Reviews for Memorium
X-elemental chapter 1 . 4/1/2012
This reminds me: Cacao/bananas/Nike boots : Real-world examples of this double-standard. Add the consideration of free-market rules where others have to match prices, and well...Truly, makes you think about how people KNOW and do nothing.
CordeliaHunter chapter 1 . 3/28/2012
I'm a bit confused about the ending - Did Dumbledore obliviate Everett? But what if Dumbledore is questioned under Veritaserum? Or did they both obliviate themselves?
Aimee1994 chapter 1 . 2/28/2012
love it.
Half-BPrincess chapter 1 . 2/15/2012
This story is amazing, there's no other way to say it. I read it, then had to go back and reread it. I've seen smaller diatribes on the 'Obliviate' charm, but none of them seem to personalise the issue the way you have with your inventive character of Joanna, with whom it is particularly easy to empathise. The most poignant thing about it, however, is Dumbledore's usage of the charm to cover Joanna's escape, a twisted irony. I love the way that the magicals don't seem to care for the 'lowly Muggle', and Joanna's attitude is spot on. All in all, a wonderful read that I'm sure I'll come back to and a haunting convenance of the morals that the wizarding world appears to lack - but what more than a fable could be expected from Aesop? Bravo.
dialNforNinja chapter 1 . 1/11/2012
A very succinct microcosm of the Potter books: Wizard society is deeply corrupt and so riddled with evil that even the "good guys" accept it as standard proceedure, the few who do notice are powerless to efect any meaningful change, and true to that the protagonist escapes by luck and a deus ex and the stage is set for the next repetition. Add to that, Amelia is dead in a month or two and Dumbledore in a year, so absolutely nothing's to come of that Unbreakable Vow either. On the other hand, you can at least do basic maths and use a bit of logic, so that puts it at least a half-step above the canon. Still doesn't change that the only way to fix the wizarding world is to smash it and rebuild from scratch.

- dNN
TharzZzDunN chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
A very good little story, thanks for sharing!
Wenxi chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
This was really scary. It did an amazing job showing the problems with how wizards think. Amazing job.
ironhair chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
Wow... an interesting tale.

Just took time to get used to the non-canon characters.

3.75/5.
Raven3182 chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
Great story! I loved your exploration of the moral problems present in the world of Harry Potter. The British Wizarding World is not a very upstanding place. Obliviation is probably the one thing about their world that has the most potential for wide-ranging abuse. You managed to show case that fact while still managing to keep everyone in character and without making any of the "good guys" into blantant villians. Good writing. Well done. Thanks for writing!
LoireLoa chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
I kinda wanted her to go to the Crown with her accusations, or the press.
ellesra chapter 1 . 11/9/2011
Yay, awesome! :D This was really, really good, and very realistically done. Well written!
HeyI'mTalkingToYou chapter 1 . 11/2/2011
Wow. This is really artfully done. I love your examination of the real repercussions of the divide between the Wizarding world and the Muggle world, and Joanna's opinions of wizarding society were true, but a little sad. Thanks for a good read.
lipasnape chapter 1 . 11/2/2011
Interesting. I expected a bigger backlash, but, this is good, too. Some details were unnecessarily wrong canonwise and it is harmful to the story. I almost gave it up at that point. I mean, alterations are necessary in almost any fanfiction, but those not necessary speak of lack of knowledge, and that is inexcusable.

Summer after Susan's (and Harry's) third year does not have Voldemort able to punish his followers. Oh, well.
ParvisSira chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
This was brilliant! I loved the look at what the impact of oblivation is. Absolutely lovely!
ginnylovesluna chapter 1 . 10/22/2011