Reviews for The Storm
rachel741 chapter 7 . 10/17
This is so very good. Read it several times and always enjoy it.
Bonnie Bush chapter 7 . 7/10/2020
Oh dear I was hung to every word and chapter of this story! Could not stop reading and when came to the end I was sad. Please write more like this of our boys!
Kathy Knudsen1 chapter 7 . 4/5/2020
Oh my gosh, what a wonderful story! I've always suspected that Kid is really a saint disguised as an outlaw. Seriously, though, really enjoyed reading this.
sorens chapter 7 . 10/25/2018
What an amazing story! I loved this.
bassetfan chapter 7 . 6/6/2018
I've read this story many times, one of my favourites! Great story!
Shade Nightwalker chapter 7 . 5/11/2018
Enjoyable story. You caught the characters very well and even the minor characters give the impression of different personalities.
Especially I liked the detailed tasks of everyday life you included while still holding the tension of the plot.
nm131 chapter 7 . 1/26/2017
I reread this story and I appreciate it just as much if not more than when I first read it. The pacing was perfect for the subject and characterizations of Heyes and Curry as well as your oc's was well done.

Two asides - I envy your ability to pick names that sound period appropriate.
I would have made an absolute terrible western woman, I don't know how they did it all.
aliasfluffyone chapter 7 . 8/30/2014
thoroughly enjoyed this story.
aliasfluffyone chapter 6 . 8/30/2014
Enjoy the camaraderie of the boys on the porch at night, little details like sound of crickets and frogs add to the realism. Glad Heyes is finally starting to get well enough to move.
aliasfluffyone chapter 5 . 8/30/2014
Nightmares and another twister - scary. Loved the little lamb and the reference to Wabaunsee County's involvement with the underground railroad.
aliasfluffyone chapter 4 . 8/30/2014
Finally got a chance to get back to this story. Glad Heyes is feeling better and the banter begins. :)
aliasfluffyone chapter 3 . 8/30/2014
The deputy recognizing Curry and Heyes was scary, glad the deputy believed Floyd that Kid was Rose's kin. And yeah, Heyes has been an ornery cuss, glad to have the real Heyes back by the end of the chapter.
aliasfluffyone chapter 2 . 8/30/2014
So much to do indeed. Loved Kid's interactions with the children. Braiding Hannah's hair and swinging hands as they walked to the barn. Levi splashing a cup of water on sleeping Kid's head made me laugh. Uh oh... poor Heyes being so hurtful. And Floyd knows who they are now.
aliasfluffyone chapter 1 . 8/30/2014
The rising storm with its abruptly changing weather culminating in a twister is a wonderful start. Complications with an injured Heyes and a safe haven that is a devastated family/home reminiscent of their own devastated childhood homes keep me reading. Loved Curry taking charge and especially enjoyed him talking to the horse. On to chapter two. :)
Dinene chapter 7 . 6/25/2011
This is a good story. It is repetitive in parts, but I liked it.