Reviews for For His Own Sake
ZephiraRubel-chan chapter 27 . 5/31
At this Point i'm pretty sure that Naru is a Sociopath with a serious Personality Disorder.
And Mutsumi is definitely not sane. She might even be schizophrenic, considering how delusional she is.
pendragonZx chapter 17 . 4/26
So Keitaro gave a girl a break, only then to have his kindness spit on? He was naive and a what 14/15yr old. He couldn’t have known (nobody else either) what would happen. The two guys beating up His cousin was not his fault. The girl was already caught, the only options she had was to get turned in or put the answers back. He had no reason to believe she’d be dumb enough to take it that far. Naïveté is not a sin, taking advantage of someone’s naïveté is.

Keitaro should apologize, but he didn’t really do anything that bad.
rc48177 chapter 27 . 4/23
oh come on, don't end it right before the conclusion. Thats just mean
SetsunaRay chapter 3 . 4/21
And so, Keitaro recently broke up with Naru for the abuse she put him through. Nice work, kid.

Naru, that's what you get for being such a mean jerk to your boyfriend.
SetsunaRay chapter 2 . 4/21
I'm sorry that you have a rough experience in Hinata Inn, Keitaro. But I'm glad that you leave and move on into a new place where they can treat you with kindness and respect.
geno273338 chapter 27 . 3/16
Well, I actually read this thing end-to-end. Would be curious to see what ultimately happens in the end. Keitaro's pissed beyond words, and the girls (including Amalla, but minus Shinobu) have ultimately given him every reason to feel this way. (I can relate to this)

If I were writing this, I would have had Keitaro find a way to have Amalla banned from Japan for the threats she made. Hopefully we'll see the end-result of the story, mainly what happens to everyone who stood in Keitaro's way.
Greensword101 chapter 1 . 1/8
Hey, this is just a thought I had from skimming through this Ranma 1/2 fic. What is Naru is also suffering from rage disorder in this story, too? But from reading this, I guess the evidence more or less leads to her being an immature woman who thinks the world can be handed onto her on a silver platter.

The anime portrayal of her is so annoying halfway through, Naru is a bit more tolerable in the manga from what I have read so far. There are good and bad points.

Bittersweet opening; Keitaro decides "Screw this, I'm outta here", but he isn't exactly happy about it since he feels like none of them care. Though the opening paragraphs are a bit too obvious.

You could have written the opening demonstrating his fear and anger in different scenarios. Maybe the thought of Naru would start making him think of the words, "untrustworthy" and "heartless."

I really need to thank you for your introduction to Love Hina, by the way. The abuse is not funny, but there are some decent things that the series offers, including what I believe is a theme of being more than meets the eye...even though the characters STILL screw up after these revelations.

Congrats on the 1k review mark.
Araella chapter 27 . 12/26/2017
Okay so... I like this fic. I must admit though that this isn't perfect. I've seen better written fics which are a bit more descriptive and isn't just mostly dialogue. It also got some typos and a few spelling mistakes here and there. Also... plot is kinda cliche.

On the other hand, you made it addicting to read and I like this because the characters get called out on the bs they were pulling in the anime/manga. While you turned their personality flaws way up to eleven making them worse, it's fine. It makes this a bit more interesting.

Finally, I loved Love Hina as a kid and thought it was funny but as I grew up and saw more and more abusive females in Harem anime, I started to get sick of it to the point that if the anime has an abusive love interest and it's played for comedy, I avoid it like the plague (and it turned me off from most harem in general) so seeing this fic where they start to slowly understand how bad they were acting is good. It's like seeing someone get revenge for you. lol
HadoFoxGodAsashi chapter 26 . 11/14/2017
This is what I'm talking about, jackass.
HadoFoxGodAsashi chapter 1 . 11/12/2017
You still suck, FYI.
WootTwilighterAnimeFanWoot chapter 27 . 11/1/2017
This is Awesome but update please!
Guest chapter 27 . 10/21/2017
Fuck women. Fuck them ALL to hell.
massone22 chapter 27 . 10/17/2017
can't wait to see how it all ends
electropopluigi chapter 27 . 10/2/2017
You’ve got me seriously hooked, can’t wait for the final chapter!
Hyaku Shiki 21491 chapter 27 . 9/21/2017
Look I'm going to be frank here but why is this story so long? If Keitaro wanted to cut the girls out of his life all he'd have to do is evict them and ban them from entering the premises which he can do since he owns the inn and if they threatened him law enforcement would take care of them real quick. I really don't see why this had to be 27 chapters.

Secondly what's with the crossovers and murderous rich girl plot? The former just feels random and the second not only goes against the tone of the rest of the story but feels like it was only added to extend the plot.

And lastly the bashing, I know the girls are far from perfect but they aren't stupid. Violent as they are * which the anime greatly exaggerated by the way * Naru and Motoko wouldn't openly break the law and commit academic suicide to get back at a boy who angered them and Mutsumi isn't that dumb to aid a kidnapper. If anything she'd probably get on Naru's case to fix her relationship with Keitaro and try to convince him she's making a genuine effort to change and to give her another chance.

No offense but all in all I've seen this kind of plot done better.
1,234 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »