Reviews for Forget Me Not
LastingWisdom chapter 8 . 5/16
I LOVED this story!
iChaos chapter 8 . 4/11
Two things about this story stood out the most. Number one, you address a relatively minor but important topic that normally gets ignored, and that is a logical explanation about how the jewel ends up born into Kagome. Your method of cause and effect made pretty good sense, really.

The other thing was the way that you gave Kikyou and Inuyasha as much of a chance as they could possibly get, while perfectly maintaining the integrity of Kagome's character. All things considered, the way things turned out for them wasn't a big surprise at all. Iayzoi was a gift that ended up occupying her mother until Inuyasha could return to them and gave her something worth living for regardless.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that I might've preferred a different outcome to this story, but I definitely would have appreciated it just as much even if Shippou had shown up at some point to relate the tale of the other characters left behind, even if Inuyasha and Kikyou had lived out their entire lives together instead. Kagome deserved that much, at the very least.

As it turns out though, I feel like this is among your more compelling work because it included some more mundane realities than usual. After all, there are no guarantees in life and real people sometimes do the wrong thing for the right reasons, and vice-versa.
iChaos chapter 7 . 4/11
See, now that's what I'm worried about. Kagome and Iayzoi have settled into whatever slice of domestic bliss they can have, so why should Inuyasha get to show up unexpectedly and alter the status quo? If he and Kagome do get together, I hope she makes him work for it.
iChaos chapter 6 . 4/11
Ouch. That is monumentally screwed up. I was trying to cut Kikyou some slack, but now? She has made her bed, etc, etc...

I can hardly blame Inuyasha too much for still wanting to be with Kagome, but then that was never fair to Kikyou either. So now what? It doesn't seem right that he even gets a chance, nor can I say it would serve him right if she had moved on because he was honor bound to leave her and she is the one who choose to accept it so graciously in the first place.

It does at least clear up the speculation I had after the last chapter, but at this point I'm not entirely sure what would be a satisfying outcome to this.
iChaos chapter 5 . 4/11
How can I put this delicately?

I think 'FUBAR' pretty much sums it up.

I am a little annoyed with Inuyasha and also feel bad for Kikyou in a way, but quite frankly I would personally prefer if they never procreate. There is just something wrong with that if she only consented out of obligation. How would Kikyou genuinely feel about giving birth to any child with remotely youkai blood? Honestly, who could really blame her for feeling conflicted about it? She is a product of her environment just like anybody else, after all. That wouldn't be fair to anyone, least of all a child.

Mate bonding Kikyou? Time paradoxes? The more I read, the more I think that it would be for the best if Inuyasha and Kikyou both die a natural death before the timeline comes full circle. That way, Kagome still gets to live her life and Toga's line continues through Iayzoi.

You know what I would really like to see? Sesshumaru show up in the future to protect Kagome and her daughter. I'm not saying that I want to see him become involved with Kagome, but I still think it would make for a great story.
iChaos chapter 4 . 4/11
Well this sucks. In a sad way, I mean.

If Inuyasha is going to live out Kikyou's mortal life with her, so be it. That's probably what, fifty years? What I cannot figure out is whether or not he can or even should survive the remainder until catching up with Kagome. If he does, how is that fair? He gets both of them if he can hold out long enough? He would be a very dirty old man at that point. Creepy. It just wouldn't be the same. In the meantime, Kagome gets Iayzoi like some kinda biological consolation prize? That ain't right neither.

If he did live that long, why wait an additional four or more years to approach her? And where the heck is Shippou? If nothing else I think that he would contact Kagome if he could.

The only obvious conclusion I can guess is that Kikyou opens the well for him at the end of her life. That way, he would only appear around 5-10 years older than he does now, which would dovetail nicely with Kagome. Problem with that is the well would have to compensate for the difference so that he doesn't arrive when she is elderly herself. Not to mention the emotional component. He can't be expected to go from a lifetime spent with his first love directly to his true love without a significant period of adjustment, if at all. Which brings me back to the first option, or something else entirely.

?
iChaos chapter 3 . 4/10
That was so bittersweet I could practically taste the angst
iChaos chapter 2 . 4/10
Ok. It's sounding reasonable so far. After all, they are just a pair of angst-ridden teenagers that have spent the last year fighting a guerilla war against an unholy abomination, so why shouldn't they indulge in their mutual attraction for once? I think they earned it.

And don't think I missed that 'mere hanyou' comment Kikyou made about Inuyasha. No siree, didn't miss that at all.
iChaos chapter 1 . 4/10
Hmmmmm...

Interesting. Very interesting. I'm not too convinced about one detail though: wouldn't it almost make more practical sense if their child was human during the day instead of night? I mean, I totally understand why you would choose the opposite given Inuyasha's canon physiology, but it would have to be a helluva lot easier on Kagome if they didn't have to hide Iayzoi during the day. It almost feels...cruel to keep her hidden away to protect her like some strange version of a Disney princess or something.

I am apprehensive about Inu/Kik as well, but I appreciate the warning. I might have been upset to get involved in the story and then be blindsided by that.

Oh well. On with the show.
DeathDagger chapter 8 . 6/21/2016
This was definitely an interesting take on things, however I am a bit disappointed that they never met Sess again...I think he would've adored his niece
DeathDagger chapter 6 . 6/20/2016
Ooooh I called her all type of names in this chapter
DeathDagger chapter 5 . 6/20/2016
Is it bad I'm glad their unhappy
DeathDagger chapter 4 . 6/20/2016
Major ewwww
StoatsandWeasels chapter 8 . 5/21/2016
I read this fic ages ago and didn't save it to my favorites, and I couldn't remember who wrote it, and I've been looking for it for FOREVER. Then, last night I randomly clicked a link on someones fic recommendation list on tumblr and BAM... it was this awesome fic...

I love the feelings in this story so much. The angst...it makes my heart hurt so good. It's very realistic too, their thoughts and decisions, it all feels so real and in character. Also, the thing with planting Shippo's acorn to signal for him to come...that is so stinking cute and clever I love it. This is one that I know I'll re-read over and over till the end of time. THank you for writing this great story (and all your other great stories as well)!
jeanbeannie chapter 3 . 5/18/2016
This was so beautiful and sad T.T