Reviews for this gun's for hire
Leana chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
that wasn't boring, that was really nice to read :)
Sandiane Carter chapter 1 . 6/24/2011
"Boring", really? You're a little too hard on yourself.

I loved this. And besides, you gave us a delightful kiss between Castle and Beckett, so, I mean, no complaints here.

I think you did a great job of capturing the ways their relationship, on and off the job, may or may not slightly change in season 4. And I really like that your Beckett confided in him that she felt like she didn't know how to do this anymore. She's been more and more open with him in season 3, and that last scene just felt right to me.

Love all the random, sweet moments - their going for a walk in a storm, the bit when Castle says he's almost forgotten what it was like to see her smile. Wonderful, really. If you want to write more... I'll definitely read it ;-).
karamarieross chapter 1 . 6/24/2011
Probably would have been more inclined to check out this story had that been the title haha I really enjoyed this. It wasn't bad at all.
Jill-in-the-Box chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
great job! i like how there's not so much of a plot here, just little glimpses into the day-to-day as beckett tries to adapt to what's happened. i like how she's protective of him but comes off as snippy (kind of like how our parents yell at us because they care so much). a round of applause for not making the new captain a Looming Figure of Evil, just someone with a beckett-like disapproval of castle. :)

favorite parts: the gratuitous but oh so very enjoyable undercover kiss reprise (i'm sure castle didn't mind being put on the spot like that), double entendres (snicker), awkward radio music, how beckett calls castle out for NOT being sorry about josh, castle defusing tension with jokes (dr. motorcycle boy, "hanging out with a me and a bag of pretzels doesn't fill you with joy"), beckett accidentally mentioning montgomery (whimper), and the little exchange at the end where they call castle names and he gives her a shoulder nudge (aww).

thank you... study breaks are a lot better when i get to read good stories like yours!
Elaine chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
This is excellent. I'd love to see her stun him with a kiss on the show, cover or not. Oh, one thing. I'm pretty sure Beckett was shot in the chest, not the stomach. Please keep writing.
pkl chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
Quite ouch, but very interesting.

Looking forward to your next story!
fialka62 chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
Oh, excellent. There's nothing boring about this at all, it's very much a story, like flashes of lightning inside the storm of everything else going on Out There, where there are others to see, where they're not alone. And I love the lack of mush, I love Kate rigid and bitchy and not quite coping, and Castle not puppydogging her, but still determined to stick around. I love the way the finale is there, in the background, but distant, not the same ground everyone else is covering. And I wonder about how amazing it would be if TPTB dared to let them be this edgy with each other, when all the fuss and the high drama are over, and there's just the day-to-day (well, or week-to-week) to get through.
GhostWriterLost chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
Very, very good and very, very plausible for early Season Four. Add in Castle trying to be protective of her and you've got the plot line for several ugly confrontations between these two.

Glad your Castle is smarter than most in fanfics and (a) knows better than to push too far in the final line; and (b) says 'anytime' rather than the oh-so-cliché 'always'.

Welcome back, i missed you and your well crafted narratives.
knittingeek chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
OH GAWD I loved this. It's so them...I giggled at your alternate title...nothing between them could ever be boring, this was delightful, sooooo what we all need right now. Feel free to add more thoughts. I've missed you ;o)
writinghasceased chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
Oh, hush. You're far too rough on yourself :). This was wonderful. I loved reading the almost rebuilding of their relationship/partnership along side of the rebuilding of Beckett. I adored the scene in the car about the storms and going for a walk; I could actually envision Castle's look on his face when she asked to go for a walk.

I also love the tag line to this; 'she trusts him less now.' it's almost a little heartbreaking when you think about it... She trusts him less because really, when it comes down to it, she trusts *herself* less.

This was beautiful :). Thankyou for writing it, and try not and stay away for so long next time :)

Peachy