Reviews for there was someone i knew, long ago
harperr chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
i honestly don't believe in fluff for this couple. this wonderful angsty, tragic stuff is what i love. this kind of story is why i ship draco/luna. just a super stellar job. so well written. rightfully heartbearking.
HerMindIsElseWhere chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
I love the way you write. At some parts it was a little hard to follow, but that just made me want to read it over and over. Draco was perfect. I love the line about poetry especially[:
dog teeth chapter 1 . 7/21/2011
this is absolutely amazing. honestly, i adore it. i love this pairing (although i think i like harry/luna just a smidge more - don't shoot, lol) and your writing is honestly incredible. you have such an...interesting style, to say the least, different from anything else i've really ever read on this site. that's a good thing. you paint such vivid pictures with your words and it's lovely, really.

so, amazing job, and why the hell aren't you on my favorite authors list yet?
turtleducklings chapter 1 . 7/12/2011
Hnnngahh.

So this was basically incredible.

[he remembers – back when voldemort was still alive and blood truly mattered – the way her hair flew in the winter breeze as she ran to hogsmeade. the snow and her skin – he thinks this is the day he became sad.

not sad. weaker – draco malfoy could not be weak – weak were those mudbloods crying out their pleas as they were locked up like pigs in a pen. their hands were dirty – sometimes he could find traces of grime under his fingernails. he never knew where they came from, but he cleaned them every night.]

This paints such a beautiful picture. This whole piece did. It really was like you drew this beautiful, detailed picture with the minimal amount of words, and it was so gorgeous.

Fantastic job. Honestly.

-Dom
coffee-stained lips chapter 1 . 6/26/2011
i'm shocked this doesn't have a review yet. so allow me to be the first.

i enjoy these two too, and the way you write them is marvelous - draco's reluctance to be with her, but also to be without, is portayed magnificently well, and i love the line where he says he sees a slytherin in his bed instead - why, i don't know, but i do.

the little tidbit of astoria was great too, how it says she's pretty but not in the eyes. it never mentions luna in that paragraph but you can feel her in him as you read it. ugh, this is AWESOME.

(also, regarding your review regarding my review regarding your review [what...?], thanks again, and yes, i do find you distinguished because you're so great and have so much more expierience. it lightened up my day to see that review in my inbox, and i have to thank you so much again. and with that said, i will now stop being overbearing and slink back to my little corner...)