Reviews for For His Own Sake
kirashu chapter 25 . 2/4
Oh my god! I just finish your story and it's amazing! It's like the perfect sequel to the manga, but turning bad (well good honestly) because Keitaro "grow up" or more precisely he finally understand that love cannot exist without respect and trust in the couple.

That being said, congratulations. Why? Because i believe that you used very well each character, plus you truly understand their own flaw and create believable plot about each of them (honestly, i truly have the impression that i was reading the official sequel of the manga). Frankly, Bravo!
I loved this story, my only regret? no new chapter since dec. 2014.

PS: i'm sorry about my poor grammar but English isn't my first language.
KashyaCharsi chapter 1 . 12/14/2015
I am writing down to this fic too, like I did to An Alternate Keitaro Urashima: these sociopaths need a good beating. Not restraining, not arresting. Being beaten back like they try to beat Keitaro. By another female martial artist if need be, Nagisa for example. Let's not let their gender make them untouchable. If they are man enough to give it, they should be man enough to take it. Su's mechas should be modified to mean harm to herself, maybe that way she would learn some empathy.
Rictor Yagami chapter 7 . 12/9/2015
I decided to read this chapter again and I enjoyed it greatly. Seeing the flashback to how Keitaro's parents acted toward his reason on wanting to get into Tokyo University even I have to admit it is silly and rather stupid. I'm sorry if it sounded mean but his folks did raise a valid point, even if or when he got in his promise girl would have already moved on and would have most likely graduated from there. Plus he was five years old and even his father said he didn't remember what she looked like or even remembered her name so in a way Keitaro was being an idiot. But honestly I shouldn't look down on his determination to get in and neither should his parents.

Speaking of which I liked the confrontation between Hina had with Nanami and Kanako. We now learn that Nanami and her husband would have had a place for Keitaro if he didn't find one soon. I still wonder what the hell Hina was thinking not telling her own grandson that the Inn was converted into an all-girls dormitory.

I forgot to include in my last review and the others about Shinsuke and Isana along with Kazuya and Nagisa. They are really nice people and I'm honestly surprised that they are related to Motoko. I will be honest I haven't read the manga but I have looked up the wiki for this and learned more about each of the characters.

Now I move onto Tsuruko Aoyama and I honestly wish they gave her husband a name in the anime and manga. I have to admit that was low of her to force Keitaro to helping Motoko in a dual despite the fact the guy had a broken leg. Like she said in this it made her no better than her idiot sister and I wouldn't blame Keitaro for hating her since it was her sisters own damn fault for not telling the truth.

As for Kaolla Su, I agree with Kanako on this. She needs to stop being a stupid selfish spoiled brat, along with calling Keitaro her big brother. News flash Su you dumb ass he isn't your brother! Never has and never will be. Mitsune sure got a verbal smacking from Keitaro's mother, and I will admit even I would find it hard to believe that she is sorry.

So Seta is going to have a talk with Naru huh? I can just imaging the excuses she will make for how she acted and honestly I hate that little shit Sarah. I just want her to get slapped in the face for all the crap she pulled and is just an equally stupid selfish little brat. Though I blame Seta since he didn't do much as a parent. Also Sarah's mom's name was Julia McDougal, though you should know. There were a few things miss spelled and some words are were they shouldn't be but it is all right you can fix them later. I hope to see more soon.

Good Luck Karndragon.
The Richmaster chapter 25 . 12/5/2015
This has been a really interesting story; I've particularly enjoyed the way you've showed characters interact with each other and hoe they develop with the changing world around them.
It'd be good to see the next chapter; I've been looking forward to the government investigation since it was first mentioned.

You did a great job on this.
Meech Macko chapter 25 . 10/21/2015
The plot just got real thick!

With Naru cutting off all her ties to her own family bonds...or whatever she had with them, she is sure going down hard making friends with questionable people.

Mutsumi seems too far deluded...Motoko has finally stopped deluding herself, well she still has to make a lot of amends.

Some others are still blaming Keitaro for his lack of control and responsibility at the Hinata dorm/inn. I mean, considering the girls there were too domineering and one carrying a live sword, it was pretty hard for Keitaro to enforce some authority without any self defense training.

The Love hina anime like the Ranma half was just a satire on promises...just like with Ranma half a satire on honour.

Keitaro was better off with Motoko than Naru...so far in manga she did come out of her male hating gig faster than Naru and mellowed out soon.

I am hoping this fic isnt dead...and your other alternate version.

-Meech
Matsukaze Tenma chapter 25 . 9/29/2015
Thank you for the update; I hope to read the next chapters soon
kelton chapter 15 . 9/24/2015
you should get a noble prize omgggggg
BinarySobriquet chapter 14 . 8/15/2015
I'm confused, why is everyone acting like a promise made when a kid was five years old means something? Is it a stupid Japanese honor thing to fuck over your life because you said something idiotic back when you were still figuring out how to flap your tongue and produce coherent sentences?

"I know we're adults now, but when we were in preschool we promised we'd eat all the ice cream in the world. Honor demands that we eschew friends, family, education, career, country and any prospects of success or happiness in order to eat ice cream until we die."
Hjaire chapter 25 . 7/12/2015
I LOVE this story! Please pick it up again soon! You're almost done! :D
Stallion6 of Deviantart chapter 25 . 6/5/2015
I've read the series...and agree with all of what you have said so far.

When's the next update?
Mimi chapter 1 . 5/31/2015
Just finished reading the whole series! When you gonna continue dude?!
Fag chapter 25 . 5/13/2015
Boy...that scalated quickly,i mean that really got out of hand FAST...and to think what would happen if the tendo's and saotome's get involved with kagura & chisato and AGREE with the duo,practically a 'wonder team',with nabiki brain and 'threads' and kagura money...
yuri43 chapter 15 . 5/7/2015
after eading this chacpter i went from wanting to kill all the girls to wantin to kill him and the girls seriousy i am still amazed hiw naive he was and still is ,though the difference is large he still is somewhat naive, in my opinion...puff
Strikeman chapter 1 . 5/1/2015
Are you still gonna update this fic?
Guest chapter 25 . 3/29/2015
This fic is nice and it seems resolution is near but usually that is the point where a lot of fics and author choke and starts SLOWING DOWN TO THE POINT OF NONEXISTENCE whoops, caps. But dammit I really like it if this continues but I'm not going to wait... Hopefully out there are fics that can satiate my anime hunger...
1,035 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »