Reviews for Sing Me a Song of Thy Names
Nirianne chapter 1 . 4/2/2014
This review is totally late but hey, I happened to stumble across it and I gotta say this story blew me away. I can't even tell you how well written it was! Every sentence, well structured and words well placed. The interactions between them, flawless.

I admire authors like yourself that are able to craft words and transform them into vivid imagery. I love it! Out of all the Light x Kain stories, this one shines brightest and it's the absolute best!

Totally going into my favs list for future re-reads! :)
gDeIpVhIrNoEtt chapter 1 . 10/12/2013
Yet another life ruiner! Congratulations.
AoKanojo chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
Love the interaction between the two of them here; in DoS, Kain's betrayal still rests so heavily on Light's mind. Since that doesn't seem to have a place here, it allows for more tender moments. Well, as tender as they get between Kain and Light, they're not the types that wax gustily romantic anyway. Although Kain's flower was a pretty romantic gesture, fits his courtly soul.

Having some snippets like this for Laguna/Yuna would be great if you roll around to doing that _ Once you finish the magestic beast, that is. Thanks again for writing!
tennisgurl13 chapter 1 . 6/6/2012
Wow. This is amazingly written and so very in character that I wish they had this as one of the Reports in the game. Great job!
Distant Glory chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
In a sense, this review is pointless. You already know that I love your work. I'm sure that I told you so, back when I edited this (can you believe that was not that far off a year ago?).

But I needed something of yours to read tonight. I picked this, and I'm glad I did. Time (and the events of XIII-2) have given me a whole new appreciation for this piece. The verbal sparring; the hints of sweetness; the foreshadowing of fate and the scars of the past. It's beautiful. Absolutely gorgeous.

So even though you already know I love this, I feel the need to reiterate the fact. This brought tears of joy to my eyes.
FlowerGirl chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
Why is there only 9 reviews for this story? It is beautiful, well-written and made me a Kain/Lighting fan girl. Thank you for creating such a wonderful piece.
Gunzaimyx chapter 1 . 3/6/2012
This is beautiful. Well-written and awesome. You stick to the characters really well. I'm a sucker for Kain so this is just romantic and comforting altogether. Well done!
Sunnepho chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
Oh my god. This. The whole time, I /saw/ this, playing through my head, and it was perfect. I love how marvelously abrasive Lightning is.

There's something poetic about the way you linger on scenes and descriptions.

And I know the "chase me through the fields" scene is kind of cliche, but I loved it, and I giggled so much because when it's Lightning and Kain, it's so hugely different.

I did only skim through Ultimecia's appearance because I haven't had a chance to play FF13 yet, and I didn't want to spoil myself of the secrets. :p
greengirlblue chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
Gosh.

The language used to tell this story is amazing. There are a lot of moments that stood out very clearly to me, where I felt like I understood the characters, and I could picture them doing whatever it was they were doing at the time. The banter between Lightning and Kain is snarky fun and engaging - but also very honest, in its own way. It's very easy to imagine their voices while I'm reading. This story made me care about what they were going through, their worries, their goals.

Lightning sure is tough. I get the sense she's that way because she cares so strongly about the others. My favorite line in this story (although the whole thing is tightly written and just great, really): "and the thought is comforting and fits well, as if she has pulled on an old sweater." That sort of pulled Light's character together for me.
Koneko156 chapter 1 . 8/3/2011
I have no words to describe how beautiful this story is.
xTsukuyomii chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
Love it! This was so sweet! I think you characterized Lightning and Kain really well. Great job on this!
PEANUT v1.2 chapter 1 . 7/9/2011
Wow. WOW. I loved this so much. I don't even know where to start with this review. Kain and Lightning were in character, and I loved the bantering between them. I really got into the story, and I enjoyed your writing style. Everything was very clear, but not overly done. Just right. I noticed a few errors throughout the whole thing, but it didn't come close to ruining the story. You did a GREAT job. Please write more for this pairing!
serenbach chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
I love this pairing as well. I really love the way you have them relate to each other and your battle scene. Your descriptions are really vivid and lovely. Great job. :)
inkie chapter 1 . 6/25/2011
Wow. That was marvelous. I loved the premise "no fairy tales," because it's true, isn't it? Lightning isn't that kind of person, and neither is Kain. Awesome, awesome job.

I love how you write tension, particularly, I was clenching the edge of my seat, and now that I think about it, my knuckles were white. The moments you had the two share were perfect.
Zaz9-zaa0 chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
Okay. This review might not sound all that coherent due to being in a state of awe over reading this, coupled with the giddy joy over the nuances that make this so wonderful. Above all, I have to say that I'm most thrilled about the use of the averia (being one who gobbles up character development and trivia information) and how even Kain realizes that he shouldn't being paired with a maiden, but a true lady of war.

Even if this is half an experiment, it certainly succeeds in developing Lightning and Kain as the characters we know so dearly, and carrying on the spirit and actions from 'Between Flying and Falling'. And despite Ultimecia being Ultimecia, I quite like how she was written, and the descriptions associated to her.

All in all, I can't wait to read what more you have in store for these two and this fandom.