Reviews for Sniper
Perun Lock chapter 1 . 4/28/2013
Nice. Any chance of an extension?
Hawki chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
At the least, I feel this oneshot deserves points for concept, how a story can be told in a universe that doesn’t necessarily match the norm for the canon stories told in said universe – in ‘Ace Combat’s case, stories told don’t always have to be from the POVs of fighter pilots (or helicopter pilots I guess).

Concerning how the idea itself is executed though…good things, and bad things (“nah, really?”)*. On one hand, I like how the sniper’s thoughts are interwoven in with the narrative via the short lines. On the other, it starts off being italicized, then stops. This is partly a nitpick, but it does hinder readability when the writing style suddenly changes. On one hand, they serve to distinguish themselves from the narrative in that they’re in present tense while the regular writing is in past tense. On the other, the fic breaks into present tense with its regular narrative near the end, which again lessens the impact. On one hand, many Erusian names are thrown around, which would go against my instincts on general principle. On the other, it does add to the impact of the story by the sniper remaining nameless, yet also the protagonist.

So yeah. My lack of additional arms aside, at the end of the day, I think this is a good fic overall. Not only does it deserve props for concept, but it’s an interesting writing style you’ve utilized, and for the most part, it pays off. However, some more proofreading could have removed many of the gripes I have with it.

*That’s the part of my brain reserved for snark talking. Like a tumour, but detrimental to others rather than myself.
dudeaga chapter 1 . 9/2/2011
I like the personality of the Eursian soldiers. It perfectly fits the propoganda they would be spreading. The description of where the general's brains go are very reminding of that one clip of a reporters head exploding. UNECESSARY GORE FTW!
Mercenary Flyer chapter 1 . 7/1/2011
Pretty cool. Just wish your little one-shots were a bit longer.
Bloodmark Mentor chapter 1 . 6/22/2011
Well you certainty haven't gotten rusty. However brief this story was it certainly immersed me for the time being. With one-shot fics it can't hurt to add a little more, though. Like really add more details and suspense, especially with a story like this. But regardless, I liked it D

-Bloodmark Mentor
admljmc8492 chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
it sorta reminded me of call of duty 4 when the main player assinates imran zahkaev (i think thats how it's spelled.) anyway, good to see a another ace combat masterpiece. You should write more ace combat stuff. I find them to utmost interesting. and i accept your peace offering.