Reviews for Rise of the Dark Tamer and Fox
JohnC.ofMars chapter 9 . 6/27/2011
That was, um, yeah. I don't even know where to begin. You're delving into a place I don't think you'll be able to come back from. You know where I stand so I won't say much more. It was an ok chapter. Keep them coming. If we only see you once a week that's cool. Most people don't expect a fresh update every day. Good luck on everything.
whitedorumon chapter 8 . 6/27/2011
Hey not bad, A few spelling errors but other than that its not a bad story at all through... Rika seems highly out-of-character. but i can live with a few tiny errors so keep it up
JohnC.ofMars chapter 8 . 6/26/2011
I'll just review the last two chapters at once. The major thing is introducing Yamaki. I have to say both he and Impmon are slightly off in terms of personalities. Yamaki is a government spook. I'd think he'd put up more a fight than just let some kid beat him. Impmon kind of has a thing for Renamon, but he just seemed insulting now. Maybe he's just in to yellow. Your fight scenes are good, but need more detail. I understand you're trying to make a man a cut above the rest, but this is just a farm kid who can take out five Hypnos agents. seeing as the middle aged Janyu Wong and Shibumi both did similar things in the show this is plausible, but I feel like you're forcing it. Some explanation is needed as to how Delfim is so tough. The relationships are getting interesting. Delfim and Br and Rika and IceDevimon are both well done, but I worry that you may be charting romantic territory for which there is no going back. Also if the story has progressed through months the devas should be showing up soon. I'd say that's a good enough rant. Hope you had a good birthday. Peace out and keep updating.
DigitalEmperor001 chapter 8 . 6/26/2011
Please finish the next chapter(s).
renamonreborn chapter 5 . 6/25/2011
good story. i am loving it, and keep up the good work. dont torment Laureleene with the word (i am a renamon writer afterall)
Deathbyheadshot chapter 6 . 6/24/2011
Happy Birthday to ya! Looks like things are to a slow start between Delfim & BR. Also seeing that his brother was the other tamer you talked about could be intertaing in up coming chapers. All in all nice chapter, im not going to leave a huge rant like the other reviewer but he does have some good points in it. seems like he looks into things way more than I do lol.
JohnC.ofMars chapter 6 . 6/24/2011
good chapter, but there are a few things I need to bring up. First of all let me say that bringing another tamer in could be interestting. Reaching for something familiar and going with dorumon is a good choice. My one concern is that your story might become too crowded with original characters and leave no space for the old ones. There have been few if any scenes that express the view or opinions of the other tamers. This one doesn't include them at all. I can't blame you for having delfim take center stage seeing as the title is rise of the dark tamer and fox, but remember the other characters too. Also I'm sensing that you might be taking the BR-Delfim relationship to a somewhat romantic level. Tread cautiously for there be monster there. It can be done, but I've seen many a good fic die because they went down that road. look up callsign rook and see that after a chapter on the same subject he hasn't updated in ages. Then you get into the whole do digimon have genitalia thing. Just tread cautiously. Oh and happy birthday. good chapter.
JohnC.ofMars chapter 5 . 6/23/2011
Not a bad chapter. I like that your grossy overpowered combos finally got countered. A man that stands for his digimon is good too. In all fairness the lack of deviation for Renamon's evolution is probably for the best, if not uninspired. Your grammer is a tad off, but nothing too and as for writing a second fic I say good for you. Hell I've focused on the same one for almost a year and it really fucks with your head after a while. I'll try and check that one out too, if something I'm interested in. Keep up the good work. Oh and you have two reviewers now. You're on your way up.
Deathbyheadshot chapter 4 . 6/23/2011
Just got done reading what ya got done so far. took a look at the guy reviewing altho he coverd the things I was going to comment on and more. The other things i saw was just a couple spelling errors in the first two chapters. and one sentance that was missing a word in it. otherwise hopfully the story doesnt die. its great to get a good read in while i have nothing to do for flood duty for the Air National Guard. also like how you created yourself in a story, and the start and ending comments from you and your digimon. Altho i can't see where you pulled the name you gave Renamon from. never hurd a name like that before. Keep the chapters comming _
JohnC.ofMars chapter 4 . 6/22/2011
you've got a good pace going, but you'll grt tired eventually if you keep pumping um out like this. Not bad, but the combo was a bit overpowered. I mean the cards helped in the show, but they weren't that impressive. It's weird to think of the group still hanging with Rika and Icedevimon. I'd think Takato would be trying like mad to get Rika to change her mind. Also putting Renamon in a dress even for the opening banter is just cruel. That's wrong, man. One final thing: push the button!
JohnC.ofMars chapter 3 . 6/22/2011
I've read both chapters so let's just call this a review on both. First and foremost your second chapter was a vast improvement on the first. It dealt with the family unit better and worked on showing assorted personalities more than just saying what they are. It all seems to work better. Without Renamon being one of the main partners of the group it'll be interesting to see how the show progresses diferently. You might be on to something here. Now onto the personal treatment. Let me say I appreciate it immensely because I too have an ego as big as a house. That said you could always respond with a personal message and save your chapter space for chapters. The whole 'god of my story' thing tells me I have a kindred spirit out there in writer land. Oh and despite your first chapter the main character doesn't seem so evil like how you described him now. Taking Rika down a peg or two is going to be tough. She's one of the best and her ego never quits either. Best of luck. Keep it up.
JohnC.ofMars chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
The characters aren't fleshed out that much, but it is only the first chapter. Renamon and Rika have had spats in the past without a dark digivolution, but this does seem different. Also tell BR that digimon don't get names. They're digimon. Including a version of yourself in here seems ego driven, but I'm not really on firm ground to judge there. A good first start, but your main character needs more background. He feels incomplete without you trying to make him so. Oh and Renamon can't kill Rika. It's one of the token rules of tamers. Thou shalt not kill the Nonaka. Other than that keep going. I look forward to a new chapter.
177 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12