Reviews for Sunsets On Nettle Hill
Mopargirl1 chapter 1 . 8/30
I know there is probably no hope of you finishing this story, but please do. I've read it two or three times now and every now and then I just come check! Anyway, I was hoping an encouraging word might give you some inspiration!
The Dark One Rising chapter 14 . 1/1
I don't have much hope for this ever being touched again. You haven't added anything to your favorites list to indicate that you might still be reading, if not writing. You seem to have disappeared from FFN.

It's a shame, really. I normally dislike OCs. I find most of them shallow and trite, perhaps overly dramatic and unsympathetic. I really liked Emmaline, though. I also don't think you did poorly with Septimus' characterization. I can't say much for the other Prices, since we really don't see much of them, except Primus. While a bit predictable, I certainly enjoyed reading this.
The Dark One Rising chapter 13 . 1/1
All of this was very intense. The initial conversation between Emmaline and Septimus especially so. That ending would count, as well. I only realized what happened until Dall started hinting that something bad had happened. Got that gold feeling in my gut. It's a wonder he didn't just collapse after he heard that Emmaline had been seeing the most dreaded Prince.
The Dark One Rising chapter 12 . 1/1
The King isn't an idiot. Hopefully, he'll just think Septimus was being antisocial and won't dig around. If he does, results will likely come to him where they do not grave Secundus. I don't know what he would do if he knew about Emmeline and the regard Septimus has for her. I don't think it would be anything good.
The Dark One Rising chapter 11 . 1/1
The other shoe has dropped. The cat has been run through with a sword and dragged out of the bag. Just when is this in relation to the events of Stardust? I would guess only about a year or so before it.
The Dark One Rising chapter 10 . 1/1
Those two have been carrying out their dance for quite some time. So far, the have been light on their feat. Things are starting to get a bit charged, now. A shift in the music? A change in tempo? Perhaps a crescendo.
The Dark One Rising chapter 9 . 1/1
How muh before the king's death is this? Septimus dies shortly after that. Unless some drastic change happens, I see this ending only on tragedy. Then again. Maybe sparring practice will have him quick enough on his feet that he'll survive.
The Dark One Rising chapter 8 . 1/1
"Lazy bugger but a perfectionist". Hello, comrade. In other news, that was very enjoyable. Now, let's see how long it takes Septimus to realize that he is similarly affecred by Emmaline. He's realized that he does not like to see her upset or hurt, that he would not like one of his brothers touching her, that he finds her fierce and intelligent. However, he has not yet connected all of those dots into the thing we call "attraction".
The Dark One Rising chapter 7 . 1/1
Is Dall going to suspiciously die, one of these days? Not so suspiciously, actually. It would probably be an "accident". Or is he going to reconcile? I can't imagine that.
The Dark One Rising chapter 6 . 1/1
Not as bad as I thought. Horrible, yes. Not as bad, though. I was thinking rape and conception, then miscarriage or abortion. So, not quite so bad.
The Dark One Rising chapter 5 . 1/1
You are merely hinting at the backstory to her departure. I'd love to hear more about why Emmeline left. I have a feeling that won't happen until she tells the tale to Spetimus.
The Dark One Rising chapter 4 . 1/1
That family is so very messed up. They're delightful. It's a wonder that Tertius managed to survive as long as he had. What of Prinus, though? He seems too much a lover of peace to last long. The others, I suppose, were killed becuase of their age. Did they die young? Of the younger siblings, Septimus had been the only one to outlive he king. That certainly says something.
The Dark One Rising chapter 3 . 1/1
I hadn't noticed the spurs when I first watched the movie. I'm sorry to have missed them. Wonderful things, really. I got treated to about three dozen photos of Mark Strong in an effort to find them. Not that that's a bad thing.
The Dark One Rising chapter 2 . 1/1
You've certainly got the exotic names thing down. I can't quite figure out how oils Una is supposed to be. First born daughter. She seemed young in the movies. I would have pegged her at mid to late thirties, maybe early forties. Dunstan didn't age as well as she did. Seventeen years (eighteen in the movie) had passed since the conception of Tristran.

Movie Septimus appeared around the same age, maybe a bit older than Una. In comparrison, some of he brothers looked older. I would have said that Primus looked to be about fifty.

Movie adaptations aren't always the best source of reference material.
The Dark One Rising chapter 1 . 12/31/2015
Mark Strong in a wig is attractive, I suppose. He has that tall, dark and handsome thing going for him, in his Stardust getup. He's not bad looking, in general. I just keep telling myself that this is forty-something Mark Strong in a wig. Sounds rather ridiculous when I put it like that.