Reviews for Opening Gambit
Love this story!
Puggle chapter 6 . 1/15/2014
Stunning
librarywitch chapter 6 . 10/25/2013
I think this would be a good explanation of our a sensual creature such as Sherlock would think he didn't like sex. Well done.
forgetmenotjimmy chapter 6 . 5/6/2012
Liked the pacing, John's quiet confidence and Sherlock's internal struggle, very well written, as always! Nice one!

:D
WitchRavenFox chapter 6 . 2/9/2012
Really loved this!
emisante chapter 6 . 1/31/2012
DAMN! Totally agree with the previous reviewer. I want smut in your writing, it's incredible. :) Okay, off to the next story.
The Random Panda chapter 6 . 1/30/2012
Hiya! I'm going through your stories one by one, and I like what I've found so far.

That said, *clears throat* ARE YOU SERIOUS? Why did you end it there? I suppose the world didn't need one more piece of smut but I would have liked it.

Okay, now that I have vented, I shall continue my journey though your story list. Wish me luck!
aishaduh chapter 6 . 1/27/2012
emma de los nardos chapter 6 . 9/5/2011
What? Is this the end? Do we have to imagine the rest? I really wanted to know how Sherlock feels about sex once he has the chance to experience it without pain. I guess I will just have to imagine it...
TealEyedBeing chapter 6 . 7/4/2011
*flail* Bloody-! :D best foreplay ever x3 the actual smut will be so soft and loving!
HOS70 chapter 6 . 7/3/2011
Sigh, this was just lovely. I agree with Sherlock, this was definitely worth being stupid. This was really funny: Sherlock’s surprise at being able to move after their first kiss in the sitting room; his realisation that his IQ is dropping; his brain clicking on again; loved all of that.

This chapter was just beautifully written, so tender yet sexy. John’s just great, isn’t he? I loved Sherlock still being a little bit afraid, yet already starting a “To try” list. Also, his typical, mostly endearing arrogance at the realisation what reactions he can draw out of John. “He did that.” Brilliant.

This was a lovely ending to your story but at the same time I can’t believe it’s over! Oh no!

Many thanks for this lovely piece of writing. I can’t wait to receive your next update!
HOS70 chapter 5 . 7/3/2011
You don’t do things by half. Your opening line alone had me in stitches. Talk about British understatement! :-)

Isn’t John Watson one of a kind? As usual, the good ones are either gay or taken, or both. The way he’s protecting himself emotionally whilst at the same time reassuring Sherlock of his feelings for him, is just beautiful. The way he’s laying down the rules of engagement without making Sherlock feel like a delicate little flower, the way he puts himself on the same level: either one of them can call a halt at any time, for any reason, is just wonderfully sensitive of him.

Must hurry on to the next chapter!
HOS70 chapter 4 . 7/3/2011
Oh, poor Sherlock, arguing with himself like that must indeed be utterly confusing to him. Again, this para alone was so well written. I loved that Sherlock kind of knows that he will never drive John away, that John is loyal to him and can be trusted. I pitied him that, despite that knowledge, the fear “doesn’t go far”.

There are so many little things in this chapter that I like; such as Sherlock consciously ignoring the telly program about Afghanistan, protecting himself from thinking about what else may have happened to John there; even the pedestrian football scores. Your little details are excellent.

Then, suddenly, the scientist in Sherlock takes over and he convinces himself that he’s approached his fear from the wrong angle, and he dares to act upon his wishes. I find this so believable for Sherlock.

Again, so glad I have the opportunity to read your first six chapter of this story all in one go. Otherwise, I would’ve have been absolutely devastated by your cliffie!
HOS70 chapter 3 . 7/3/2011
Well, if Sherlock thinks he’s a genius, John clearly isn’t that far behind – in the game of seduction anyway. John knows Sherlock so well and he knows how to play him. Respect! I also love his inner cockiness, knowing that – given the chance – he could convince Sherlock that sex with him, John, is something to very much like.

Ah, yes, John giving Sherlock a puzzle to solve, the puzzle of John, how very clever. Nothing draws in Sherlock’s attention more than a good puzzle. Is that the strategically skilled soldier acting here?

I thought it hilarious how Sherlock suddenly apparated behind John to touch his finger to John’s dimple. Fair play to John for simply freezing; I probably would’ve jumped a mile high! Must go, must read on!
HOS70 chapter 2 . 7/3/2011
Only chapter two and I’m already so into this story. It’s so well written.

I’m smiling widely at John, not necessarily playing hard to get but certainly being a very cool cucumber whilst Sherlock is clearly somewhat rattled, coming up with little more than “things” and “oh”. Hahaha. With his nonchalance, John certainly seems to make himself more attractive to an obviously intrigued Sherlock. I love this!

Oh, also, I think I would positively hate to be a London cabbie. To imagine your passenger suddenly starting a conversation with “I don’t like to have sex.” I’d say I would definitely crash the cab. Or perhaps I would already be used to being privy to the most unexpected occurrences? Anyway, this was most excellent! Must hurry onwards to chapter three!
49 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »