Reviews for What Is Built
SilenceoftheSolitude chapter 49 . 6/18
I haven't reviewed this story before now because I'm quite busy and whenever I get to the end of a chapter I just want to read the next one. Now, since I caught up with the story I have no excuse.

First of all I want to say thank you for writing about John and Delenn, the most well written couple I have ever seen on TV; they don't get enough recognition (well, b5 in general doesn't, I guess). As a new fan to the show (I only finished it this February for the first time), I am glad to see the fandom is still alive.

Now, for this story... I love the idea of exploring more of Delenn's life, mostly because I'm in love with Minbari culture, and the fact that you didn't stop at what we already know about their traditions, but went beyond JMS' portrayal without diminishing the characters shows a great deal of mastery in writing - even though I might have imagined a couple of things differently, I still love your version. Also, using Delenn's own eyes and voice was not an easy task, but you have so far accomplished it quite well.

All in all, I love what you've done with this story; you took a couple of liberties, but they all fit well within the story and weren't major enough to disrupt the overall storyline.

Finally, this final chapter... I always thought John had been quite naive for allowing the ISN interview. Granted, they could have come up with an equally bogus story, and anyone without his mind filled of propaganda should be able to see that the reportage was clearly ludicrous, but still... I had always wanted to see Delenn's reaction to it since everey experience she's had with the news (and ISN specifically) was horrible. Susan snapping at Garibaldi made my day. I know he was being controlled by Bester, rationally I know none of what he did in season 4 is his fault, but then again I'm still blaming him for Marcus' death - however obliquely he played a hand in that.

I'll wait with breathless anticipation for the recount of Atonement, keep up the good work!
Jonathan Nicoll chapter 49 . 6/7
Another great addition. I was sure that when Garibaldi appeared, violence would follow; this is Ivonova we are talking about after all. Well avoided!

I look forward to your musings on Atonement.
runt-still-here chapter 49 . 6/4
I got so excited upon seeing this notification that I almost cried.

Thank you. This was equal parts heartbreaking, adorable, and utterly satisfying. thank you thank you thank you thank you
ScotlandFaerie chapter 48 . 5/3
I love this story, please finish it!
logged-out-Runt chapter 48 . 10/15/2014
Thank you ever so much for making my day.

I've really always had amazing things to say about this story but this chapter was really- it just took the cake and cookies and every confectionery possible. Especially coming just a week after I briefly considered this story and then got really sad over it's current state of incompleteness.

Anyway. Thaaaaank you. I love this story muchly.
Rex Splode chapter 47 . 7/26/2014
This is a great story. Lots of other details about the universe that are not in the show, pretty cool and interesting. I like the way most of the characters are, as you write them. I also like seeing some more stuff about Lyta, I always felt she kinda got a raw deal somehow and like there were scenes missing in the show that could've better explained it, that were left out. I hope to finish this story one day, keep on writing!

Also, damn this is one slow moving relationship between them, lol.
Rex Splode chapter 1 . 7/24/2014
Man. The first chapter is really good. Im already hooked. You write Delenn really well. I can actually picture the scene in my head. Cant wait to finish the other chapters.
madurai chapter 1 . 7/2/2014
I do so hope that you are going to continue this series. I think you've captured Delenn's voice perfectly and this is a wonderful companion to the show. I particularly appreciate how deftly you handled the scenes in Falling Towards Apotheosis when Delenn has to deal with her own guilt and Sheridenn's shortened lifespan. I think that may be the best "I caused the war" talk I've read.
Runt the Brave chapter 47 . 4/30/2014
...ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow

CIIIIIAAAAAAN. That ending hurts.

But oh, Delenn's perspective on the telepaths was beautiful. Absolutely loved that. So much greatness.

Thank you ever so muchly for an update!
Runt the Brave chapter 46 . 3/28/2014
I squealed when the notification came in.

Beautiful chapter. The little piece about Susan and Marcus was adorable. You capture Ivanova so well, perhaps best of all the characters - from Delenn's perspective. It's really fun to read that.
All the conversations with Garibaldi and about him were well configured - good job.

It was a bit of a disjointed chapter, bouncing from everything to all things but without the hectic feel of that actually happening. Had the hecticness been played up a lot, it would have been extraordinary.

Oh, and that brief glimmer of the twenty years thing was just painful. Excellent job.
Nancy Alix chapter 46 . 3/26/2014
Thank you, thank you for bringing this story back to life... I, for one, have missed it greatly!
Runt the Brave chapter 44 . 1/25/2014
I just came back, looked at this story, and got super sad that it hasn't been continued and all that loveliness. I miss this story muchly.
Runt the Brave chapter 45 . 11/30/2012
I squealed. Aloud.

And am now going to curl up and fall asleep and dream of your awesome story.
Guest chapter 10 . 11/11/2012
Great story. But there is one thing I don't understand. How could Sinclair have the memories of Tuzanor when he hadn't become Valen yet?
Guest chapter 44 . 8/22/2012
This is my favorite B5 fanfiction. If only the updates were up a little bit faster. But, as I know very well, writing comes in its own time, and cannot be rushed. So just keep updating, and I will be content.