Reviews for Memento Mori
kirahelena chapter 6 . 6/10/2013
Aww damn, now i'm crying... :'(
Emilyhotchnerforever chapter 6 . 12/26/2012
Omg! The part where he said that rose has it's thorns but the thorns don't define the rose. Made me cry! Go hotly! Gosh, i love them! Great job!
nebula2 chapter 6 . 11/12/2011
I found this very enjoyable. I think you captured the characters well in each chapter and you had a good feel for each of their relationship with Emily. I think Hotch was the perfect person to end the story with. Nice job!
TigerLily888 chapter 6 . 11/8/2011
*sobs* This was SOOOOOO beautiful, you should win the Post Ep category and I'm going to vote for you! Such a wonderful piece of writing, thank you for sharing *big hug*
mindspsychoaddict chapter 6 . 7/15/2011
September has to come now. The waiting is awful. This story made me anticipate it even more. Good job:)
mindspsychoaddict chapter 5 . 7/15/2011
More tears. All of these are just so sad!
mindspsychoaddict chapter 4 . 7/15/2011
I cried. It was just so sad. In a beautiful way though. I know Emily is coming back but hearing about her 'death' always makes me cry.
mhopeg chapter 6 . 7/11/2011
Even though you said in your notes that you had to work hard to not have the final chapter be too Hotch/Emily romantic, I still hoped there would be little hints of it. And there were. Just a couple.

I love that Hotch's chapter was about keeping secrets - the one Emily wanted to keep from the team at all costs for their safety, and the one that Hotch and JJ have to keep for Emily's safety.

And the end of this story really leads me to think is OMG I cannot WAIT for the premiere!
mhopeg chapter 5 . 7/11/2011
Oh my Rossi... he doesn't wear his emotions in quite the same way as the rest of the cast, but you always know that he loves every member of the team - that they're his family.

I do think that Emily managed to get closer to him than he lets most people - as she did with the rest of the team. But they have a unique sort of bond and you captured it here, with the fact that Emily confided in him when she felt she couldn't talk to the rest of the team.
mhopeg chapter 4 . 7/11/2011
Every time I rewatch the Emily/Garcia scene in the bathroom, or when Emily listens to Garcia's voice mail, I cry a little. It's so well-written, and their emotions are so clear from their voices and from their actions and facial expressions. Using them here was almost cruel, but in the sweetest and most beautiful way possible.

Emily and Penelope (and JJ) are such an awesome trio. Really they're kind of my OT3 on the show, and I loved the lighter moments here interspersed with the sad moments from "Lauren"
Guest chapter 3 . 7/11/2011
I read the last 4 chapters last night at work but couldn't reivew at the time and was too tired when I finally got home.

Seaver... I wanted to hate her when she came on the show, but the writers (and Rachel Nichols) did a good job of writing her in a way that you wanted her to succeed. I just wish there had been more development in her character BEFORE "Lauren" aired.

But I did love her scenes in that episode, that she had known Prentiss for less time and would therefore be more objective. And she did have a look on her face where she felt like it would still be difficult for her BECAUSE Emily was a mentor to her.

Anyway, all of this is my rambling way of saying great job digging into the thoughts of a character who remains a mystery in many ways.
Brandywyne Walker chapter 6 . 7/7/2011
I don't even know where to start on this one.

For me, the one thing, in the whole chapter, that came through the strongest, was you. Your absolute love and admiration for both the character and the wonderful actress that plays her. You showed how the fans often feel about her and the reason why we love her so much.

So I'm going to say it again, this was really beautiful. I loved it from the first word to the very last.

Hotch has always been the rock in the center of the team and even when he breaks it's short lived. You managed to capture that perfectly. While he shows some emotion there is still that hard core of strength at the center, the part of him that would insist on making sure she made it home. That he would catch Doyle in the end and that he would bring her home, back to her family, the ones that love her.

Thank you for this chapter, because it touched something that they never did on the show as more than a passing thought. His feelings on Emily and the fact that she was gone. They just left that and it was disappointing. As is pointed out often, they are a family and he leads them, the "father figure" and they really should have done something to reflect that her loss would have touched him in someway other than what was shared in the assessments.

Especially since he has such a terrible secret and you managed to touch all of the things that were missing, his guilt, his latent fear that they wouldn't understand and he would lose their trust, and that in the end he lost a friend, even if she was still alive, all of which he had to be thinking but couldn't share with anyone.

I'm almost sorry that this is over. You have done such a wonderful job of capturing each of the characters in their most elemental ways and it was something that I will keep as one of my favorites by far.

Blessings and Thank you, Brandywyne
Brandywyne Walker chapter 5 . 7/7/2011
Still sniffling

I think you might have actually made me love Rossi with this chapter. Admittedly he's not one of my favorite characters no one kick me!.

I love how you tied in his thoughts to spirituality in this because the main bonding that they did was in "Demonology" and it was very much about her faith, it gave a certain symetry to the whole thing, brought everything back to the beginning, as it were.

I'm not gonna say it...

Instead I'm gonna go read the one I was most looking forward to.

Bless, BW.
Brandywyne Walker chapter 4 . 7/7/2011
sniff, sniff

I know I've said this before but this was just beautiful. I loved how you touched on Garcia's hero worship of Emily and how she was the softer one of the group, that even for as stressed as Emily was, she needed to tell Garcia what she meant to her in a much clearer way than she did with the others.

Again, I got the feeling reading this that this was what the character was thinking in the grave side scene of "Lauren".

Poor Garcia... Must go read the next one!

Bless, BW
HPforever-after chapter 6 . 7/6/2011
Yes. He will bring her home
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »