Reviews for Memorium
ginnylovesluna chapter 1 . 10/22/2011
Too long fell asleep.
wolfwhispers chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
This has to be one of the most intense fics I've ever read. It made me unsure who to root for and who to truly hate (aside from Fudge). I'm looking forward to reading all your other stories.
dreadis chapter 1 . 8/31/2011
this story was insane...in an awesome kind of way

like the things that it makes you think about from potterverse

with memory mods and everything
Kudou Shinichi chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
This story was done so right.
iopgod chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
Excellent story, thanks!
Anon chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
You can nuke anonymous reviews, right? Please remove my previous one as well as any memories you may have of it. I accidentally hit submit before I was actually finished typing.

I found this story via the spacebattles Harry Potter recommendations thread. I must say, this is the first HP fanfic that I would unreservedly recommend to my friends IRL.

It has an interesting premise that resonates with my thoughts on Ministry 'problem solving', and combines that with sympathetic characters and solid execution. I'm not sure where I heard that short stories, like jokes, should have a punchline. I don't know if that's true, but it appeals to my taste. Like all my favorite short stories, Memorium has a very nice punchline.

I'm definitely going to remember this story.
Anon chapter 1 . 8/5/2011

Lord Sia chapter 1 . 7/30/2011
Brilliant. Your nom de plume is well chosen indeed.
valedicere chapter 1 . 7/29/2011
How very disturbing. (I mean this in a good way, believe it or not.) I'm actually getting very riled about a situation that does not exist. You aptly point out the flaws with the Wizarding World using Obliviation as a standard operating procedure. It's not precisely a new thought to me, but the drama involved certainly heightens the terrifying quality of the problem. The ending is especially chilling. The beginnings of understanding, but not enough to merit change. It's utterly terrible to think about, and I think you did a superb job.
Voakands chapter 1 . 7/28/2011
Excellent story. Just one thing comes to mind - this was mentioned by a fellow reviewer on a forum,that the headmaster is old enough to have considered all angles of the argument many times over. Moreover given his age, he should be experienced enough to understand why the Wizarding World must stay hidden at any cost. Or if not, it's hard to believe that after Ariana's torture and subsequent disability by cruel Muggle boys, he would be even somewhat swayed by Joanna's arguments. He's had enough time to reflect on that, at least.
MommyMayI chapter 1 . 7/26/2011
writen very well. fun and exciting.
Stella chapter 1 . 7/26/2011
Nice story...Although this is not the point of your story...an obvious way to preserve her memories and avoid Azkaban would be to use the loophole in the Statute of Secrecy that is available for Muggles married to/or parents of wizards. It could have occurred to Madam Bones as a matter of last resort..A marriage of convenience and divorce which in the muggle world would have been all too common later after couple of years would atleast have been better than throwing an innocent person in Azkaban. Actually for a moment that was what I thought the Muggle born auror was going to volunteer for, as he felt partially responsible.

And then Joanna could work covertly to expose the wizarding world's atrocities by writing a fiction series for muggles (that thought sprung up from the use of the name Jo).

And if she managed to convince her father (an MP), he would surely have access and an audience to one of the legally unobliviatable muggles, the Prime Minister himself.

Ah well, I allowed my imagination to run away from me in another direction entirely...the possibilities generated by your story are very good.
Slytherin66 chapter 1 . 7/24/2011
This was a very interesting and well done story.

The use of memory charms would always be risky with a hight chance of abuse Lockheart showed that but given how the Ministry treats muggles and non-pure bloods it makes sense that they would not care how magic was kept secret as long as it was.

I agreed with Joanna and felt very sorry for her I am glad she is free and safe even if she lost and suffered so much.
Darklooshkin chapter 1 . 7/24/2011
I wonder just how the wizarding world intends to deal with security cameras? For one thing, i doubt there's an electronic equipment equivalent of the obliviate spell. For another, the UK is littered with security cameras and electronic surveillance networks, a lot of which are in private hands. In the 21st century, obliviation would not be enough, especially if people started posting "Jedi sightings" on youtube and facebook...

And "The ministry of magic, boldly rising to meet the challenges of the 19th century". Best summation of Magical Britain's government ever. Good fic overall. Enjoyed it.
Luan Mao chapter 1 . 7/24/2011
Quite a good story. I especially like the rather ambiguous ending, with nothing really changed, nothing really fixed, and Joanna basically screwed over but doing the best she can with what's offered her. And her reactions to the unfolding garbage of the wizarding world were spot-on, I think.

About the only thing I can think of to object to is that you posted it as one large chapter rather than, say, three 10k chapters for easier reading. And as criticisms go, that's a pretty mild one. (The lack of section breaks I lay entirely at FFN's feet.)

Regards,