Reviews for As Close To Happy
Victoriam Speramus chapter 1 . 7/8/2011
I so agree with you. If SPN had ended in Season 5, it'd have been right, you know? Just knowing Dean could've had some sort of normal life was enough (also, I didn't like Season 6 so much u.u)

I love this. It's just perfect - the way Dean changed and allowed himself to live, through Lisa's eyes. That she might not fully understand what's going on with him but is open minded, sure that she wants him, to do her part and give him a chance.

My favorite part :D
masondixon chapter 1 . 7/1/2011
Very nice job here. I, personally, liked Lisa and Ben, but never thought they fit into the storyline of the show. However, in the fanfiction, where so much more can be developed then on the tv show, I feel some writers have the touch to make Lisa just right for Dean...in an unorthodox kind of way.

You have done that here.

Thank You.
CriesofCapricorn chapter 1 . 6/26/2011
This is a lovely story/summary of Lisa's thoughts on Dean and all that he brought to their lives. Great job!
Nana56 chapter 1 . 6/24/2011
Aw. Great job! I love Lisa and Ben! It breaks my heart that they can't be together. :((

Thanks for doing such a lovely job with this. :)
Pinkchick chapter 1 . 6/24/2011
This was a touching story. You wrote Lisa so well and were so in tune with her character, her choices, and relationship with Dean. I loved reading her insight and the fact that it was as close to happy as they'd both ever been in their situation. It wasn't "greeting card perfect" but they made it work in their own way. I've always thought she was a strong, patient and caring woman to have let Dean in without thought and let him stay. And you bring that out in this story.

Favorite line: Dean sometimes reminded her of her Great Aunt Rose's ancient merchant's chest – some drawers were wedged open, contents spilling out, some needed a gentle tug to open up, but some of the bigger drawers, the ones right at the bottom, were stuck fast, varnished over, keys lost forever.

Trying to open those drawers would have damaged the chest beyond all repair and Lisa knew that when it came to Dean Winchester, some things were just better left alone.

Thank you for such a wonderful read! It will go in my favorites as well as my Lisa and Ben community.
nwspaprtaxis chapter 1 . 6/24/2011
This was gorgeous... and even though I'm avoiding S6 spoilers, I couldn't resist clicking... I love this slice of Lisa and this is now Canon-Lisa for me. I believe that she fully knew that Dean couldn't do the apple-pie-life thing but he was absolutely shattered when he showed up on her doorstep that night and she was the only person who could stop him from drowning. And this ""She knew she couldn't heal a wound like that, but she could be a band-aid, a salve, something to keep the edges together and sooth the pain, and in time, she hoped the wound would start to heal on its own."" is perfect and exactly how I see Lisa.

You write the best Lisa/Dean stuff I've found so far and it's so perfect for their adult relationship as I saw it in SWAN SONG...
The Lilac Elf of Lothlorien chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
This was wonderful! I always liked the character of Lisa and I always thought she was perfect for Dean.