Reviews for For His Own Sake
Evamaster chapter 24 . 7h ago
I'm not actually that much of a fan of this story cause i find the characters inability to adapt and grow up just plain annoying. Just don't seem real at all if, no matter what, no matter when, no matter how, the characters alweys act the same and never grow up. It's anti-human to do so, and thus the story gains a platic to it that feels fabricated instead of developed. Like things where made of stone and can't bend or change. Just stay the same and crumble.

I am obviously not suggesting that you change things at this point where you got just three chapters left to finish it. This is more of a critic for you to apply on your other stories, specialy your Suzuka's stories where they are in the first feel chapter and you can plan certain evolution for the characters there, instead of them being only one track minded fools that never learn, change or do anything else other then act just the same.
Seimika chapter 4 . 4/14
might want to go over some of your older chaps and fix it up a bit while rereading this story I noticed some errors that could be fixed up either by you or a beta
ChronoTriggerMan chapter 24 . 4/14
Good to see that Motoko finally woke up. Let's hope that Mitsune going to her mom goes well, and I'm glad you updated this story. Been a while, ya know?
SilentSinger948 chapter 24 . 4/11
Thank you for updating.
Motoko joins the others in getting some character development. Finally. You'd think she'd learn earlier what with everyone pointing out her flaws and her losing her right as heir. Well better late than never, I guess.
Naru. What's left for her? She cast away her friends and family, she has no home, and she's just been expelled from one of the top universities. Yet despite it all, she continues to blame everyone else. There's just no hope for her is there?
Good to see that Mistune wants to correct her past misdeeds. Can't wait for Keitaro and Nagisa to spend the day together.
Krogan Critic chapter 24 . 4/10
Mokoto what a fool, beliving the lies of Naru
Krogan Critic chapter 13 . 4/9
Granny Hina was in the same class with Minato Namikaze, "How you put your decendant in your over complicate plan that eazy backfire" in the Cannon they get A and the Fannon F-
Krogan Critic chapter 1 . 4/9
HE IS ACTING LIKE HUMAN BEING!
Pyromania101 chapter 24 . 4/7
Well, at least Motoko is starting to realize her mistake. Despite her behavior here, Naru is the real villain, and I hope Motoko, despite facing likely many more misfortunes, goes through character development and redeems herself instead of committing suicide or something. Mitsune has developed, and she was arguably even worse than Motoko early on since she clearly did all that stuff to Keitaro for fun instead of a deluded sense of "honor". All in all, I hope Motoko tries to fix the damage she has caused instead of just going to jail and/or killing herself. As for Naru, I'm still on the fence since she was even worse and even less willing to believe in Keitaro than Motoko, with this chapter clearly showing that.
Ginkyofu13 chapter 24 . 4/5
Hello thank you for updating the new chapter and I have to say that it was worth reading. Three chapter left before completing it and Naru got what's coming to her now for when she faced the officials. This was consequences for her that she should never attack without realizing it. I wished that they kept her in the prison from the past chapter.

Naru turned her father and her own family, but referring Hina and I am disappointing with Mitsumi for being ver manipulatuve like Hina. She don't realize that she are best friends with a killer and liar. Someone should confront her when Haruka had no other choice, but she forgive Naru after she turned her away. That's very disappointing.

Why will Hina wanted to get the Inn back from her daughter? Is she hiding something, but will anyone bring up Yoko Urashima within the next chapter? Will Shinobu uncovered something that is the evidence, but I am very patient for the next chapter.

Motoko begins to realized what she did except it was too late, but it seemed she and her grandmother will have the talk about what happen.

I am glad that Keitaro breaks his habits and matured with Mitsune and Shinobu, but it was too late for Su. Serve her right... I am glad that there is character development now, but I wanted to look forward if they are able to it as a comic. This was very interesting on it gives every details on how it goes.

Hina, you getting yourselves in deeper trouble, but if your father was alive. He will be disappointing in you for what you are doing now.
Twigon Halolover chapter 5 . 4/4
The concept is somewhat interesting, but the execution is basically a wish-fulfillment story. Naru and Motoko are evil witches without redeeming qualities, the rest are completely repentant and miserable, everyone else is backing Keitaro furiously.
PEJP Bengtzone V2 chapter 24 . 4/4
Will we see Ranma in the next chapter?
Or perhaps a guest appearance by Shinji Ikari?
Saint River 2.0 chapter 24 . 4/2
It's been so long I've already started to forget what happened here. Thanks for the update.
NoName chapter 24 . 4/1
You got rid of Su, Mitsune and Mokoto are having a change of heart, all you need is to lock Naru, Mutsumi and Hina (or kill them) ...
And do not forget to update "An Alternate Keitaro Urashima".
Diva180 chapter 24 . 4/1
Finally you updated I'VE BEEN WAITING FOREVA!
Sorry about that outburst...
After tons and TONS of bashing abiout being a man hating, sword wealing, samurai wannabe misandrist, Motoko is FINALLY realizing the truth about her and her sins. At least that's SOME development and she's STARTING to see the right path. I know Keitaro has every right not to forgive her, but I think he should show a bit of support for her development before cutting ALL ties with her.
Naru, Naru, Naru...you surely will never change. No matter what if it's getting dumped by Keitaro, getting kicked out the dorm, getting arrested, called out by her family and ex-friends and now getting kicked out of the university she spent her entire life working for...she STILL blames everything on Keitaro...that just so...typical of her.
As much as I love this fic and all the bashing (I never liked Naru, or any of the "Violent Tsuderes" who are treated like sweet misunderstood girls are nothing more than spoiled brats with anger problems) I would like that at the END and I mean the VERY END where after Granny gets a dose of reality and Kagura and CHI-Something plans explode in their faces, after Keitaro and EVERYONE are out of her life, for her to FINALLY realize the truth, like Motoko just did in this chapter but with Naru it should take and even longer time due to her stubbornness,
Either waym great fic and can't wait for more.
PLEASE UPDATE SOON :)
anon chapter 1 . 4/1
While I've enjoyed this story, I'm glad that you're bringing it to an end. Because there's only so long the premise can stand on its own with no apparent development.

I think I understand why that is now, though. A large part of the cast were so set in their ways that irrefutable proof would simply bounce off until they reached a breaking point, like Motoko did this chapter. And the fact that this took so long for her makes more sense when one realizes that it took Years of the series before Keitaro broke at the start of this story.

As for Motoko and Mitsune, they have definitely changed now. But I have no doubt that while Keitaro will acknowledge their development, he will still reject them (Abiet offering some words of support for them in their new lives away from him).

Still to come is Keitaro's last confrontation with the Sus. I'm looking forward to it.

As for Naru, I see two endings at this point - imprisoned, or dead. Specifically: semi-accidentally killed by Motoko during a fight between them. At the very least, she should have her legendary fist broken, mangled, or removed.