Reviews for Welcome Back, Carter
Evenmoor chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
I absolutely love this story, particularly the scene between Hogan and Carter. I could hear their voices in my head - beautifully well done! ("Fantastic operation!") Also, nice explanation for the change in rank. (I can just see a fic now: "The Other Lt. Carter"!)
ColHogan chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
Loved this! From the opening line to the very end. Especially loved the exchange between Carter and Hogan and could feel how exasperated Hogan was becoming trying to keep Carter on focus as to what he was talking about. Great job explaining how Carter came to return back to Stalag 13 as well. Overall great job.
Deana chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
ROTFLOLOL! This was great, and perfectly in character for a Carter situation! LOLOL!

Since no one mentioned in their reviews the funny similarity in your title and an old tv show, I will: 'Welcome Back, Carter' sounds just like 'Welcome Back, Kotter' the way we New Englander's talk. LOL!
inhonoredglory chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
Hey that we me below. Don't know what happened here...
Guest chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
Oh, boy, what a voice! I thought it was Carter at first, but as Kinch, it's an interesting change. The start was fantastic! From how he described Lebeau to Newkirk and his ramble on the girl.

LOL! "as though it had suffered some irreparable damage from contact with a POW" Perfectly funny explanation for an action so natural.

The conversation between Carter and Hogan was perfect comedy and characterization. Poor Carter - and Hogan! I like all those "Carter!" by Hogan. So typical.

Oh my, the scene about rank. I was wondering how you were going to explain that. Carter's explanation was spot-on as a character.

LOL! The 2nd-to-last scene. "That's what I'm afraid of." Just enough narrative and dialogue for perfect mock heroism and comedy.

I just loved the witty voice that oozes out of this one. Brought joy in my heart :) Thanks, Sgt. Moffitt. That was really great.
Marie1964 chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
This was a great story. I could see Hogan being exasperated as he tried to get Carter to stay on topic during the conversation- very classic. Also, like another reviewer said, since Kinch is one of the most underused Heroes it was great to see a story from his perspective.

And I really loved the last paragraph, as well as the two preceding lines.
Canadian Hogan's Fan chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant! You had me from that killer opening line, (or should I say insane?) to that "explosive" end, which were two of my favourite lines. (That an the 500 satisfied customers.)

There are so many things I like about this. First of all, I love that you chose to focus on Kinch. He's probably one of the most underused Heroes on the fandom, and to see him written in first person is rare. I love his voice in this, which has more personality in it than what you really see in the series. The little touches of French and English history are a real treat, as well as Kinch reflecting on a past "peach."

I love how you got Carter back in, and how you explain the Lieutenant/Sergeant change. The dialogue between all the characters are classic, particularly between Hogan and Carter. I could actually see this playing out in my head, that's how good your descriptions were.

I'm really glad you followed up the original story, but took in a completely different direction. Thank you for a great read.
Bits And Pieces chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
Wow, thanks for writing this! I love how Carter ended up returning, and the way you explained the change of rank made sense. I also enjoyed seeing it from Kinch's perspective; you did a great job with that. And I especially loved the title; it couldn't have been more appropriate. (Who'd a thought Carter's thoughts would lead him back there, where they need him?) LOL!
hogan macgyver chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
I'm so glad you expanded this and wrote it from Kinch's point of view. It's really tricky doing that and you did it wonderfully! You certainly captured Carter and having him come into camp as an old man is a great idea. Poor Hogan trying to talk to him was funny. I was feeling sorry for him. Great job!
Jennaya chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
I love it. First person is difficult to do, but you managed perfectly. Carter has a lot of hidden talents and I can see that scaring the Colonel a bit.

Hogan out of his mind or ahead of his time - brilliant

I liked how Hogan went from Carter! to Carter... a plea.
buggleston chapter 1 . 6/22/2011
Happy you continued this story from missing the boat.I loved how Carter showed his smarts by using his German and a disguise in order to make contact at Stalag 13 Also I enjoyed the story from Kinch's point of view . Well done
26 | « Prev Page 1 2