Reviews for Memorium
Xiaou Nem chapter 1 . 4/22
Interesting and heartbreaking. Yes, memory charms are treated pretty callously and superficially in the books. Your examination is thorough and moral.
Catharmel chapter 1 . 3/30
A very interesting read... Although, I liked the beginning the best; I feel like the tone set by that didn't quite match the ending. To be honest, I was expecting something a little more revolutionary.
Vercingetorix1234 chapter 1 . 3/7
This is a very good story. I liked the scrutiny of how the wizards use Obliviate so often with barely any thought. The Statute of Secrecy in general seemed like a bad idea in modern times. The only complaint I have is that the Aurors could have used the hair they found in a polyjuice potion to figure out who the Death Eater was without getting Joanna involved.
readerboy7 chapter 1 . 12/31/2014
This was a good story. It emphasizes the problems with the memory charm, etc.
There are some problems, though. Firstly, you misspelled Azkaban as Azkhaban seven times.
Secondly, the transfiguration of Joanna into a cat contradicts information from Quidditch Through the Ages. The book states that transfiguring people into animals gives them the mind of the animal. Not something many of your readers care about, though.
The third problem is the wizard bashing. I highly doubt that one random muggle would be able to see through all the lies that many wizards believe, and I get the feeling that Azkaban isn't the only wizarding prison under British domain (The only people known to have been put in Azkaban were believed to be either murderers or Death Eaters. Where do they put the thieves and the like). However, I will concede that this story was meant to prove a point, not stand up to a microscope, and the narrative was gripping.
guest chapter 1 . 9/29/2014
Liked this story, LOVED the ending
JBean210 chapter 1 . 8/30/2014
This story is not the worst fanfic ever, as the review before mine said. In fact, I think this fic was very good, well written and interesting. I think you showed that ideas that we tend to take for granted as a part of Harry Potter's world would not be well-received if we looked at them from a non-magical perspective.

I felt sorry for Joanna's situation and for the ordeal she had to endure to escape the Ministry and its hidebound rules about secrecy. Amelia, Susan and Fudge were right in character. I thought Dumbledore was a bit "off," but he is a hard character to write.

All in all, a wonderful read, and this coming from a writer who rarely gives out reviews, much less glowing ones. Don't let the naysayers wear you down!

John
Guest chapter 1 . 8/27/2014
This is the worst fanfiction ever!
Noxious-Fics chapter 1 . 7/31/2014
I like how you address the ethics/politics around obliviation. Also seeing the wide cast was interesting.
64teeth chapter 1 . 6/12/2014
Wow, great story, very originwl, well written and from unusual pov :-). I loved it:-)
PeacefulMaelstrom chapter 1 . 4/25/2014
super poignant and totally believable, really well written
GJMEGA chapter 1 . 1/9/2014
When you said "Come back and bite them" I assumed you meant /actual/ repercussions not a temporary inconvenience and a few people coming to doubt the morality of memory charms. As a story on its own it is very good. As a story based on the premise that oblivating people left and right will cause real problems for the wizarding world it is a great disappointment. Although I freely admit that it was my own preconceived notions regarding what the story would be about that led to my disappointment. I had rather hoped that by the end the muggles would catch on to what was happening and the Statute of Secrecy would fall, instead in the end it's business as usual for the wizarding world with only a minor hiccup along the way. All in all a good story, just not quite what was advertised.
Taly-chan chapter 1 . 12/27/2013
Words fail me. I.. That... Damn *shudders*
Mostly, I think I feel sad.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/10/2013
I'm afraid I've had to stop reading, your story has way too many inconsistencies. Why not taking the hair and use it in a polyjuice potion, they can gind out who it is without the muggle crap. Why not use veritaserum and obliviate. There is no need for all the crap you put, its onky for the plot, actually think of real solutions. If you go with your current plot, explain why you cant use polyjuice or veritaserum!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/10/2013
Use polyjuice on the hair pobbsokved
AnthonyR89 chapter 1 . 11/22/2013
Interesting story, however, your facts are a little off. assuming you're using the cannon timeline, then it couldn't have been the summer after Susan's 3rd year. she's in the same year as Harry. meaning 4th year minimum.