Reviews for For His Own Sake
Greensword101 chapter 1 . 1/8
Hey, this is just a thought I had from skimming through this Ranma 1/2 fic. What is Naru is also suffering from rage disorder in this story, too? But from reading this, I guess the evidence more or less leads to her being an immature woman who thinks the world can be handed onto her on a silver platter.

The anime portrayal of her is so annoying halfway through, Naru is a bit more tolerable in the manga from what I have read so far. There are good and bad points.

Bittersweet opening; Keitaro decides "Screw this, I'm outta here", but he isn't exactly happy about it since he feels like none of them care. Though the opening paragraphs are a bit too obvious.

You could have written the opening demonstrating his fear and anger in different scenarios. Maybe the thought of Naru would start making him think of the words, "untrustworthy" and "heartless."

I really need to thank you for your introduction to Love Hina, by the way. The abuse is not funny, but there are some decent things that the series offers, including what I believe is a theme of being more than meets the eye...even though the characters STILL screw up after these revelations.

Congrats on the 1k review mark.
Araella chapter 27 . 12/26/2017
Okay so... I like this fic. I must admit though that this isn't perfect. I've seen better written fics which are a bit more descriptive and isn't just mostly dialogue. It also got some typos and a few spelling mistakes here and there. Also... plot is kinda cliche.

On the other hand, you made it addicting to read and I like this because the characters get called out on the bs they were pulling in the anime/manga. While you turned their personality flaws way up to eleven making them worse, it's fine. It makes this a bit more interesting.

Finally, I loved Love Hina as a kid and thought it was funny but as I grew up and saw more and more abusive females in Harem anime, I started to get sick of it to the point that if the anime has an abusive love interest and it's played for comedy, I avoid it like the plague (and it turned me off from most harem in general) so seeing this fic where they start to slowly understand how bad they were acting is good. It's like seeing someone get revenge for you. lol
HadoFoxGodAsashi chapter 26 . 11/14/2017
This is what I'm talking about, jackass.
HadoFoxGodAsashi chapter 1 . 11/12/2017
You still suck, FYI.
WootTwilighterAnimeFanWoot chapter 27 . 11/1/2017
This is Awesome but update please!
Guest chapter 27 . 10/21/2017
Fuck women. Fuck them ALL to hell.
massone22 chapter 27 . 10/17/2017
can't wait to see how it all ends
electropopluigi chapter 27 . 10/2/2017
You’ve got me seriously hooked, can’t wait for the final chapter!
Hyaku Shiki 21491 chapter 27 . 9/21/2017
Look I'm going to be frank here but why is this story so long? If Keitaro wanted to cut the girls out of his life all he'd have to do is evict them and ban them from entering the premises which he can do since he owns the inn and if they threatened him law enforcement would take care of them real quick. I really don't see why this had to be 27 chapters.

Secondly what's with the crossovers and murderous rich girl plot? The former just feels random and the second not only goes against the tone of the rest of the story but feels like it was only added to extend the plot.

And lastly the bashing, I know the girls are far from perfect but they aren't stupid. Violent as they are * which the anime greatly exaggerated by the way * Naru and Motoko wouldn't openly break the law and commit academic suicide to get back at a boy who angered them and Mutsumi isn't that dumb to aid a kidnapper. If anything she'd probably get on Naru's case to fix her relationship with Keitaro and try to convince him she's making a genuine effort to change and to give her another chance.

No offense but all in all I've seen this kind of plot done better.
tanner.browning.10 chapter 27 . 9/19/2017
This has been one intense fanfiction to read and it surprises me that naru and mitsume would team up with kagura hajime and chisato ichimura and doing something like this to keitaro. It is kind of pethtic that naru still blames keitaro for the direction her life took and though that he was responsible for her being expelled from Tokyo University and never admitted that is was her own actions that caused all that to happen to her. All I can say is that the four that kidnapped keitaro are in for a avalanche of consequences but that will be decided in the final chapter of this fanfiction. Only time will tell.
Bismarck Alexander chapter 27 . 9/18/2017
It seems a suicide is gonna happen. I hope that can be avoided. What would make this chapter perfect if Naru was told about Motoko's and Kitsune's confessions. And I hope we get an explanation on why Takeru was sold off by his sister.
Weird Beard chapter 24 . 9/17/2017
Some other reviewer asked how punishing the girls for their actions could not make for a good story.
One possibility, of course, if you have an author who simply isn't any good (although that's not...quite...the case here).
Another is if the characters are so GDF stupid that they can't comprehend that they're the antagonists in an overblown bash-fic, and are still acting the same GDF way they did in the first chapter. This would have been a guilty pleasure if the author had gone the Snafu the Great route and just killed the bitches a third or a half of the way in, but 27 chapters in Keitaro is still just as SOL at the hands of these morons as he would be if he hadn't "had enough," to the point where he's been kidnapped and is being tortured? By a bunch of Froot Loops who aren't even from the same series? I'd gladly trade every single chapter of this just for a chapter or two of Justice For All (although I will admit that where it also snagged on the problem of making Naru likable)
Guest too chapter 27 . 9/13/2017
Next chapter, whenever it comes out, will be "to finish the fight". Still not sure why Ranma and Evangelion characters had to be brought into this story (I don't see magic fighting or giant robots outside of Su's antics). Curious though if "An Alternate Keitaro Urashima" will ever be updated since it has been over 3 years since that was last updated in April 2014. Best of luck with whatever you do next!
Guest chapter 6 . 9/12/2017
Ok, that went to far, I'm sorry but I need to address this, bashing on characters for no good reason or unjustified reasons is a major pet peeve of mine.

First off, how is Shinobu just as bad as Motoko and Naru who were basically trying to kill Keitaro? I don't know about you, but she doesn't have an evil bone in her body, calling her a curse on someone is going WAAAY to far, Mrs Urashima doesn't understand the full story and doesn't realise the danger Keitaro was in and Shinobu standing up for Keitaro like she did just now would put her in danger and caused more problems.

2nd, Shinobu would've put herself in the same type of danger Keitaro was in if she made a stand. Look at the collaterrole damage that has been done to this dorm, if Motoko and Naru let their anger out at max power, regardless of the damage, there is no doubt Shinobu would've been hurt badly, or worse, killed, if she stood in their way from their assault on Keitaro, consequences be damned.

Say what you will about Keitaro, you can drop kick him through the planet and have him pop out the other side and he'll be fine the next day, Su is right, he is immortal and indestructible, that's just half the fun of his character.

Shinobu on the other hand have never went through anything Keitaro went though, I can't recall, a time where she has been punched so hard she can clear a building or endure explosions like they were nothing. For all we know, she could be as fragile as a glass figurine.

Her standing up for Keitaro the way she did in the last chapter would've put her in danger, it could've cost her her life during those 3 years, this probably would've gotten the Dorm to shut down for good. Do you honestly think Keitaro would've wanted her standing up for him when realistically she could've been hurt for sticking up for him? Motoko and Naru would do it they are THAT unreasonable.

For crying out loud, Motoko is being but hurt because her sister is LITERALLY SLEEPING WITH HER HUSBAND! That her brother-in-law, family, is she going to react like this if Tsuruku had a son? Would she be harshly treated this way? I would say yes, considering what she did to Keitaro.

That's besides the point, the point is however, Shinobu doing her own thing was better than standing up for Keitaro, it avoided unessaccary conflicts that could've proved fatal.

Don't believe me? Look at the ending of the last chapter.

"Naru was thinking that this was becoming a nightmare but she was going to do whatever it took to get Keitaro back. She was also going to make Shinobu pay for the rude comments towards her".

My concerns are justified and Shinobu not reacting is justified, it protected her, saved her. Shinobu is now in danger from Naru because she did exactly what Keitaro's mother said she should've done and this is the same Naru who can punch so hard that she could punch Keitaro through a building wall.

I'm not fanboying or anything and I have nothing against character bashing if it's justifiable and means something, but in Shinobu's case its unjustifiable, I don't care how angry she is, Keitaro's mother dosent know the full story and dosent understand the danger. This cruelness towards her just rubs me the wrong way, I hope things get better for both Shinobu and Keitaro.

I'm not trying to be mean, personal opinions and reviews are needed to help improve a writer's story, but this needless bashing is not justified and could serve to hurt Shinobu more than help Keitaro, could maybe even push her to suicide, it could happen.
Guest chapter 4 . 9/12/2017
Sorry for the 2nd comment.

I think I should also point out that Shinobu was never abusive towards him in anyway. While it is true she should've spoke up more loudly, she is naturally shy and timid, again, personality, and most likely wouldn't of changed anything even if she screamed and yelled at Naru and Motoko.

Sure she screamed whenever an accident happens. But she never insulted him, hit him, degraded him or anything else in that matter, in fact she is more deserving of Keitaro's love than Naru is and would ever be and I think many fans would agree on that (at least I hope they would), just Keitaro is to dense to see it.

This comes back to the point that Keitaro is hating Shinobu because of Motoko and Naru, she doesn't deserve to be cut out of his life forever when she literally has done nothing to him willingly or even knowingly, she respected and loved him.

So personally, I think Keitaro should've gave her either a set period of time where he just needs to away from her so their friendship wasn't over (or more if both played their cards right in the future, you never know) or tell her that they could still be friends if she cuts her friendship with Naru and Motoko for good.

Mutsume and, sure, let's throw Su in there as well as I could see her maturing and earning a 2nd chance, could be offered the same thing, half of them works for their 2nd chance while the other half are out of his life forever.

Personal opinions of course.
1,228 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »