Reviews for The Necromancer's Bells
fizzyluna chapter 1 . 5/12
Hey, I love your fic! Would it be ok for me to use it in an English essay, comparing it to the original creation poem in the books? I'd make sure to credit you and say it was a fan-made poem. I just thought it would be really good, well done and thanks :)
Guest chapter 1 . 7/15/2012
Very good especially the Orranis part! (;
reminiscent-afterthought chapter 1 . 3/30/2012
Yikes, I didn’t even realise someone else had already done something like this. Never mind, it’s kind of different still. No two authors can write the same, even if the idea is, after all.

Nicely written though. I just finished re-reading Sabriel, and I can see the specificities of the bell showing here. Except for Saraneth…”The binding bell called Saraneth,/ The Abhorsens often use;/ It gives wielder the dead's own will…” I’m sure that it’s Belgaer that restores independence and thought, although Saraneth is the binder. Saraneth binds the dead to the will of the wielder of the bells/pipes. That may have been what you meant, but the statement is a little ambiguous in defining the subject and the object. In the case of the lesser dead, I don’t think you could really say they even have will…unless the use of Belgaer is involved. The Greater Dead is another story, one I’m not entirely sure about. But that was a little ambiguous.

Also, some of the effects read a little absolute. Isn’t it only a slip from a careless hand that erases memories when Belgaer’s rung?

Dyrim’s always an interesting one, silencing a “freely moving tongue”. It struck me as quite ironic that Ellimere would be the one to wield it in the end.

The last line…it wasn’t seven souls that bound Orranis forever though, was it? Nor was it seven souls that rang the bells, unless you count the twins as one as they did in the binding. Still, seven somehow suits. Apart from the seven bells, seven is supposed to be a powerful magical number after all.

I especially like how you’ve introduced Dyrim and Belgaer. Speak and think, truly proficient of their keepsakes.

All in all, nice job.
Sarala23 chapter 1 . 8/13/2011
Is good. Then again, I have no clue what you're talking about, I just decided to read something random.

Do you think he's a good author?
IchigogichI chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
I reccomend you change the title, it's necromancer's bells, it would be selfish of the Abhorsen to say the bells were theirs... it's just they have the only legal set because Necromancy is illegal
Cat Professor chapter 1 . 7/30/2011
Very nice! I reallly enjoyed reading this!