Reviews for Secrets and Sties: Another Missing Episode
Genericrandom chapter 7 . 11/27/2012
Now see, this is the kind of thing I expect from an alien culture. Completely, utterly incomprehensible actions that only work when applied to a wholly alien culture and a largely alien biology. Great stuff though, truly great stuff.
Jamieson Zed chapter 7 . 9/2/2012
Awww...poor Shev! At least he won't risk being a fool for love anymore p

This was a great, fun scifi romp...I love that everyone and their mother is acknowledging that Trip and T'Pol's relationship is token-professional at best - those two really are horrible at discretion. They were obvious about their involvement before they were even involved p It's also a good precursor to that edge of wariness between the two of them that I also picked up in Demons...especially the focus on trust and belief and secrecy, etc. Loved it!
Brandyjane chapter 7 . 8/22/2011
Wow! I was not expecting the last few lines! Actually, I wasn't expecting the end of the relationship between Patanina and Shev at all. I enjoyed this story a lot. I've never been interested in Tellarites, but you made them really interesting. I like how Patanina doesn't want to go along with Shev's plan. It makes the story more interesting. I also think that it shows that you can't judge these alien cultures by human standards. I think that by having Patanina react as she did, you showed that it wasn't Tellarite culture that is messed up. Sheve is just an exception. If Patanina had truly wanted to run off with Shev it would have been a typical "human ways are the best ways and even aliens secretly want to be like us" story. If this was a real-life case, I'd have something very different to say, but for the sake of this story, I think Shev's punishment works.
RC chapter 7 . 8/7/2011
Urm...

You really don't like males very much, do you?

*shudder*
Zero Credibility chapter 7 . 8/3/2011
I'm kinda sorry to see it end so badly for Shev, because he was seemed to have a lot in common with humans (including poor judgement where love is concerned) but I suppose that was never going to end well. Thank goodness that Trip's desperately dangerous plan didn't end up costing one of them their life. And above all, thank goodness for the tenderness we're seeing between TnT.
startraveller776 chapter 7 . 8/3/2011
"Proof, he reflected, that you really could have too much of a good thing."

ROFLMAO!

That was a fun ride. I'm glad that T'Pol has decided to tell Trip about the Trell-D.

And the ending with Shev? Positively devious!
panyasan chapter 7 . 8/2/2011
What an ending. I loved it, but poor, poor Shev. I really liked the introduction to T'Pols confession (fool for love). Jugding from the tension between TnT in Demons Trip didn't take it well. Hope Trips hand is cured soon and we will return to the missing scenes soon to found out what will happen next to our favorite couple. I can't wait. ;)
o chapter 7 . 8/2/2011
Well done
mayra24 chapter 7 . 8/1/2011
Oh man! all i can say is poor Shav!..they definitely punished him where it hurts him the most lol. Thank you for giving us a story of what happened to the real enterprise while the mirror darkly was happening. Totally enjoyed every minute of it!.
Sedri chapter 7 . 8/1/2011
That IS an advantage of fanfic, isn't it? No ad break, either..

I found it awfully amusing that Trip refers to "that pesky little detail" in such a... such a typically 'Trip' way. Have to love him.

Poor Patania. She didn't ask for this at all. I had wondered. Good on her for speaking up like that - polite but firm.

It still feels so wrong to describe something a Vulcan does as "adorable", but that's exactly what it seems with T'Pol manning the transporter so vigilantly like that.

Hey! A new use for the the MACOs! Excellent. Phlox needed some help anyway.

And a nice, shiny, unexpected new mystery with the (probably) Coridanites. Fun!

Oh. OH. Fool for love. And yet again, it's the cultural difference that means neither of them can be even close to sure about what the other means. Ow. So that's how you managed to bring it around. Well done :)

Now I didn't expect THAT _ she told

Back to Missing Scenes! Lovely - I've been looking forward to that :)
Steelchaser chapter 7 . 8/1/2011
OUCH!

not fair, obviously written by a female. Castration! jeepers!

like the story though and I GUESS in keeping with canon.

Alelou, you never can give Trip any lasting wins, can you.

I am a sucker for your damn stories though, keep spinning 'em.

steelchaser
DinahD chapter 7 . 8/1/2011
I wasn't sure how you were going to wind things up, but it was just about perfect. Shev learned a number of important lessons, including never take a woman and her desires for granted. Poor Patania didn't have a clue what was going on.

And yes, Archer response to "too much of a good thing" was a hoot. As much as it makes me say "Eeeeww," you're probably right about Patania's endowments.

T'Pol got the chance to take care of her man. And finally Trip faced the possibility of some long term consequences for abusing his body.

As for poor Shev's punishment, it seems perfectly reasonable from a Tellarite point of view. Shev's rebellious nature doesn't fit in with mainstream Tellarite society. He also endangered Tellar's allies. I can see how the judge would think it was best if he wasn't allowed to contribute to the gene pool. So now he gets to spend the rest of his life as the eunich in the harem - and watch other men entertain his beloved Patania. Bummer.
2Distracted chapter 7 . 8/1/2011
Yeowch. I sure wouldn't want to be a Tellarite.
aadarshinah chapter 7 . 8/1/2011
I think I can forgive you for not showing us Trip's reaction to T'Pol's trellium confession just for the last section alone. I mean, I'm sure if I were I guy I'd not be laughing as hard as I am now, but that is probably the most perfectly tailored punishment I think I've ever heard. Read. Whatever. It was hillarious.

Though the "Proof, he reflected, that you really could have too much of a good thing" was pretty classic as well. Sadly enough, I don't think I can ever see a Human/Tellar pairing either. Then again, I never thought I'd see a Trill/Klingon one either, and...

Okay, just backing away from *that* now.

Anyway, lovely as always. Though I suppose it's too much to hope for for more of these mirror-episode placeholders, isn't it? *sighs*. Till next time, aadarshinah
Putaro chapter 7 . 8/1/2011
Wow, the Tellarites are definitely different! If this were actually produced I'd hate to be the costumer in charge of Patania!

I'm not sure how I feel about Shev's punishment - he certainly messed up big time but...maybe it's just male sympathy.

I loved Patania's reaction:

"A family?" she said, clearly aghast. "What are you - a reactionary?"

For some reason it makes me think of Animal Farm.

T'Pol's finally going to come clean about the Trellium-D. Looking forward to your take on THAT subject.

And I'm still curious about the "Coridanites" - I'm strongly suspicious that they're one of our other favorite sneaky races.

Great wrap up!