Reviews for Promise
Zentauria chapter 1 . 1/24
That was... brilliant. Nothing else to say.
I especially loved the comparison with the brick wall, it was well chosen.
I admit it's been years since I watched Digimon (though I'm re-watching it now), but Kouji was a category for himself. His attitude and his relationship to Kouichi make him hard to forget. And also hard to write I guess, so a double "Good job!" here.
I also consider the topic you chose quite interesting, as the paradoxical situation with the promise of calling the woman who raised him since he was seven "mum" (Nine here? Japanese-international differences, I guess), the promise which fueled his will and saved his life in the end, and then the announcement that his real mother was alive. Good point with the 'calling her mum was Kouichi's right'-thing!
I really enjoyed your work, not only because of it's content, but also because of your sophisticated wording. I can't really imagine it on a ten-year-old, but as it is a flashback, it's totally fine and great to read. And, then again, Digimon-characters have that tendency to act out of age.
Thanks a lot for writing and posting this eye-pleasure! Love it!
Lemon Cream chapter 1 . 6/24/2011
I actually sincerely enjoyed this little insight into kouji's mind, and particularly his life with his father. it's a rare story that actually tries to explain his bitterness with a reasonable scenario rather than taking the generic "my dad was abusive whine" approach. And he was portrayed well; sometimes I think it's kinda hard to nail his character, especially in POV. Well done.
Kaito Lune chapter 1 . 6/24/2011
this was great. I loved the ending bit. XD
Starfire201 chapter 1 . 6/24/2011
Nicely put. Very much in character for Koji.
Asarikou-chan chapter 1 . 6/24/2011
Nice

I just wish that takuya c this hehe.

U know,somehow it matches kouji's inner thoughts when he gave stomi the flowers.I mean despite everything he didn't look angry or anything .

I like it .