Reviews for Adrift in a Sea of Stars
Herofire chapter 9 . 6/18
This is easily one of, if not my favorite Mass Effect story. I like the premise, your characterization is pitch-perfect, the politics mesh with the interpersonal flawlessly. Just wish there was more of it.
Guest chapter 9 . 11/14/2015
Hey there. I just found your story yesterday as I searched on Google what if if the "SR-1 Normandy survived" It's 2015. when I found your story it was like striking gold. Your story is golden. You manage to keep the overall feel and wit of the mass effect trilogy and at the same time branch out a totally new mass effect history that feels organic and very interesting. I personally like your version of events better then the actual game events. It's very interesting to see what happens if the original Normandy survives and destroys the collector ship, Commander Shepard becoming a Major and the voice of humanity instead of becoming an outcast. It really has a lot of potential and is just so entertaining to read. I don't quite know why you stopped writing this great story but I plead with you to pick up where you left off and finish this story! You've got to finish it for us the reader, and yourself the writer. Please come back to finish this great story.
AlsoKnownAsMatt chapter 9 . 6/21/2015
I've caught up this story and think it too bad you've been unable or unwilling to continue it. You launch from one of the key shearing points in the story-all in ME1 except for Badak. I'm interested in a different one but your choice is more than definitely valid and your characterizations (though I think your shepard a little too paragon for realism), are very strong and well thought through. Hoping you may someday pick up the story again and thankful for your hard work on it so far.
Dazzle chapter 9 . 6/13/2015
This is really neat. Cheers!
TheButterflyComposer chapter 6 . 1/11/2015
Basically, Cerberus was this entity that did anything it could to protect humanity. Or rather, it was when it was well written...
So it's operatives aren't souled monsters or happy go lucky. I would say it was like a secret service from the 1960's, when each could do whatever they wished (since no one acknowledged their existence and therefore, no safeguards could be put on them). Even the Illusive man has to be leaning toward 'good' since he isn't using his genius to take over the galaxy or whatever...so I don't think Cerberus should ever be stupid or evil enough to attack the Alliance on a grand scale.
Good work so far.
TheButterflyComposer chapter 4 . 1/11/2015
The admiral that made a counter argument but then listened to the other sides as well was a good I put. The fact that at the end of the meeting he agreed to look into it...because the alternative was just hoping the galaxy crushing reapers didn't exist, was a great one.
Good chapter.
TheButterflyComposer chapter 3 . 1/11/2015
All good ideas Shepard brought forward here.
Having them help rebuild the Citadel with the Turian 'volunteers' also helps their galatic image and gives them the Thanix canon.
Actualy, that is something I don't understand from the games. No major fleet apart from the Aquarians put them on all their ships, even though they go straight through shields.
Just strange is all, although they can't be used everywhere. When the ships aren't in space, mass accelerators have to be used (although the prothean beam weapons sure look like mini versions of those guns)
TheButterflyComposer chapter 2 . 1/11/2015
I will tell you something interesting, there are far too few Liara/Shepard stories out there. I'm not sure why, since they were the only well written pairing that was given time and attention throughout the whole series (except Garrus/Shepard, and there's a ton of them).
I like the Geth war angle, because it makes sense. Generally I quite liked the Turian ambassador after ME3. Out of all of them, when push came to a shove, he was the most helpful and you could see him grabbing a rifle and fighting when the Citadel was attacked.
Hopefully that change will happen here, as war becomes more revealing. He is after all, the best Turian they could find for the job.
TheButterflyComposer chapter 1 . 1/11/2015
Let's see...
It was a good idea to get the Normandy close. The Collector ship has some Occulus (at least, I would assume it would) and a main cannon that's basicly a massive thanix beam that can be go through a full half circle of movement (it can aim at anything that's not behind it). The engine to the rear is unprotected by large weapons and they certainly wouldn't be expecting javelin missiles straight through it, if Shepard were to try.
Otherwise, the best thing to do would be to fire directly into the main canon, destroying it and probably the energy core behind powering it, thus destroying the ship.
Flinging a nuke at it is a last stand sort of affair, since the Normandy won't be able to get away from the radiative blast zone or the actual blast zone before detonation. This means that unless Joker teleports them away, the Normandy is going to be flung nose first into the planet's atmosphere and will probably roast there unless they can slow down.
donald7777 chapter 9 . 9/1/2014
This is a really interesting take on Mass Effect as it is exploring a couple Ideas that the Orignal mass effect did not touch on or give you a choice.

I am looking forward to more chapters from you.
mordreek chapter 9 . 8/16/2014
Nice story over all, would have liked to have been able to read more.
mordreek chapter 7 . 8/16/2014
Nice Firefly reference, not to obvious but noticeable if you are in the fandom.
weaver-of-shadows chapter 9 . 7/13/2014
I really, really like the way you set up everything in the first few chapters. This is a fantastic setting for a good story. Truth be told, I like this story far more than First Contact, especially since the differentiation is something we've actually seen in ME via cutscene. Flow and character buildup are solid too, as other reviewers have pointed out.

The only "hole" in the plot I saw was that if the Alliance is working with the Quarians and is doing something as momentous as bringing an active geth platform to the Migrant Fleet, you'd think they would have a larger presence there than just the Normandy, if only to facilitate communications with Arcturus. This is especially true if the Alliance is following Shepard's advice regarding more widespread ship deployments. In such a case, wouldn't Cerberus involvement be reported pretty quickly, and wouldn't the Illusive Man avoid such a risky operation? If he is as cautious and patient, "as always," he wouldn't be satisfied with only a best-case scenario for secrecy. After mission-failure, damage control via interception would work on messengers, but probably not on an Alliance frigate or two, especially for something as sensitive as negotiations with Geth. Not a major inconsistency, but unusual to me I guess.

Still, I'm curious to see how you'd handle that, even 3 years after your last update. Maybe I'm being optimistic...
Stelmaria chapter 9 . 6/28/2014
Man, this is epic. I was looking for a good Mass Effect fic, they are surprisingly hard to come by. But this is neat, well written and by all appearances, well plotted out. Hope you write more, sometime. I especially enjoy your Liara and Garrus characterizations. All of the characters are spot on, make you feel like you're actually in the game. Will Miranda make an appearance somehow? That would be interesting, And damn that Illusive Man! Can't wait to see him get his... Major Shepard... that is begging for a good SG Atlantis crossover. Huh, I should write one.
AnAncientBard chapter 9 . 11/17/2013
Pretty bloody good, I really hope you do more with this!
10/10