Reviews for The Couple in the Aftermath
delia84 chapter 1 . 10/14/2012
I know you wrote this a while ago, but I'm just now finding it. Really well done, and clean writing. Hope you write more stories!
plume-d-imagination chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
The end with Booth's thought is soooo cute ! I have found your OS thanks to the site Bones Theory 3 OMG ! I'm going to read your other stories. I'm french so I can't say if you write well or not ... I'm not qualifate (is it the word ? ' ) for that ..

Love your interpretation of the scene though. Love the dialogues and the gesture... and the "I love you". Brennan is so cute. You do respect the characters, so I'm saying : GOOD JOB, miss !

Thank you for this beautiful moment with B&B

XOXO
jsq chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
This was just beautifully written. I especially loved how you set it up with the first section. This line in particular stood out to me: "Because that was the truth of her."
JMHaughey chapter 1 . 1/5/2012
Beautiful.

This - - "And once again, God, Fate, the Universe, something, had ripped away someone she had allowed herself to love.

And now he feared she would close herself off again"
eitoph chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
I'm so so woefully slow and all I can say is that it was my loss. This is just wonderfully written.

"And he knew, all too well, the tempest that followed such an experience.

And so, as he had gone about the business of investigating yet another wasted life, he had watched her for signs of the storm he knew was on the horizon.

And when it finally arrived, he was there; anchoring her as she cried for her student."

It's just the perfect description and the perfect interpretation of what happened. I love that we know he was looking out for her this way. All of the emotion that you show between them is just so rich and just perfect for that night, I was completely drawn in.

""I was just relieved that you and I would still have a chance to have our moment." She shook her head. "I don't want to have any regrets, Booth." She paused and swallowed hard, blinking back tears. "I don't want to be like Vincent, saying I'm not ready."

The night that had almost broken him."

The parallels here with DitP are powerful and artfully drawn. It's so satisfying to see them address that here.

The way they finally acknowledge their feelings is also SO satisfying. It addresses so many of the things that really need to be said and does it in this perfect Booth-y, Brennan-y way. I love these characters and you've written them well.

Fantastically done!
jenlovesbones chapter 1 . 10/16/2011
This was my favorite part:

"What we're about to do. It's about you and me. It's not about what happened today. It's not about anything outside of this room or this moment. This is about us. You and me. Right now. In our moment. I need to know that you know that."

Her lips curved in a lopsided smile. "I know, Booth." She slid her hands up into his hair to the back of his head. "Now," she said, pulling him towards her. "I believe the phrase is 'shut up and kiss me'."

I think the only thing I missed on the show was the moment where they acknowledged *this* - that it wasn't about being sad or proximity. It was about them. And it wasn't sad... they love each other and can be sad and laugh and take comfort all at the same time.

I also love you're take on her emotions... that it could have been Booth. It was supposed to be Booth. Excellent story! :)
nattylovesjordy chapter 1 . 10/3/2011
You are about to receive the longest review I've ever given on my phone. I'm not even sure it'll work. Anyways... WOW. I don't need to read any more to say that you are an amazingly talented writer.

"Now he was terrified that she would withdraw into that cocoon once again.

And take his heart with her when she did."

LOVE this metaphor. How great. And take his heart! How gut-wrenching.

(wow this is hard. Excuse errors).

"Hey. Look at me."

She didn't move.

I don't know why, but I LOVE this part. Maybe it's the simplicity, but it's awesome. Amazing.

"She looked into his eyes and he felt his heart clench at the tortured pain staring back at him."

Again. Tear my heart out. So wonderfully sad.

"She swallowed hard and her jaw shifted in the way it did when she was feeling hesitant and unsure. He loved that little tell."

Love the idea of the tell. Love the addition of it. Just LOVE this set of lines.

"So. That is what it's like." He shivered as her breath whispered across his skin.

I shivered too.

"He pressed another kiss to her hair and his final thought as he drifted off was that no matter how good they were, his dreams could never compare to the reality he held safe in his arms."

Mmm. What a line to end on!

Amazing. Like... I just wrote a paper for my literature class on the Sublime. Moving, elevated language, food for thought-all characteristics of the Sublime. I've experienced/seen all three here. Thank you so much.
RositaLG chapter 2 . 9/24/2011
WHAT? Not okay. *sighs* Okay, fine. I totally get it. It was perfect. How do you add to that? However, I want to see this B&B Hockey fic immediately. Seriously. Get on it. What do I have to do for your muse to work again? I'll do it. Not even kidding.
RositaLG chapter 1 . 9/24/2011
Um. Dead. I'm dead. I cannot even tell you the physical reactions I had while reading this. I tried via Twitter but here are the lines that did it:

"And he knew, all too well, the tempest that followed such an experience." - My line: "Aw, Booth!"

"And he cursed at God for the cruelty of it all." -Right? *sigh*

"Now he was terrified that she would withdraw into that cocoon once again. And take his heart with her when she did." -Oh no, poor Booth. Poor Brennan. :(

"Because that was the truth of her." Holy Hell. This girl is good. Must read more!

"Over his heart. Trying to blot the damp and darkened material." -Here it was more of a stifled gasp, but let's just say I knew what you were going for and I totally approved.

"He remembered a similar conversation in a dark car on a rainy winter night. It was the last time he'd seen her cry. The night that had almost broken him." - Awwww, flailing starts.

"Sometimes I think you believe enough for both of us." This was the line that sealed my fate. I was a goner. Dead. *THUD* Gone. My little fangirl heart squeed so hard I think it imploded.

"His world tilted, and they fell back down onto the bed. He held her close and rolled, pinning her beneath his body as he deepened the kiss, exploring her mouth the way he'd wanted to for so long. She tasted the way he remembered, only better." - Come on, really? So freaking good, I can't even stand it.

"Yes ma'am," And I'm dead again. That's not even fair! Booth AND a "Yes ma'am"? It should almost be illegal it's so hot. *fans self*

"his dreams could never compare to the reality he held safe in his arms." -Um, Dr. Seuss much? lol. Totally fits in with this week's theme! And OMG there's a whole nother chapter to read! More squeeing to continue both in writing and on Twitter.
rbutler chapter 1 . 9/23/2011
First - Bunnicula! I loved those books when I was a kid.

Second - congratulations on your first fic! I've seen (and liked) your posts at Bones Theory.

Third, this was very sweet, gentle, thoughtful, just as B&B were to each other. I think Brennan's words about feeling guilty because she felt relieved were very honest and understandable.
Noie chapter 2 . 7/8/2011
Glad your continuing your own version of the characters and how they start their personal relationship! Looking forward to your next post!
Tartantrace chapter 1 . 7/8/2011
Just found this - really well written. Well done. looking forward to your next work :0)
bblover228 chapter 2 . 7/8/2011
This story was beautifully done. I look forward to more of your work.
toeventually chapter 1 . 6/24/2011
All I have to say: True 'dat.

(Also, your writing skills are superb.)
daffodil101 chapter 1 . 6/24/2011
Hey congrats on your first fic. It earns a big long 'awwwww' from me :o) My favourite part, was her blotting his chest with tissues and connecting that to Vincent and losing Booth. Perfect moment :o) Hope you're gonna keep writing!