Reviews for Where Is the Edge?
olivver chapter 35 . 2h
This is my first time ever reviewing anything in particular so I bestow upon you my first ever review!
I have to say, it took me awhile to get into this because I was under the impression that this story took place more in their adulthood rather than their teenage years BUT I actually LOVED this. Man, I couldn't get enough of this. This story is like crack to me. And I think I should mention that I hate OCs so much, so OC/Canon stories are a big no-no for me but I thought I should give this a chance. And I did. Needless to say I am in love with Ames and Jonathan. I literally make stupid little 'aww' sounds whenever I read a cutesy part that happens between the two. Holy hell, the bunny, Ames' dad's watch, that mention in his speech, the rose; my little fangirl heart couldn't take it.

I really hope you continue with this story because I for sure wouldbe interested with how this story progresses. I have been waiting far too long to see them in adulthood but something in me can't shake off their high school years together :(

I seriously want a teenage Jonathan Crane for my own thanks to you.
Emonster94 chapter 35 . 8/28
To be perfectly honest, you are one of my favorite authors. And I don't even know your name. I believe you have done very well with keeping up the storyline, despite occasional long-pauses in writing. So far it has been a wonderful read that I can't get enough of. It is dark, and so very beautiful. The way you write Ames and Jonathon has power that draws one in and consumes. You have a gift.
Stories Of Tears Long Past chapter 35 . 8/22
Alright, so this might be a long review, but do not fear, I have nothing but good things to say about this particular fanfiction. I believe I shall start with a clarification so you can understand just how much you impressed me with your writing.
I hate OCs. I HATE them. H.A.T.E. I have never been one to read this kind of fanfictions no matter what the circumstance may be. I cannot stand original characters, and even less if they are paired with canon characters. My vast experience with fanfictions has lead me to despise canon/OC for their predictable and incredibly dull portrayals of romance. Their unbelievable sonic-paced stories and pathetic characters leave me blank in disbelief. Sometimes I wish the author's would take a page out of Shakespeare's book and kill the main characters.
But you! You, young lady, have managed to surprise me. I find myself eating your chapters for dessert and savoring the exquisite flavor!
When I first started reading Where Is The Edge?, I was pleasantly surprised by the slow pace of the story (and when I say slow, I mean wonderfully realistic, something not many can accomplish). Ames is a relatable character who commits mistakes, but also attempts to right them herself. She recognizes her flaws and reacts very much like a normal teenager would. While she is noble, artistically gifted and clever, she is also stubborn, sometimes rash, and can hold a grudge. She is not perfect, she is growing up: she is believable.
Her quest to gain Jonathan's trust is no different. It has its ups and downs and it does not happen al at once. It takes time and a lot of patience on both their parts to form a bond, and this is as well believable and very much appreciated.
Your take on Jonathan himself is actually something that I love about this fanfiction. That is right: love. He is not some idiot ho suddenly falls in love or obsesses over the first girl who pays him mind. He is cold, calculative, logical, and very much what is expected of Jonathan Crane. I simply adore this, and continue to admire your ability to not step under the shrouded territory that is too much OOC.
And I must add that I simply adore the little Riddler teasers.
Honestly, I was so marveled by your fanfiction that when I reached this chapter, I couldn't believe someone had actually managed what you did. I let the fanfic sit for a few days, and then read it all again. Trust me, if I'm willing to read it again, then you are most definitely doing something right. The second read was even better, allowing me to further appreciate such a rare slice of realistic pace and plot. I wish I could say more about your story, but the review limits can only allow me to write so much.
I look forward to what you have in store for us next and await patiently alongside my fellow readers.
PS: As for Doctor Who, while I miss Matt Smith, Peter Capaldi's Doctor is someone I couldn't help but fall in love with. The scary eyebrows and grouchy attitude are a fearsome combination of hilarity! I adored him from the moment he exclaimed his hatred for his kidneys.
I REREAD THIS AGAIN AND I HAVE SO MANY FEELS FOR THESE TWO QVQ
SleepySiren chapter 35 . 8/6
Oh my gosh my heart hurts! JONATHAAAAAN! WHY DID YOU LEAVE? D; Ah, I'm being selfish here. I know why he left and it's completely understandable. It was super duper sweet of him to mention Ames in his valedictorian speech because she's the best memory to ever come out of high school! I can't wait for them to meet again. I think there's some romantic feelings under the surface on Jon's part too but he hasn't realized it yet or know how to deal with them. I know it's been almost seven months since you updated but pleaseeee update soon! I love your story and I relate to Ames so much (without the mob background and dead father, thankfully) but our personalities are quite similar and the self esteem issues the same.

