is willing to accept that she can't know everything and it can surprise her, so she's fine with that...

Haruhi's hard to write, and I think you did a good enough job - but I confess I cringe that you didn't give her many traits identifiable as 'human' without her masks. She's just raw potential - I think you probably want to define that a little more, even if it's just a vague leaning. I see that she might be amused by Kyon's analysis of who she is, but there's no thoughts for the brigade or anything else. Not that she doesn't have her moments, but she's more than just an elemental force at this point ... isn't she?

Or maybe that's really just me, and what you're writing is totally fine.

Anyway. Kyon's segment was great.

I enjoyed it! I didn't see any technical details that stuck with me; thanks for sharing. :)
superstarultra chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
Very beautiful and intricate piece of work that you created here, Greg. Excellent read and an interesting analysis of some of our favorite characters.

Best parts that stood out to me here had to be any time the subject of masks came up. The comparisons to them and the characters involved fit very well with their jobs and personalities. I'd try and pick out who's section I like the most, but I'm pretty sure I liked them all equally. Each one was just as well-written and deep as the one before and after it.

Again, this was a very wonderful contribution to the archives here. Glad you could post it up for us to enjoy. Wish you well in any more future works of yours.