Reviews for Threads of gold
Anonymous chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
It's Rumpelstiltsken(I forgot how to spell it)xD
Happiness Sunshine and Gum chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
It can't be a one-shot because i don't know what the lady wanted!

What did she want from Rin?

T_T I'll never know!
spinkella chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa~~

That was awesome! :D

Although I still wish they REALLY kissed in the end, it was great! 3

I don't think any extension is necessary, since I would not like to see anymore devil Luka. :3 I'm so protective ~

Overall, I'm contented. A lot. :)

Your writing is so exciting! C:

I hope you make some new one-shots soon ~
SimplisticDreams chapter 1 . 7/9/2011
I LOVED this! Even if this writing style seemed different to you, I didn't get any sense of awkwardness at all! It was wonderfully written! I was automatically hooked and I sincerely hope you decide to continue this no matter how long it takes. :)
SilveringBlue chapter 1 . 6/30/2011
Hello again, Medusa Q! Thank you for requesting a review from Critics United.

Overall, this was a very sweet, beautiful fairy tale-style story. I truly enjoyed the way that you took elements from Rumpelstiltskin, Sleeping Beauty, and other classic fairy tales and combined them into a seamless whole. I felt that cursing of Len was the weak link in the plot, though. Because the king was set up as cold and heartless throughout the beginning, I thought it was a bit strange that Meiko would choose to curse his son to punish him, rather than doing something direct like reducing the king himself to beggary. In fairy tales, there's almost always an element of poetic justice (punishment fits the crime), which I feel it would strengthen your story to include. Right now, it feels like just a convenient point to set up Rin and Len's kiss later on. (Which, by the way, was completely adorable. I admit it, I have a weakness for Rin/Len. .)

I think the best way to strengthen that plot point would be to give the king a weakness for his son, so that the witch knew that she would hurt him the most through his son. It could be love ("he only opened his stone heart to one person in the world", and son on), or it could be his passionate desire for an heir to carry on his throne, or it could be any other reason. Then, you could echo that motivation by having Meiko say something like, "See how it feels to be deprived yourself!" And finally, provide some character growth for the king in the end to show that this curse changed his heart at least a little. This will really round out your story and bring it to a satisfying end in true fairytale style.

To move on to a different subject, I also enjoyed your writing style. You wrote in a beautiful high style that lent to the atmosphere well. I would like to advise you on a couple of grammatical and stylistic points, just so that they don't detract from your style.

-When writing dialogue, the dialogue tags (he said, the king told her, she yelled, and so on) should not be capitalized.

Incorrect: "Oh why, oh why!" She cried out in between sobs.

Corrected: "Oh why, oh why!" she cried out in between sobs.

The only time you should capitalize the word after dialogue is when the next sentence doesn't have to do with how the words are said.

Example: "Stupid." Meiko shook her head.

-Be careful with your dashes. I tend to do this too. The more dashes, the more informal and somewhat sloppy your work sounds. In a setting like this, you want to avoid dashes when possible to give your sentences a more beautiful and flowing feel.

-Also, watch out for awkward word usages. " Her crimson nails extended until it became as long as a nail," was a bit odd and redundant, and 'mortification' means embarrassment. (Perhaps you meant 'petrification' or 'terror'? :P) This is really common, especially if you write quickly or don't go back over your draft after letting it sit for long enough that you can see where you made mistakes. I really recommend reading your work aloud. I do it every time, and I catch so many mistakes that I had no clue I'd made.

These are a bit nitpicky, but I think it will help your flow. Other than what I mentioned, I really did enjoy this story. It was well-written, clever in its use of Vocaloid characters, and classic without being maudlin or pushing the M rating, which is what a lot of romance fics tend to do. I'm adding this story to my favorites so that I can read it again when I want a bit of good, light romance. :)

~SilveringBlue of Critics United
ScuttleFish chapter 1 . 6/24/2011
This was cuuttee! I think it should be a two-shot.

I liked the mix of Sleeping Beauty and Rumpelstiltskin! 3 I personally think there's a bit of Beauty and the Beast, since the king was cruel what what was supposed to be a "worthless woman" but it turned out to be a witch or enchantress in disguise.
Evil-Chibi-Tiffy chapter 1 . 6/24/2011
Awesome Nd well written! Can't wait for more! :D
Evil-Chibi-Tiffy chapter 1 . 6/24/2011
Awesome Nd well written! Can't wait for more! :D
DaRKaIsTAr chapter 1 . 6/24/2011
!

How on earth did you MANAGE to write in such a genuine fairy-taleish manner without coming off as awkward? *bows down in worship* From now on, I shall address you as Medusa-sama.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
i liked it! and i would love it if you made it a twoshot! :D
Oceannyan chapter 1 . 6/22/2011
TWOSHOT. We need to know the deal - we need something heartbreaking.

... maybe.

I love you.

Oops.

It was cute. Very cute. Evil Neru is evil.

Though, I'll be honest, I prefer your writing in more modern or school-related stories. Somehow, I'm insane for them.

And RinxLen is my guilty pleasure.
pohkeemawn chapter 1 . 6/22/2011
This story is AMAZING! I loved how it was a mix of Sleeping Beauty and Rumpelstiltskin. Please make it a twoshot! I'm sure that many readers, including myself, are dying to know what happens next.
VocaloidSinger chapter 1 . 6/22/2011
This was such an amazing story

PLEASE MAKE IT A TWOSHOT!

i want to see what happens to Rinny D:
Kiyutsuna chapter 1 . 6/22/2011
Kyaa

I literally squealed with joy when i saw my name on the dedication list XD Lol, thank you!

and omg I loved how you described Len in the story! *Dreamy sigh* He really is an angel sent down to earth ne... *goes into fangirl mode*

And i could just hear Meiko's mad cackles when I was reading that part! It was so epic...and vivid 3

You should definately finish the story off! the ending was really amazing but what about the pink woman (Luka right?)'s curse?

You're such an amazing author~ I shall follow your stories forever! 8D *Huggles*
CluelessLeaf chapter 1 . 6/22/2011
I totally love this! I don't mind it being a oneshot, but I wouldn't mind if it's a twoshot either!

Yippy~ Fairtales! I loved them when I was a kid, and now, the remake with our favourite characters! Another "Yippy~"!