Reviews for Memorium
lyssipe chapter 1 . 11/15/2016
this story is amazing
anothersignalman chapter 1 . 10/29/2016
About 1/4 of the way through, and loose strands of hair are a common theme. Why not use polyjuice?
old-crow chapter 1 . 9/19/2016
Hi,

Sadly depressing, but very well written.

Thank you for sharing your story.

Old-Crow
thepkrmgc chapter 1 . 6/30/2016
obliviation is horrific on many levels, the dresden files wizards are right to have the death penalty for memory modification like that
Rael Kertia chapter 1 . 1/30/2016
You know what? I absolutely loved this story because it shows, in no small way, one of the many reasons why a magical community shouldn't exist; why it wouldn't be as fun and fantasy like as many imagine. I remember being a child reading the first Harry Potter book and wishing so hard it was real and witches and wizards existed... A cute dream for a kid, but a nightmare from a realistic point of view. It is human nature to be evil. Humans always find excuses to deem themselves as superior to others, based on ridiculous notions such as superiority due to skin color, religion and so on. What if part of humanity was magical? The non magical would be treated like subhuman, like animals, like trash. So though the books are quite an adventure, I'm very happy the story is over once I close them.
Starfox5 chapter 1 . 1/25/2016
Chilling story, though a very unsatisfying ending. All the evil bastards get away, nothing is changed, and justice is only meted out in exceptional cases, and by breaking inhuman law, instead of breaking an inhuman system.
RafeFallstar chapter 1 . 11/24/2015
This is very good. It doesn't become a grand epic about the fall of a society, or a full-scale biography. It is a nice sized short story that examines the problems of a society and human nature. This belongs in a FanFic version of a short story anthology. (You know, the kind that selects for merit.)
Guest chapter 1 . 11/6/2015
The allergy to magic is pulled out of the author’s ass to make the girl immune to legal obliviations. Likewise Bones was given an idiot ball to swear an Unbreakable Oath where a simple Confundus or Veritaserum would’ve sufficed.
SortingHat chapter 1 . 10/18/2015
Good idea but what about chapters? This is all one big long text like you did it from your smart phone. Yuck!
Ezmerelda chapter 1 . 9/30/2015
Very disturbing. But that's what you get when you dig beneath the surface of the Harry Potter universe. Sure, magic's cool an everything, but just look at their attitudes toward non magical people. Even the most pro muggle character (Arthur Weasley) treats Muggles as very clever animals.

Good story, well-written, I only noticed one problem: If Amelia poured over her book, it would get wet. The correct word is pored. Thanks for writing! -"-
Karinta chapter 1 . 8/21/2015
A very, very well thought-out story. Kudos to you for the sheer depth of the concept and plot.
Osmodious chapter 1 . 6/8/2015
Very good story...I would have liked to have seen some comeuppance for Fudge and his Fudgelets, but I know that isn't realistic. Thanks for posting!
blariviere chapter 1 . 5/27/2015
A world like this wouldn't make it past 2010 before a camera or phone broke the Statue of Secrecy like an egg.
Xiaou Nem chapter 1 . 4/22/2015
Interesting and heartbreaking. Yes, memory charms are treated pretty callously and superficially in the books. Your examination is thorough and moral.
Catharmel chapter 1 . 3/30/2015
A very interesting read... Although, I liked the beginning the best; I feel like the tone set by that didn't quite match the ending. To be honest, I was expecting something a little more revolutionary.