Reviews for Where Is the Edge?
Magic Kip chapter 26 . 7/18
I just wanted to leave a review as I've been spamming this story a lot since my first review, reading it until I stayed up way past intended (like 7 in the morning) and reading it at every available moment that I have.

I almost dropped this story a few times, I really did. I was really put off with a few things: the out of place Crucible moments, Ames' constant "I'm not like other girls!" mentality, the fact that a mob boss was harrassing a teen over her dad betraying him, and several other things that just made me feel Ames was leaning very much to being Mary-Sue.

But I kept reading because something about it hooked me, I think it was definitely your writing of Johnathan. Occasionally he'll say something that strikes me as odd, but when you get down to it, I really enjoy how you write his character. Your development of him is very thorough to me, if that's the word I'm looking for. Genuine maybe. I just enjoy every moment he's in. I also enjoy your writing of him over such a long period of time, it's a very interesting concept.

I also find Ames personable at times, I feel like she's exaggerated at times because that's what a high school kid is, or at least I was. I said and did things I knew were goofy or weird or out of place but I did it anyway because who knows? It's a weird high school kid thing. I sometimes felt like she handled things oddly or did things that didn't really make sense but I feel you've addressed these on occasion.

This chapter also definitely did a lot for me I'm that it made me more hopeful for what's to come in terms of the development of your writing, if a story make you tear up, then something's being done right and that's what happened.

But all aside, I thoroughly enjoy this story, it's interesting and neat seeing how you've developed your writing over the years and I can't wait to read more.

Magic Kip
Magic Kip chapter 5 . 7/14
I'm very much enjoying this story! I like the interactions between Crane and the past you've given him. I also enjoy Ames' character very much. It's refreshing compared to a lot of OC's in Dark Knight fan fiction. She's a lot more realistic and a lot more human. Maybe a little goofy for wandering around in the Narrows. But she's definitely relatable.

One slight nit pick that's basically irrelevant since this was probably posted ages ago, Ames gets really stunned when Jonathan says her name because she says she's never heard him say it before. He actually did a couple chapters back whenever she got sick at school.

But anyway, this story is great and I can't wait to read the rest!
TheMasterandtheDrums chapter 35 . 7/3
I've read this all in a span of three days. It is absolutely brilliant and I love Ames! You managed to keep Jonathan in character. It's a very entertaining story and I will love to see what happens next.
ashgoth chapter 35 . 6/22
:(((((((((( please post soon!
naturalbornsynner chapter 35 . 6/21
I finished. I finally finished. Am I crying? I think I'm crying... I really hope you come back and give us the sequel. Also, have you considered writing an Edward-centered fic? I think you write him so well and I'd definitely read. We need more Nygma! Hope to hear from you soon!
naturalbornsynner chapter 28 . 6/21
Hey! I barely started this story and I'm almost done and I was wondering whether we'll get a sequel? I hope we are and that you haven't abandoned this story! I love everything that you've done and I'd hate to part ways with Ames and Jonathan so soon! Hope to hear from you soon! P.S: I love the bits and pieces we've gotten from Eddie. He's my favorite right up there with Jonathan and I'll admit that I squealed like a loon when they met outside of the flower shop.
i love nygma! honestly i deffo would NOT be complaining if u made this a crane/oc/nygma fic hint hint ;)
rubymaya92 chapter 35 . 3/14
YOUR WRITING IS SO PERFECT! Every time I read a chapter I'm like, "This is probably their best chapter yet!" But then I read your next chapter and I'm completely blown away. I'm so excited for the next chapter! I kind related to this chapter a lot because my boyfriend is moving to North Carolina, USA in June (We're in California). I'm sure we'll do a long distance relationship but it won't be the same to have him close by every day :'( Sorry for rambling on. I'm so excited to coming back and reading your next masterpiece!
Please finish this is great
I am finding it cruel of you to leave us all (myself in particular at the moment) in such suspense for nigh four years now, but suffice to say you are missed. In case you haven't noticed, your story is now one of the highest favorited crane/romance stories on FFnet, congratulations. The story is captivating and relatable, and it feels incredibly real. Ames Is one of my favorite main characters I have ever had the pleasure of reading about, and I found my self reading just as much for her input as I was for Jonathans, this is unusual and I enjoyed it. I will also compliment you on the ageing of Ames' character it felt very real and she was one of the most non mary sue characters I have ever accually cared for, thank you.
nicsnort chapter 35 . 2/28
A fair story so far. Easily readable even with the few typos. Might I make a suggestion though. End the story here and put their adult live in a sequel. One, it would give you additional time to write the next chapter and two, you could start the new arc without a summary right away and bombard us with catch up by leaving that for when she meets up with Jonathan again (rather like starting a whole new story, just start with her at work or something). This part of the story as it stands right now is pretty long and concludes nicely. Some readers might be intimidated and turned away if you make it too long in both chapter and/or word count.
No matter what you chose to do keep up the nice work.
Noose chapter 1 . 2/27
I am finding it very cruel of you at the moment to leave all of us (myself especially at the moment) in such suspense for nigh four years now. I am not sure if you have noticed, but your story is, as of now, the top rated Crane/romance on FFnet, congratulations. I found your story to be extreamly relatabe, Ames is one ofyour favorite main characters I have ever had the pleasure of reading. I would like to congratulate you on the ageing of her character it feels very real and believeable, in many ways she reminds me a lot of myself. She is one of the least mary sue characters I have ever read, and written well to boot. I accually found myself reading just as much for her input as for Jonathans, this was an unusual and incredibly enjoyable experiance for me, thank you.
Just-Me-and-My-Brain chapter 35 . 1/24
I can't wait for the next chapter. Wow. This was incredibly powerful. I could really feel everything at the end. Quite an amazing job.
Arlena4815162342 chapter 35 . 1/22
I knew he was gonna ditch, but darn I was hoping he would keep the watch. Oh well, it was still an awesome chapter like always!

QOTD: I went to three different high schools, one in Colorado and the other two in two different cities in Ohio. Major differences I'll tell you. I didn't have bullies but I wasn't exactly popular either, I guess I can relate to Ames! :P I'm sure glad I'm done though LOL!
AmberStar159 chapter 35 . 1/21
Great chapter! I so excited for more! I really love this story.
1,022 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »