Reviews for The Spatula Test: The Lost Lemon
Tentai.t chapter 2 . 1/11/2014
Excuse me while i wipe the slobber off my computer...
angellovsyaoi chapter 3 . 10/11/2013
*squeels* i loved iiittttttt!
Tentai.t chapter 3 . 10/1/2013
Sensei, this is soooo awesome for a first lemon. I had still my beating heart and remember to breathe. Thank you for your pm. I saw it first thing this am!
SlythClover chapter 3 . 5/10/2013
This was your FIRST lemon ?

Geez, I was so shy while writing sex scenes myself, these were quite short and hasty. But yours are perfect ! We could feel the love between the two men so intensely...

About Akihiko, I'm still aghast how he can be such a brilliant writer and be such an uninspired yaoi novelist at the same time (I'm speaking about the series, here, not your fanfic !). I mean, he barely changes the place names, he uses exactely the same characters and descrribes them the same way. He is only original in his way of making Hiro spat the truth and in daring writing so many embarassing scenes. xD

Though I have to admit that it leads to pretty humorous situations...Such as this conclusion.

And by the way, nicely done with the slight Sekai Itchi Hatsukoi crossover ! Yukina is a bit like Nowaki in his straightforward attitude and his natural gift for seducing everybody around him.
SlythClover chapter 2 . 5/10/2013
I'm stunned. Breathless. Wow...Such an inspired and inspiring Nowaki...Intense. Quoting litterature or poetry while making love to someone is just so...romantic !

Besides...No wonder the two fan-girls / waitresses decided to mop the floor all the way (For other readers, this is about "The Spatula Test") !

The funniest thing about this scene is that...Hiro-san is precisely telling the whole story to Akihiko at this very moment, right ? And Nowaki has been inspired by Akihiko's novels...That means that Akihiko will find new material which is already based on his previous work...

That's a mise en abyme ! xD
SlythClover chapter 1 . 5/10/2013
Akihiko at last ! I missed him and these twisted ideas of his :D

"Akihiko had a new BL novel to write and he was looking for inspiration".

Hiroki is definitely the fall guy, here :) And yet his sharp tongue is very alive. The way he teases Akihiko with his "Usagi" performances and the lack of inspiration of the Romantica couple is unique !

Like Akihiko says, let's see what was so special then...
SilentStare chapter 3 . 3/22/2013
I love how you incorporated Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi! :D
Foreshadow-of-Dusk chapter 3 . 3/17/2013
Hee hee! As with the Spatula test (which I read quite some time ago) this is a delightful romp, I especially like the reactions of the staff upon reading the novels
The Black Flamingo101 chapter 3 . 2/19/2013
Dear Dog,
With your tasty lemon tart still on my lips, I shall review your epilogue.
Hahahah. Akihiko you sublime bastard. Not only publishing the intimate details of your best friend's sex life but stealing his words for the first line too. I'm a flutter of giggles.
The Yukina cameo was both unexpected, creative, and squee worthy. Honestly I think that man is the Egoist's love child. We'll have to see how their kids come out in UF. And his idea for 'research' with Kisa tickled me so.
The pandasan fangirls here aren't exactly annoying, which speaks of good writing in itself! If two men were fucking at my work place, I'd sure like to know in a detailed novel. But then again maybe those things are better left to FF...
Epic Epilogue and a fucking hot story my lovely! Bravo to everything!

Bows to greatness,
The Bird
The Black Flamingo101 chapter 2 . 2/19/2013
Dear Dog,
I can't fucking believe this was your first lemon. It testifies entirely to your gift with words and utter talent as a writer.
This was a magnificent fucking piece of fucking, and the intimacy of Nowaki comforting Hiroki in his vulnerable state just makes things sweeter. I love how you write Hiroki here, still trying to retain his front but at little moments allowing Nowaki to break through it. It speaks of the overwhelming love they have for each other and the respect and understanding Nowaki has for Hiroki's pride and personality type.
And Nowaki quoting Junai Egoist and Hiroki melting under it? GRRRR! I know I'm a bird but your turning me ravenous! In Romantica, reading the books aloud is equated with comedic embarrassment, but here it's just downright fucking sexy!
Normally the bird prefers lemons in comfy places, but with you I'm pretty sure I can change. I love the little details everywhere about Nowaki not stripping Hiroki entirely and the deliciously torturing bjs.
Screw my bed/couch favoritism, Nowaki bending Hiroki over the sink was damn HOT! Not to mention the hair pulling at the climax. GRRRRRRR! I think I'm turning into a dog I'm howling so much.
What a hot tender piece, further emphasized by Hiroki's almost smile at the end and the last line. It really shows how much Nowaki's love has comforted and changed him, and the way you write these two lovers is truly a thing to behold. I'm blown away and then some.

The Bird
Drunken Strawberries chapter 3 . 2/15/2013
No matter how many times I reread this I STILL CAN'T GET ENOUGH DAMN IT.
The Black Flamingo101 chapter 1 . 2/14/2013
Dear Dog,

Happy Valentines Day :) Here's a chocolately covered review for you! I must say, The Spatula Test is a marvel of a story and so realistic about gay individuals struggling to fit into "traditional" families. I read these stories within the first couple days I discovered FF, but I didn't start reviewing (or didn't have the courage to start) until halfway through Neko Hiro. Anyways, all all the reviews you've given me, only fair I do the same.
Let me start off my saying how much I love your sly Akihiko, giving Hiroki a butchered manuscript just to exploit him. What a man after my own heart heheheh. And I can't believe that you would make Hiroki the victim of such a trick here, but it only goes to show that once that man starts reading, he can't stop. Speaks of his teaching and academic soul to correct Akihiko's trashy sentences, even if he can't sense the motive behind it.
I did notice you changed "fucked like rabbits" to "rutted like rabbit." I must say I kinda prefer the former, but that's small apples compared to the smile this whole scene brings to my face. And the talk of Akihiko's prudy "boy toy" made me giggle, as I can picture my beloved rabbit lamenting his woes of his sex life to his unimpressed best friend.
Well I must pry my fingers away from my computer with a sad heart, but expect some more from me later my dearest.
Your Bird
loopyhutton chapter 3 . 2/14/2013
Love that it's been reloaded!
FujoshiNinjaNumber6 chapter 3 . 2/13/2013
First i hear news that Kaito append is finally being released this month, and now i come onto ff and find this re-posted at last?

lol, you also think Yukina would be an Egoist love child? i've only recently been introduced to that theory, but i just can't help but agree. kukuku... -w-
Yaoilover chapter 1 . 10/30/2012
I'm that same yaoilover that reviewed on the 'informative' chapter ;)
Such a cliffhanger .
dang it
I love how you write these stories. Keep it up :D