Reviews for Sunsets On Nettle Hill
obsessive360 chapter 14 . 7/7
I saw how long it had been since this story had been updated, but I gave it a chance anyway. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I hope for more!

P.S. Septimus was the only one of the princes that I was sad to see die in the movie, so stories like this make me happy! :D
DaCloak chapter 14 . 5/8
Please update. Don't let such a wonderful piece of writing go unfinished.
This is a wonderful Story! Please Continue and finish this fantastic thing. In Love your Reader
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! You have to finish! Blargh!
Tiryn chapter 14 . 7/17/2014
... Did you know it's been about two years since you've updated this? TWO. YEARS! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU WOULD LEAVE ALL OF US HANGING WITH SUCH A WONDERFUL AND BEAUTIFUL CHAPTER AS THAT IN AN EQUALLY WONDERFUL AND BEAUTIFUL STORY!

Hopefully, you'll recognize the compliments U

Yes, I love it, though I wish for more chapters... By the way, is Septimus going to die as in the original movie or not?

Please update soon! I would love to see more :)
lotrlover23 chapter 14 . 7/2/2014
I'm absolutely in love with this story! Emmeline is relatable and not clich├ęd as many OCs are unfortunately written, and Septimus is as complicated as he should be. Well done! I certainly hope you plan to continue.
Rosario chapter 14 . 4/21/2014
Update please!
xXMoonlitSorrowsXx chapter 14 . 2/25/2014
I like this story. Never read a Septimus/OC before and I'm enjoying it so far. I know its been a long while since you've last updated but please don't give up on this story.
It's-A-Passion chapter 14 . 2/6/2014
Hey!

First off, I absolutely adore what you've done with this story! Honestly, I loved reading every single word of it and I'm so happy I stumbled across it, purely by chance. Admittedly, I had it open in a tab on my laptop for days before I actually got around to reading it, but it was straight after a bunch of other stories that hadn't really got my attention - so I was happy when I finally found one that did. I was so excited to read more that I stayed up as late as my eyes could handle to read more of it, and was disappointed to find there weren't more chapters!

Second, your writing is wonderful - I love that it isn't overloaded with detail, nor is it so sparse in detail that I have no clue what's happening or where they are - I think you've struck a perfect balance between the two so that it's fast paced and action-packed and absolutely so much fun to read. I think you've captured the setting of the movie perfectly.

Third, Emmeline. I love her. She's awesome. But mostly, I love that's she's believable - I love that she reacts to things in a way that isn't like she's perfect, and is instead human. I like that she's so stubborn and headstrong, and isn't afraid to fight with her father when she's wrong. But the most telling thing that makes her so great and believable and understandable, I think, is the way she reacts to Arnyd - the way that, even though she's clearly fantastic with a sword (which is also so cool, by the way) and is tough and strong and all that, when she sees Arnyd, it brings her back to five years ago when she wasn't so awesome with a sword. Where she's afraid of him, and guilty all at the same time. Particularly the guilt - even though it makes no sense for her to feel that way, it also does, in a way. So yeah, I think Em is pretty cool. :)

Fourth, Septimus. I think the way you've written him is fantastic. He doesn't shy away from things he's done, and he most certainly keeps his badass, "Dark Prince" side, but we also get to see a slightly softer side to him when he's with Em, that makes complete sense from the way you've written. And it's not done awfully either, like with some stories where it's done in a way that doesn't make sense because the evil character is all of a sudden being a softie. The build up to it in your story is perfect and makes sense, and I loved reading it! I adore reading the interactions between Septimus and Em, and the way they tease each other, and how she gives retorts even though he's a prince.

In the beginning, their burgeoning friendship (which was really more respect for each other's skills at swordplay than anything else) made sense, and now the start of a deeper, more emotional relationship is perfect!

Fifth, the other characters. I love Neal and Merrin. They're so amusing to read, and i'm really glad Neal's gotten a more prominent role lately. I love how Merrin is all gossipy and interested in Em's relationship with Septimus, even if she's not entirely sure about him. I think all the other characters are great as well, with clearly defined personalities and ways of speaking that you keep consistent through the chapters.

Sixth, the plot. I love that this isn't set through the movie. I love that it's set before the movie, where we can see more of Septimus before all that. I think it's a fantastically different path you've taken, and I adore what you've done with it.

I can't wait to read more, and I hope you update soon! Keep up the great work! :D
440girl chapter 14 . 9/15/2013
So... You should finish this! Stardust is one of my favorite movies!
hyacinth26 chapter 14 . 5/5/2013
I rewatched Stardust recently, and was pleasantly surprised to find such a well-written fic about Septimus. I've enjoyed reading what you have posted. I certainly hope you feel inspired to return to it again. Cheers!
Poptate chapter 14 . 5/3/2013
Just stumbled across this story. It is brilliant. I loved Septimus and this story truly does him justice, I think. Can't wait to read more. If you ever get a chance to update, I would love to read it.
Ceville chapter 14 . 4/30/2013
I am LOVING this story. It's just.. I can't even put it into words.
There are too many feels, and I just adore it, and I really, REALLY wanna know what happens next.
;A;

Please update soon! :3
Marilyn chapter 14 . 3/21/2013
I have enjoyed reading about Septimus/Emmeline immensley, but I didn't realize that this fan fic is incomplete. I was so looking foward to seeing what happens in the story. Will you be finishing it? I'm crossing my fingers that your answer will be yes.
ThatNerdyGirl11 chapter 4 . 3/3/2013
I really liked the scene with all 4 brothers you should do more of them. Very entertaing. ;)