Reviews for What We Must
Ariz0na-Sky chapter 20 . 10/17/2013
This is a great fic! I can't wait to read more of what you'll come up with! Great job!
Guest chapter 20 . 8/25/2013
AHHHH there is so much to love in this chapter. The conversation with Sten is perfect, and then we meet Naoise, and I'm already most of the way in love with her. Oh PLEASE say Lorelei will be able to discover a way to reverse tranquility. *bats eyelashes fetchingly* ;) And, of course, THE FIRST KISS! It was so adorkably perfect - they're both so cute and so clumsy, and yet it was so perfect. I can hardly wait to see what will happen now that they're splitting up and going in two separate directions. It's a bit scary, actually, although I think Lorelei's logic behind doing it is sound.
Guest chapter 19 . 8/25/2013
Great chapter! I love the action in the first half, and then the revelations about the Chantry, and the Circle (and the Aeonar) are wonderful! Your vision of the Chantry is so dark and horrible, even more so than in canon, and I love that! I also really love watching Jowan's development in this chapter, and keeping an eye on Levi, and how he will respond to some of the things that have happened earlier in the story. So far, he's not really stepping up to the challenge, but only time will tell, I suppose. 3
Judy chapter 20 . 8/23/2013
Great story
fakerie chapter 20 . 8/22/2013
Hi, wandered my way over here from tumblr and I'm just crazy about this story. Can't wait for another update! :)
Arsinoe de Blassenville chapter 20 . 8/22/2013
The meeting and reaffirmation of friendship with Naoise was very moving. I'm looking forward to seeing how the adventures below work out with their new Wardens.
Arsinoe de Blassenville chapter 19 . 4/15/2013
That was pretty darned horrific. The conduct of the haughty Templars is understandable, if inhuman and inexcusable. The conduct of the Orlesian Wardens is abominable and vomit-inducing. Of course, it really does fit in with the behavior of all WArdens outside Ferelden in canon. In DAO, they leave Ferelden to be destroyed, in DAA, they give minimal help, and when the Orlesian Wardens are killed in a surprisingly effective attack (thus destroying their chances of taking over Amaranthine), the Ferelden never get anything but a treasurer, AND if Loghain is a Warden, they demand he go to Orlais, just as the ARchitect is attacking and the WArdens are but a handful. In DA2 they are absolute swine. Carver finds a home with them, but Bethany loathes them. There might be good reasons and a story there. I think just about anything is possible.
KrystylSky chapter 19 . 4/14/2013
Utterly fantastic update!
Arsinoe de Blassenville chapter 18 . 2/8/2013
Sorry for the delay in reviewing. I liked the chapter very much: so much that I reread the story up to this point. I thought Lorelei had many interesting things to say to Levi about his ambitions and on the subject of nobles and nobility. Yes-what did he think would happen, after two hundred years? Did he imagine that his families' lands would be restored, after dispossessing the current owner? Would he be prepared to take his place in the Landsmeet?

And it simply would not matter if Sophia had been pure as the driven snow. But she was not: she was even worse that the stories indicated.

Interesting conversation with Chani about Chantry matters. I will bet any amount of money that the Rite of Tranquility has been used on non-mages. For that matter, since I think of magic as a sliding scale, the whole Rite is a slippery slope anyway.

And this was pure Sten: "One might find that sense— and true civilization— is to be found only to the far North,"

Considering that everythin I hear about Qunari civilization makes me cringe, that's a frightening thought!
Herebedragons66 chapter 18 . 2/4/2013
A lovely chapter! So many wonderful character interactions, and I love to watch the relationships between this bunch develop. In particular, Kallian's rant at Levi was BRILLIANT, and she's also spot-on in her assessment of him, and of the nobility in general. And Chani. I love Chani! She's adorable and wild and unpredictable and it's so much fun when she appears. I would like to learn more about what she knows of Flemeth (and what she has sensed about Lorelei, as well). And her "duel" with Sten was priceless.
D-Ro2593 chapter 17 . 1/23/2013
Brilliant. Simply brilliant.

I read this from beginning to end over the last two days or so and I am utterly entranced. You threw us into the thick of everything at the beginning with no real explanations as to who anyone was but once that initial confusion was gone for me I found something truly wonderful in this. Lorelei, in particular, is a true gem of an OC. The progression of her character has been well done and your take on a 'Victory at Ostagar' with multiple Wardens (definitely referencing that other great story) is unique and very believable. I can't wait for the next update!
Herebedragons66 chapter 17 . 12/30/2012
YAY! This is a wonderful chapter! So many thoughts, let me try and go in order. I love how Jowan is developing in your story. Starting to assert himself more (and whine a bit less :D, well, hopefully), and the comment about how he would likely have been a scribe after being made tranquil is chilling, as are so many of the details - sometimes just offhand comments - you have included about your vision of the Circles, and just how horrible the system really is.

Avernus' laboratory is wonderfully gruesome, and Alistair's concern for Lorelei is touching (and his insistence on coming with her). I love the lighthouse (and the idea of beacons across the land), and the conversation they have about Harrowings, and how the mages who fail aren't necessarily the ones who couldn't resist the demons . . . really powerful. Again, you're painting a very bleak picture of the Circles (one I think is easily reconciled with canon).

As I love the conversation with Kali. Also, I am really pleased and honored to give what beta advice I have been able to give. Reading your story is a pleasure, and it's fun for me to get sneak peeks before anyone else gets to see it! :)
Arsinoe de Blassenville chapter 17 . 12/26/2012
Oh, the "guest review" was me. I really am looking forward to finding out where you'll go with this.
Guest chapter 17 . 12/26/2012
I'm so glad to read a new chapter of this story! A very interesting, persuasive view of SP. Your characters are quite wonderful and very vivid. I do so enjoy the mix-especially with WArden!Sten. Yes, there are many things that Warren will not wish to share with Loghain, but there is real teamwork there, too-important with the possible assaults from outside their borders.

One good thing is that Ferelden itself is united. There are no other plausible claimants to the throne, and there is a little heir whose birthright is unquestioned. I do hope to read more soon-and find out what became of Eamon, Teagan, and if Anora is sovereign or regent!
Judy chapter 17 . 12/25/2012
Thank you for the udate. It is of course excellent and worth the wait!