Reviews for Starts Off Like This
Veryfairygirl14 chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
You may be as talented at screwing with people's minds as anyone whose work I have ever read. Bravo!
insertwittyreferencehere chapter 1 . 1/23/2012
That gave me chills! The repeated "That's when he wakes up. It starts off like this." are just terrifying once you get the feeling that it's never going to stop. It's a great portrait of - well, I thought of him as Sherlock, but as Moriarty it's no less moving.
Destined Darkness chapter 1 . 1/10/2012
THis was amazing :D _ And strangely I understood it all... O.o Maybe I need the white walled room... a padded, white walled room...

Anyway! To me, it kind of switched between being John, Moriarty or Sherlock... But it was awesome :)
Princess Assassin chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
I thought it was Sherlock up until this line: 'Then again, his curiosity about how long it would take to kill someone from asphyxiation killed them.'

I saw John at some points too.

Very well done, I loved it.
SepiaCityLights chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
This was ingenious! Brilliant! I love how you wrote it ambiguously, though I have to say I saw Moriarty. Gosh, it was just perfect :)
CaptainClockwork chapter 1 . 7/25/2011
This was beautiful. The most well written thing I have ever read on this website. Seriously. I just love how open it is. It paints a picture in your mind, in a way that gives each and every reader artistic license. The story is different for everyone in this most beautiful way. It gives different feelings and thoughts. It becomes what the reader wants and needs at the time. I could read this in five years and feel and visualize entirely different things.

I saw it as someone's life. Fleeting, beautiful. A whorl of emotion and sights and sounds and thoughts. Our memory is usually only the little catches of things. All of the little inputs from all five of our senses that make us who we are.

I imagined it as Sherlock's life. But it could have well been anyone's. Idk, this kind of left me speechless, so sorry if I just seem to be spitting out nonsense.
CountryGrl chapter 1 . 7/17/2011
This kind of screwed with my brain...though I guess that was your intention :P

Excellent stuff.
Julia chapter 1 . 6/26/2011
OMG! Great story! Scary and deep and unusual! It caught my attention from the first lines, and I read it at night, before going to sleep... I was impressed. I couldn't decide who the story is about. I changed my mind from Sherlock to Moriarty and again, and again. Your story is a puzzle. And I wish you to have many readers complimenting on your creativity and writing skills.
cliocat chapter 1 . 6/24/2011
I switched over half way through. At first i was thinking of Sherlock, but then i began thinking Moriarty
ScubaKanga chapter 1 . 6/24/2011
Wow. I like this a lot, even though I'm not sure I completely understand. In fact, I like it BECAUSE it's got that edge of confusion that keeps the reader interested.

For some reason I saw it as Sherlock when I read it, but now looking over it, it's starting to turn into Moriarty.

Anyway, I like what you've done. Awesome!