Reviews for Memorium
AnthonyR89 chapter 1 . 11/22/2013
Interesting story, however, your facts are a little off. assuming you're using the cannon timeline, then it couldn't have been the summer after Susan's 3rd year. she's in the same year as Harry. meaning 4th year minimum.
Andrius chapter 1 . 11/17/2013
Well written and rather depressing story with good foundations in canon. I mean, even Hermione wiped the memory of her own parents and sent them to Australia. It's quite messed up when you look at it from the Muggle perspective.
LoeraHaram chapter 1 . 9/15/2013
This was an amazing piece of fiction!
I always enjoy reading fanfics that focuses on the structural issues within the wizarding society.
Keep up the good work :)
JonAndCompanyOffToFightTheDead chapter 1 . 8/1/2013
Good one.
Brooklyn Byrne chapter 1 . 7/17/2013
THIS IS AMAZING! IT IS SO CREATIVE AND COMPELLING AND REALLY GET'S THE MUGGLE'S PERSPECTIVE!
You did an amazing job on Joanna's and Amelia's characters, and Brinsley's. What was really great was that you could really see both sides to every argument between them. You see the flaws of the wizarding world in a much harsher relief, while still getting why the flaws are so needed. AWESOME
Loserslurgy chapter 1 . 7/10/2013
Wow, this story put the entire Harry Potter universe into a new light for me. I never realised the possible repercussions of 'Obliviate' for muggles. You have written a brilliant piece:)
nytlyt chapter 1 . 6/27/2013
An awesome read! You're an amazing storyteller, I actually was getting angry as I read this.
1sunfun chapter 1 . 6/23/2013
Nice.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/22/2013
Very thoughtful fiction.
tanithlipsky chapter 1 . 4/30/2013
oh damn. this was horrifying. Obliviate is a horrible spell and should be an unforgivable.
Rosa Mundi chapter 1 . 4/27/2013
Ouch. I completely agree, but ouch anyway.
Fyreheart chapter 1 . 4/10/2013
This is an incredibly chilling read.

I remember being appalled originally when I first read about how the Ministry of Magic routinely destroyed the memories of non-magicals in Rowling's stories. After all, non-magicals are lesser beings unworthy of respect or consideration, right?

That is one of the reasons I have become a fan of the "Harry walks away" stories when the wholesale corruption, prejudice and callousness becomes too much.
Covante chapter 1 . 4/8/2013
A very good and well written story. Successfully weaving multiple layers into a plot isn't something we get to see in fics very often.

I do have a question though. Why don't they take one of the blonde hairs they recovered and put it in some polyjuice then have an auror drink it and see if anybody recognizes the person he turns into? You'd have to keep a tight control of who was allowed in the room of course, but she had those select trusted aurors and could have let them take a look. They also aparently had some sort of wizarding mugbook if no one recognized him right off the bat. That seems like it should be a fairly standard procedure for situations like that, I think it works with other body parts as well not just hair so they could do it with a blood trail, or the scrapings from under an assault victims fingernail.
Actually that sounds much too effective for the Wizengamot to allow it to be legal and/or admissible. All it would take would be the first time some man Auror turns into someone important's wife and they'd be claming it was an unforgivable violations of Lady Someone's privacy; and "This deviant and aberrant practice must not be allowed to continue!"
Ciekawa Osoba chapter 1 . 3/4/2013
Disturbing and thought-provoking in equal measure.
twistyguru chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
A wonderfully morbid and twisted story, with an ambiguous ending that is extremely well done.
I did enjoy seeing things from the Muggle perspective, especially how mind-raping them and all the other shenanigans the wizards do (mostly from sheer ignorance) can wreck innocent lives beyond the ability of even magic to repair.
I'd be interested to see a follow-up, years later, when a vengeful Joanna comes back to raise complete and total hell on the wizarding world. It would take years and years to acquire the resources and build the organization, but knowing about the wizarding world she'd be able to begin looking for others whose lives were destroyed by stupid magicals.
You might even have a jaded, disgusted Harry Potter join her at some point, to drag the wizarding world into the light and impose some real accountability on it. Just a thought...
117 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »