Reviews for What Is Built
Runt the Brave chapter 51 . 9/4
no lie, I screeched when I saw the notification about this.

3 thanks for the update. it was beautiful. As always, your characterization, insights, and depiction of Delenn sparkle with accuracy, honesty, and oh I don't know.

I'm just ever so grateful for this update, and shall continue to enjoy waiting for the next one.
davonuk chapter 51 . 9/2
This is an excellent addition and certainly worth the wait.

You had actually helped me to see something in this episode that I myself hadn't noticed, even after several watchings; that Callenn had manipulated Delenn's dreaming with his words.

Her muttered oath when she realised was entirely appropriate :)
bookwormqueen chapter 50 . 6/15
OMG! This isn't just a fanficit's a novel! I love it, and hope you have a chance to finish it. Well written and edited, I feel it captures Delennand the othersperfectly. Please finish itI've spent days trying to ration out the chapters, eager to find out what Delenn felt, what she was thinking, through the end of the series. You can't stop here, just before one of the most important moments of the episode! If you were planning to stop here, please reconsider! Have you considered releasing the finished novel (for that's what this is, a novel or novella or novelette or similar) as an ebook? You can't make money off a fanfic, I know, but this story is so good it should be offered to a wider audience than just those who frequent this site. Publish it on your blog, offer it for free on Smashwords, something to get it out there. This is high-quality writing, better than a lot of self-published stuff I've found out there. We readers need more self-published authors of this quality, because it's so rare to find a good piece like this one. So even if you don't decide to self-publish an ebook, just know that this discerning reader, at least, thinks your writing here is equal to a professional author's works by a big-name publisher. Wishing you luck in all your future writing projects, and hoping for more of this story!
Letomo chapter 1 . 3/1
Just found this, and read it all in the last few days. Lovely story, nice retelling of the events from one person's view, a critical person, but not one that knew everything. Thank you for sharing it, and I hope that you continue to do so!
runt still brave chapter 50 . 9/30/2015

ow

i will not be in pain until the next update comes

but maybe just a little feelzy pain

thank you for still going still writing still doing. i appreciate that in many more ways than just a reader.
SilenceoftheSolitude chapter 49 . 6/18/2015
I haven't reviewed this story before now because I'm quite busy and whenever I get to the end of a chapter I just want to read the next one. Now, since I caught up with the story I have no excuse.

First of all I want to say thank you for writing about John and Delenn, the most well written couple I have ever seen on TV; they don't get enough recognition (well, b5 in general doesn't, I guess). As a new fan to the show (I only finished it this February for the first time), I am glad to see the fandom is still alive.

Now, for this story... I love the idea of exploring more of Delenn's life, mostly because I'm in love with Minbari culture, and the fact that you didn't stop at what we already know about their traditions, but went beyond JMS' portrayal without diminishing the characters shows a great deal of mastery in writing - even though I might have imagined a couple of things differently, I still love your version. Also, using Delenn's own eyes and voice was not an easy task, but you have so far accomplished it quite well.

All in all, I love what you've done with this story; you took a couple of liberties, but they all fit well within the story and weren't major enough to disrupt the overall storyline.

Finally, this final chapter... I always thought John had been quite naive for allowing the ISN interview. Granted, they could have come up with an equally bogus story, and anyone without his mind filled of propaganda should be able to see that the reportage was clearly ludicrous, but still... I had always wanted to see Delenn's reaction to it since everey experience she's had with the news (and ISN specifically) was horrible. Susan snapping at Garibaldi made my day. I know he was being controlled by Bester, rationally I know none of what he did in season 4 is his fault, but then again I'm still blaming him for Marcus' death - however obliquely he played a hand in that.

I'll wait with breathless anticipation for the recount of Atonement, keep up the good work!
Jonathan Nicoll chapter 49 . 6/7/2015
Another great addition. I was sure that when Garibaldi appeared, violence would follow; this is Ivonova we are talking about after all. Well avoided!

I look forward to your musings on Atonement.
runt-still-here chapter 49 . 6/4/2015
I got so excited upon seeing this notification that I almost cried.

Thank you. This was equal parts heartbreaking, adorable, and utterly satisfying. thank you thank you thank you thank you
ScotlandFaerie chapter 48 . 5/3/2015
I love this story, please finish it!
logged-out-Runt chapter 48 . 10/15/2014
Thank you ever so much for making my day.

I've really always had amazing things to say about this story but this chapter was really- it just took the cake and cookies and every confectionery possible. Especially coming just a week after I briefly considered this story and then got really sad over it's current state of incompleteness.

Anyway. Thaaaaank you. I love this story muchly.
Rex Splode chapter 47 . 7/26/2014
This is a great story. Lots of other details about the universe that are not in the show, pretty cool and interesting. I like the way most of the characters are, as you write them. I also like seeing some more stuff about Lyta, I always felt she kinda got a raw deal somehow and like there were scenes missing in the show that could've better explained it, that were left out. I hope to finish this story one day, keep on writing!

Also, damn this is one slow moving relationship between them, lol.
Rex Splode chapter 1 . 7/24/2014
Man. The first chapter is really good. Im already hooked. You write Delenn really well. I can actually picture the scene in my head. Cant wait to finish the other chapters.
madurai chapter 1 . 7/2/2014
I do so hope that you are going to continue this series. I think you've captured Delenn's voice perfectly and this is a wonderful companion to the show. I particularly appreciate how deftly you handled the scenes in Falling Towards Apotheosis when Delenn has to deal with her own guilt and Sheridenn's shortened lifespan. I think that may be the best "I caused the war" talk I've read.
Runt the Brave chapter 47 . 4/30/2014
...ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow

CIIIIIAAAAAAN. That ending hurts.

But oh, Delenn's perspective on the telepaths was beautiful. Absolutely loved that. So much greatness.

Thank you ever so muchly for an update!
Runt the Brave chapter 46 . 3/28/2014
I squealed when the notification came in.

Beautiful chapter. The little piece about Susan and Marcus was adorable. You capture Ivanova so well, perhaps best of all the characters - from Delenn's perspective. It's really fun to read that.
All the conversations with Garibaldi and about him were well configured - good job.

It was a bit of a disjointed chapter, bouncing from everything to all things but without the hectic feel of that actually happening. Had the hecticness been played up a lot, it would have been extraordinary.

Oh, and that brief glimmer of the twenty years thing was just painful. Excellent job.