Reviews for Freudian
J.J chapter 20 . 6/18
I read this story about a year ago, and now, after rereading it a second time, I think I should give credit and review it.

I don't normally enjoy modern AU stories, because many authors tend to botch up the characterization, and don't stay true to the characters (which I believe is one of the most important parts of a story). However, this story was excellent in how despite being a modern AU, you still managed to retain a semblance to the original story, and most importantly, managed to maintain alignment with the characters' original attitudes/traits.

Sometimes I was a bit creeped at how Rapunzel would imagine Pascal, but I suppose her being a little crazy is in line with her character.

Overall, I really liked the story, and it's sad that you haven't updated in a while. It's one of the best Tangled fictions out there.

A side note: In one of the chapters, when rapunzel talks about her evil "mother," she mentions that she stole from her. I didn't really take notice of this on my first read, and I know that you're probably not going to finish this story. But would I be correct in saying that you planned for her to eventually reveal that she killed Gothel? This is just my conjecture, but the ambiguous way you wrote that line down made me think of that.
Tophlet chapter 20 . 6/1
It has almost been four years since you began this story so I'd like to congratulate you on its success! Now, I'm not entirely sure how you measure success with these things (followers? Reviews? Favorites?) but what I do know is that what you've written made me feel very intensely. Parts of Flynn's sessions hit so closely to my heart that it's helping me to think through a situation I'm currently in which kind of takes my breath away. The nature of the story itself is incredibly personal, so maybe you aren't surprised; but a piece of literature which lays out a piece of your soul, raw and bare but cradled and protected, is special. Thanks for writing it.
Go to bed chapter 13 . 4/27
Best. Fic. Ever.
Angelika chapter 20 . 4/26
This story is honestly amazing. I found it today and I've read through the whole thing ((balling my eyes out half the time)). I've never really looked into Tangled fanfiction but this story makes me want to check some out. I'm kind of sad that I'm invested in this story now, considering that it hasn't been updated in about 3 years. I hope this maybe gives you a teensy weensy bit of inspiration to keep writing it? Who knows.
MacLurcken chapter 20 . 4/9
[Review of entire work.]

So adorable I died. 17/10 would die again.

For real though, I am thoroughly impressed. Psychoanalysis elements were brilliant, writing was solid, character development was, just, flabbergastingly good. Full of genuine feels and a powerful invoker of emotion. Relate-able, painful, beautiful. Stellar adaptation of the subject matter; if the names of the main characters weren't the same, and if it wasn't categorised as such, I might not have recognised it straight away as Tangled at all. Cheers to you, noble writing soul, and thank you for this twenty-chapter bundle of delight.

Addendum: I vowed to quote a line from the one who recommended I read this -
"Lo, I am Jarod, destroyer of fanfiction cherries."
He was referring, of course, to my fanfiction virginity. Or, rather, my recently lost (destroyed?) fanfiction virginity.
Rikotsu chapter 20 . 4/1
Hope you'll continue this c:
yeop chapter 20 . 3/22
This is such a gorgeous story. You've done a fantastic job with it.
fantsyfreak chapter 17 . 2/24
This... this is a brilliant character analysis...
Anonymous chapter 20 . 2/2
This is such a cute and very well written story! You did a really good job in translating the characters to the modern world! I love it :)
This is awesome!
BillyJay936 chapter 1 . 1/31
I enjoyed this fic a lot back in the day, being that it showed how one my favorite ships had to work themselves out better before committing to each other. Great work!
pancakevampire chapter 20 . 1/16
This is hands down the cutest thing I have ever read. Kudos to you and your talent!
Peeca151 chapter 20 . 1/8
I am absolutely, completely in LOVE with this story. I know it has been a long time, but this take on Rapunzel is by FAR my favorite Tangled fanfiction. Although it appears you have long-abandoned this story, I'm going to keep following it in hope that one day I get an emil notifying me that you have updated it, so... please update it. ;)

Anyways, thank you so very much for writing this awesome story. It's so quirky and sweet and great and agh I cannot even grasp the right words for the life of me- it's THAT good.

Sincerely,

Your fan, Olivia
EverydayWhimsy chapter 20 . 1/1
I know it's probably pretty unlikely, considering how long it has been since this fic was updated, but I really hope I get more of this piece soon. This is my second time reading it, and I'm just completely in love.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/26/2014
I was so happily surprised by this fic. I was raptured by it and stayed up reading til almost 2 am. A first as I was worried because of th M rating, but I think is one of the real M rated fics on this site, if you look at the guidelines. All the super smutty ones are supposed to be rate MA anyway, and yours was wonderfully appropriate for adults but not at all smutty and unnecessarily graphic. The chapter with the random girl was perfectly fitting to his personality and struggle, and frankly real life. I loved that the whole thing was from his perspective and we saw his growth. Your writing was fabulous, and I enjoyed the way it ended: simple, cute, romantic. I bet everyone was expecting a smutty finish but I applaud you for keeping with the storyline. I will definitely check to see if you ever update though and check out your other fics. Definitely one of the best fics I've read on this site. I applaud your genius.
1,150 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »