Reviews for Memorium
ellesra chapter 1 . 11/9/2011
Yay, awesome! :D This was really, really good, and very realistically done. Well written!
HeyI'mTalkingToYou chapter 1 . 11/2/2011
Wow. This is really artfully done. I love your examination of the real repercussions of the divide between the Wizarding world and the Muggle world, and Joanna's opinions of wizarding society were true, but a little sad. Thanks for a good read.
lipasnape chapter 1 . 11/2/2011
Interesting. I expected a bigger backlash, but, this is good, too. Some details were unnecessarily wrong canonwise and it is harmful to the story. I almost gave it up at that point. I mean, alterations are necessary in almost any fanfiction, but those not necessary speak of lack of knowledge, and that is inexcusable.

Summer after Susan's (and Harry's) third year does not have Voldemort able to punish his followers. Oh, well.
ParvisSira chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
This was brilliant! I loved the look at what the impact of oblivation is. Absolutely lovely!
ginnylovesluna chapter 1 . 10/22/2011
Too long fell asleep.
wolfwhispers chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
This has to be one of the most intense fics I've ever read. It made me unsure who to root for and who to truly hate (aside from Fudge). I'm looking forward to reading all your other stories.
dreadis chapter 1 . 8/31/2011
this story was insane...in an awesome kind of way

like the things that it makes you think about from potterverse

with memory mods and everything
Kudou Shinichi chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
This story was done so right.
iopgod chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
Excellent story, thanks!
Anon chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
You can nuke anonymous reviews, right? Please remove my previous one as well as any memories you may have of it. I accidentally hit submit before I was actually finished typing.

I found this story via the spacebattles Harry Potter recommendations thread. I must say, this is the first HP fanfic that I would unreservedly recommend to my friends IRL.

It has an interesting premise that resonates with my thoughts on Ministry 'problem solving', and combines that with sympathetic characters and solid execution. I'm not sure where I heard that short stories, like jokes, should have a punchline. I don't know if that's true, but it appeals to my taste. Like all my favorite short stories, Memorium has a very nice punchline.

I'm definitely going to remember this story.
Anon chapter 1 . 8/5/2011

Lord Sia chapter 1 . 7/30/2011
Brilliant. Your nom de plume is well chosen indeed.
valedicere chapter 1 . 7/29/2011
How very disturbing. (I mean this in a good way, believe it or not.) I'm actually getting very riled about a situation that does not exist. You aptly point out the flaws with the Wizarding World using Obliviation as a standard operating procedure. It's not precisely a new thought to me, but the drama involved certainly heightens the terrifying quality of the problem. The ending is especially chilling. The beginnings of understanding, but not enough to merit change. It's utterly terrible to think about, and I think you did a superb job.
Voakands chapter 1 . 7/28/2011
Excellent story. Just one thing comes to mind - this was mentioned by a fellow reviewer on a forum,that the headmaster is old enough to have considered all angles of the argument many times over. Moreover given his age, he should be experienced enough to understand why the Wizarding World must stay hidden at any cost. Or if not, it's hard to believe that after Ariana's torture and subsequent disability by cruel Muggle boys, he would be even somewhat swayed by Joanna's arguments. He's had enough time to reflect on that, at least.
MommyMayI chapter 1 . 7/26/2011
writen very well. fun and exciting.
91 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »