Reviews for Memorium
RafeFallstar chapter 1 . 11/24
This is very good. It doesn't become a grand epic about the fall of a society, or a full-scale biography. It is a nice sized short story that examines the problems of a society and human nature. This belongs in a FanFic version of a short story anthology. (You know, the kind that selects for merit.)
The allergy to magic is pulled out of the author’s ass to make the girl immune to legal obliviations. Likewise Bones was given an idiot ball to swear an Unbreakable Oath where a simple Confundus or Veritaserum would’ve sufficed.
SortingHat chapter 1 . 10/18
Good idea but what about chapters? This is all one big long text like you did it from your smart phone. Yuck!
Ezmerelda chapter 1 . 9/30
Very disturbing. But that's what you get when you dig beneath the surface of the Harry Potter universe. Sure, magic's cool an everything, but just look at their attitudes toward non magical people. Even the most pro muggle character (Arthur Weasley) treats Muggles as very clever animals.

Good story, well-written, I only noticed one problem: If Amelia poured over her book, it would get wet. The correct word is pored. Thanks for writing! -"-
Karinta chapter 1 . 8/21
A very, very well thought-out story. Kudos to you for the sheer depth of the concept and plot.
Osmodious chapter 1 . 6/8
Very good story...I would have liked to have seen some comeuppance for Fudge and his Fudgelets, but I know that isn't realistic. Thanks for posting!
blariviere chapter 1 . 5/27
A world like this wouldn't make it past 2010 before a camera or phone broke the Statue of Secrecy like an egg.
Xiaou Nem chapter 1 . 4/22
Interesting and heartbreaking. Yes, memory charms are treated pretty callously and superficially in the books. Your examination is thorough and moral.
Catharmel chapter 1 . 3/30
A very interesting read... Although, I liked the beginning the best; I feel like the tone set by that didn't quite match the ending. To be honest, I was expecting something a little more revolutionary.
Vercingetorix1234 chapter 1 . 3/7
This is a very good story. I liked the scrutiny of how the wizards use Obliviate so often with barely any thought. The Statute of Secrecy in general seemed like a bad idea in modern times. The only complaint I have is that the Aurors could have used the hair they found in a polyjuice potion to figure out who the Death Eater was without getting Joanna involved.
readerboy7 chapter 1 . 12/31/2014
This was a good story. It emphasizes the problems with the memory charm, etc.
There are some problems, though. Firstly, you misspelled Azkaban as Azkhaban seven times.
Secondly, the transfiguration of Joanna into a cat contradicts information from Quidditch Through the Ages. The book states that transfiguring people into animals gives them the mind of the animal. Not something many of your readers care about, though.
The third problem is the wizard bashing. I highly doubt that one random muggle would be able to see through all the lies that many wizards believe, and I get the feeling that Azkaban isn't the only wizarding prison under British domain (The only people known to have been put in Azkaban were believed to be either murderers or Death Eaters. Where do they put the thieves and the like). However, I will concede that this story was meant to prove a point, not stand up to a microscope, and the narrative was gripping.
guest chapter 1 . 9/29/2014
Liked this story, LOVED the ending
JBean210 chapter 1 . 8/30/2014
This story is not the worst fanfic ever, as the review before mine said. In fact, I think this fic was very good, well written and interesting. I think you showed that ideas that we tend to take for granted as a part of Harry Potter's world would not be well-received if we looked at them from a non-magical perspective.

I felt sorry for Joanna's situation and for the ordeal she had to endure to escape the Ministry and its hidebound rules about secrecy. Amelia, Susan and Fudge were right in character. I thought Dumbledore was a bit "off," but he is a hard character to write.

All in all, a wonderful read, and this coming from a writer who rarely gives out reviews, much less glowing ones. Don't let the naysayers wear you down!

Guest chapter 1 . 8/27/2014
This is the worst fanfiction ever!
Noxious-Fics chapter 1 . 7/31/2014
I like how you address the ethics/politics around obliviation. Also seeing the wide cast was interesting.