I know I mentioned this in my last review but I adore Edward. Will he be making more appearances while Ames is in college? I ship her and Jonathan but there's definitely some chemistry between her and our favorite riddler. He's always there for her when she's at her lowest and always manages to put a smile on her face. When she becomes Sinead, I wonder if she'll maintain some sort of relationship with him when he goes full scale.

I'd also just like to remind you what a brilliant writer you are. :)
SleepySiren chapter 26 . 8/6
I know I'm coming in late here but I started reading your story yesterday and loooove it! I'll write another review once I'm finished with more detail but I just had to stop here because I absolutely love the scenes with Edward a.k.a. The Riddler! Every time I read a scene with him I get a big ol' goofy smile on my face.

Okay haha I'm done. Carrying on to the next chapter...
Poptart-Hero chapter 35 . 7/30
This is so amazing. Your story makes me all tingly! Your portayal of characters in phenomenal. Thank you for your dedication towards this story. It means a lot to me. Thank you. :)
Magic Kip chapter 26 . 7/18
I just wanted to leave a review as I've been spamming this story a lot since my first review, reading it until I stayed up way past intended (like 7 in the morning) and reading it at every available moment that I have.

I almost dropped this story a few times, I really did. I was really put off with a few things: the out of place Crucible moments, Ames' constant "I'm not like other girls!" mentality, the fact that a mob boss was harrassing a teen over her dad betraying him, and several other things that just made me feel Ames was leaning very much to being Mary-Sue.

But I kept reading because something about it hooked me, I think it was definitely your writing of Johnathan. Occasionally he'll say something that strikes me as odd, but when you get down to it, I really enjoy how you write his character. Your development of him is very thorough to me, if that's the word I'm looking for. Genuine maybe. I just enjoy every moment he's in. I also enjoy your writing of him over such a long period of time, it's a very interesting concept.

I also find Ames personable at times, I feel like she's exaggerated at times because that's what a high school kid is, or at least I was. I said and did things I knew were goofy or weird or out of place but I did it anyway because who knows? It's a weird high school kid thing. I sometimes felt like she handled things oddly or did things that didn't really make sense but I feel you've addressed these on occasion.

This chapter also definitely did a lot for me I'm that it made me more hopeful for what's to come in terms of the development of your writing, if a story make you tear up, then something's being done right and that's what happened.

But all aside, I thoroughly enjoy this story, it's interesting and neat seeing how you've developed your writing over the years and I can't wait to read more.

Magic Kip
Magic Kip chapter 5 . 7/14
I'm very much enjoying this story! I like the interactions between Crane and the past you've given him. I also enjoy Ames' character very much. It's refreshing compared to a lot of OC's in Dark Knight fan fiction. She's a lot more realistic and a lot more human. Maybe a little goofy for wandering around in the Narrows. But she's definitely relatable.

One slight nit pick that's basically irrelevant since this was probably posted ages ago, Ames gets really stunned when Jonathan says her name because she says she's never heard him say it before. He actually did a couple chapters back whenever she got sick at school.

But anyway, this story is great and I can't wait to read the rest!
TheMasterandtheDrums chapter 35 . 7/3
I've read this all in a span of three days. It is absolutely brilliant and I love Ames! You managed to keep Jonathan in character. It's a very entertaining story and I will love to see what happens next.
ashgoth chapter 35 . 6/22
:(((((((((( please post soon!
naturalbornsynner chapter 35 . 6/21
I finished. I finally finished. Am I crying? I think I'm crying... I really hope you come back and give us the sequel. Also, have you considered writing an Edward-centered fic? I think you write him so well and I'd definitely read. We need more Nygma! Hope to hear from you soon!
naturalbornsynner chapter 28 . 6/21
Hey! I barely started this story and I'm almost done and I was wondering whether we'll get a sequel? I hope we are and that you haven't abandoned this story! I love everything that you've done and I'd hate to part ways with Ames and Jonathan so soon! Hope to hear from you soon! P.S: I love the bits and pieces we've gotten from Eddie. He's my favorite right up there with Jonathan and I'll admit that I squealed like a loon when they met outside of the flower shop.
i love nygma! honestly i deffo would NOT be complaining if u made this a crane/oc/nygma fic hint hint ;)
rubymaya92 chapter 35 . 3/14
YOUR WRITING IS SO PERFECT! Every time I read a chapter I'm like, "This is probably their best chapter yet!" But then I read your next chapter and I'm completely blown away. I'm so excited for the next chapter! I kind related to this chapter a lot because my boyfriend is moving to North Carolina, USA in June (We're in California). I'm sure we'll do a long distance relationship but it won't be the same to have him close by every day :'( Sorry for rambling on. I'm so excited to coming back and reading your next masterpiece!
1,029 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »