Reviews for For His Own Sake
arashikashi chapter 26 . 9h
Keep at it, you're doing just fine. While I could rib you about grammar and spelling, the thing is that what really matters is that you sat down and wrote the chapters, damned the "characterization" given that you are portraying the real life consequences of how the Hinata Inn girls act in general. Maybe a bit heavyhanded, but still accurate.

Yes, it can be a bit cringeworthy when it comes to grammar and all that, but to influence in a way that makes it unreadable and impossible to enjoy, it has to be My Immortal levels more or less.

All in all, don't feel discouraged by what others say. You are the writer, not them. Everybody can be a critic, but only a few have what it takes to sit down and do stuff in the first place.

That suggestion about beta-ing the story has merit, anyways. There is no such thing as enough beta-ing, that's for sure.
Could you update please
Wonijs chapter 26 . 1/13
So, I stumbled across this right near the end here. Read the whole thing over the course of a couple days, and I gotta say... Holy hell this is the biggest train-wreck of a fic I've ever seen. It was at times awkward and uncomfortable, other times it was disturbingly accurate to unstable people I've know, and more often then not I had a cringe on my face as I read, but damn if I couldn't look away.

If nothing else, well freakin done for making this enthralling as all hell. I've never even read the manga this is based on, but this fic kept me going "just one more chapter" way after I should have got to bed.

Good on you for making this disturbing yet stangely fascinating magnum opus.
jerome renner chapter 23 . 1/10
You are making a total mess of the please just start using the word craft that you have. Flash backs are to be used but olny with the writer's last doge to keep the story going.
lje100smith chapter 26 . 1/9
Damn, this is really good. I never could get into the series because I couldn't stand how Keitaro was bar-none a victim of constant domestic abuse, and seeing him assert himself has been immensely satisfying (especially watching how the abusers' little house of cards built on his suffering came crashing down so spectacularly). You've done a good job of clarifying who's toxic and who's wholesome, along with who can be redeemed and who's beyond all hope. I'm looking forward to the last chapter, and I really hope that everything falls into place: with Keitaro as reluctant "harem king" to ALL the reformed girls, and the toxic unrepentant ones eliminated as threats once and for all, one way or another.
The Hero named Villan chapter 26 . 12/24/2016
don't worry keitaro, the good ones will rescue you, I think
Amon Kashino chapter 26 . 11/23/2016
I don't like it
Kyuubi16 chapter 26 . 11/21/2016
Damnit man come up with the final chapter already.
Tensa-Zangetsu102 chapter 26 . 11/10/2016
Update this story soon!
Silent King019 chapter 1 . 11/3/2016
this story is amazing, please more please
Iceblade26 chapter 23 . 10/31/2016
this story is so amazing that in my little world you're a celebrity. this is a beautiful piece of art from your imagination
Iceblade26 chapter 21 . 10/31/2016
oh yeah i also want to kill mutsumi for being a F*CKING IDIOT
Iceblade26 chapter 10 . 10/29/2016
hahahahahaha iwannaslitnarusthroatandthenstabheroverandoverthenburnhercorpse. Wow. i have evil thoughts for a kid.
jusef chapter 1 . 10/27/2016
This is painful to read. The grammar, dozens of spelling mistakes, inconsistent perspective... I'm getting Half Life: Full Life Consequences flashbacks. Has the author never heard of getting someone to beta a story? Knowing nothing of him, I suspect he's not a native English speaker, so that's doubly the reason to get someone to check chapters for awkward phrasing.
The story and theme is what keeps me reading, but I'm cringing too often at the sight of errors to feel immersed in them.
Kobic chapter 23 . 10/27/2016
...Is it wrong for me to enjoy Naru's misery...Why...Why am I enjoying this angst so much?
1,125 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »