Reviews for Fiery Vengeance
lillyindy42 chapter 1 . 7/31/2013
Thanks for writing. I always loved this episode and this was a great follow up story. Very well done!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/29/2012
This is a great story/sequel to "Horror in the Heights"! I really enjoyed it! Too bad it's not an episode! :)
Bits And Pieces chapter 1 . 6/24/2011
Wow, that was excellent! (And just about the longest oneshot I think I've ever read!) LOL The banter between Carl and Tony was definitely on track, and the story itself was very suspenseful - the fire, the cars in the parking garage - it really kept me on the edge of my seat. I could so see it all happening in my head. I also liked the more spiritual aspect of this story, and I even learned a few things, which I always appreciate!

I can't think of a better sequel to "Horror in the Heights"; this was perfect! Awesome job!
Cruelest Sea chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
Very nicely done.:)
LuckyLadybug chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
Yay, this is awesome! And I'm glad I decided to not know much about the story; surprises are fun.

It reads like an episode and the Moonstone story with them in the desert: in other words, keeping to the feel of the show while building on it and branching out in a positive way. It's everything and much more than I hoped it would be, since I didn't know much to hope and think about in the first place! I devoured it all eagerly.

The dream it opens with is freaky and frightening. And I immediately got a voice for the Rakshasi in my head, which stayed throughout.

There's so much wonderful banter going on that it would be impossible to highlight all of it. The tax rant is perfect and so fitting for the show, as is Tony deciding to not make Carl investigate the case when he sees how it bothers him. And then Carl swiping the folder for a donut. LOL. Priceless.

"Gail's" appearance was a big surprise. It was interesting to see that Carl apparently trusts her, unless that was an illusion of a different sort.

I really like how religious/spiritual the story is. And it's nice to see Tony's yoga instructor believing Carl and helping things on their way. It's interesting that apparently any prayer or religious relic can stop the Rakshasi's illusions!

I think my favorite parts are everything at the warehouse and what comes after. Wow. I adore Tony saving Carl, of course. And the rooftop disaster is so intense and suspenseful! That whole scene where Carl says the Rakshasi has won and then quits, and where he monologues in the parking lot, is just excellent. It reminds me so much of both the show and the best of Moonstone. And where Tony arrives and tosses the press badge back to Carl, it was so squeeable and moving and said so much. When he asked where it left them, it reminded me of the story in the Tales Annual. And since you haven't read it, it's further testament to how awesome and IC both this fic and that story are.

The ending confrontation went really well! I'm glad that Carl finally remembered to pray. And then having the cut he'd accidentally given Tony be so critically important was a stroke of genius.

I love how the very last part went, too, especially Kolchak realizing that Tony really did believe him even if he couldn't say it. Yep, they really are two stubborn, proud men, as the monologues say. But they still manage to show their deep caring for each other. And I think it's more powerful than if they said it straight out.

All in all, this is an amazing, magnificent piece of work and well worth the wait! It's an episode that so should have been.

(I have noticed typos here and there, perhaps more than usual. That seems to happen to me when I type things in from a notebook. But they certainly don't detract from anything.)