Reviews for Naruto: Potential Realised
xComet4 chapter 27 . 11/22/2017
Well I just read this in a 12hr time period, pretty good story. Hope everything is good for you. Looking forward to seeing this being updated in the future!
Guest chapter 27 . 11/21/2017
Parabéns por você ter escrito uma história tão incrível, coesa e coerente. E eu gostaria de saber se você abandonou a história ou a vida real não deixa você continua com esse projeto? Espero que não esteja passando por um bloqueio criativo e desejo felicidades a você, obrigado pela sua atenção.
Sndwitch chapter 1 . 11/15/2017
more please!
OmegaChrome chapter 27 . 10/17/2017
Loved this story from chapter one to now. Hope to see it updated, of course
Guest chapter 16 . 10/12/2017
Love the story, but I am unable to speak about one of my pet peeves; spelling.
Tsunade lide naked in her bed Tsunade spoke untruths naked in her bed. I assume you meant to say
Tsunade lay naked in her bed.
Anyway, keep up the good work.
Gothic Rain chapter 14 . 10/8/2017
Rei is one of Danzo's...?

Gee, did you make her like that since the beginning or was it just a sudden plot twist to dig a dagger through Naruto's heart. I wonder how he'll find out...

Stupid Danzo. Wish someone would kill him.
ThelittleKing chapter 27 . 8/9/2017
I hardly ever comment on stories, but this one is worth it. I wasn't able to stop reading. I hope you continue some day.
pikupstix chapter 1 . 8/3/2017
The reason Naruto wasn't promoted to chuunin in canon is that he's (at the time) an immature brat who isn't ready for the added responsibility of operating outside the jurisdiction of a jounin-sensei. Sasuke was similarly held back, despite mastering chidori and effortlessly mimicking Lee's high-level taijutsu moves with his sharingan. Shikamaru, on the other hand, showed a calm demeanour under stress, and the tactical thinking required of the higher ranks of shinobi, hence he was chosen for promotion above his teammates. Knowing when to persist and when to surrender is more important for chuunin than raw, brainless firepower. There's a reason Naruto and his peers are known as the Rookie 9. As young and inexperienced as they are, none of them were expected to graduate, and their entry was seen as controversial and experimental by most of the exam staff and the Hokage.

With that said, I didn't like this opening chapter/premise at all. I won't read further, or hassle you with reviews/flames after this one, but for now I'll leave my thoughts of what it was that turned me off right from the very beginning.

By saving the Hokage, you've made Naruto LESS mature than in canon. He doesn't lose his oldest and only friend, and his grudge against Orochimaru resembles detached resentment at best. There's no struggle here; the old man lives on and nothing changes. Konoha's stability isn't threatened to the same degree as when their leader was sacrificed before their eyes, and there's no call for Naruto to take up new responsibility in helping out. Rather than helping out with the rebuilding of the village, he sits at home for two days following the invasion's conclusion, waiting for a promotion message. If that isn't the definition of bratty, egocentric entitlement, I don't know what is.

In promoting Naruto, you separate him from his peers. Regardless of what twisted logic you used to make the promotion itself feasible, as an author you should have been against this kind of decision because it's inherently harmful to effective storytelling within this universe. Naruto no longer has grounding amongst his peers, and so his character morphs unnaturally to compensate. Instead of having Sakura there to keep his big mouth in check in formal situations, Naruto himself adopts a higher level of verbal restraint and eloquence. Instead of arguing with Sasuke as part of their longstanding rivalry/feud, everyone and their mother under the collective label of 'the villagers' suddenly and openly resents Naruto's fundamental existence and wrongfully assumes that he had no part in the recent battle—all so that the story can contain some semblance of conflict and struggle, which it now so woefully lacks. Instead of Kakashi and the rest of Naruto's peers, we have generic OCs and a copy-paste setting from the canon genin team/post-Academy setup. (What's next, a Bell Test?)

I didn't like Naruto's character at all. He sulked and postured and resorted to threats and abuse when he didn't get his way. (The scene with him barging past the chuunin into the Hokage's office was especially horrible.) When he got his promotion, he assumed a perfectly pleasant if uncharacteristic guise—up until his precious achievements were doubted, and he reverted to being a snippy, prideful brat who had to be restrained by Shikamaru to avoid getting in an all-out confrontation on his first day. Yet you're telling me this boy (four year years younger than his chuunin peers) deserves this position because he knows how to summon a big frog and can punch people around better than average.

In short, you went in a direction that fails to accommodate the essence of the series, and your protagonist was unlikeable and got everything he wanted without earning it. I'm not really interested in what might come next, because as far as I can see, you've robbed yourself of all momentum that came from the invasion and are going to have to fight to get out of the hole you've sat yourself in.
WhyWhyWhy chapter 16 . 8/1/2017
I now hate you (not really, just quite disappointed) for making Rei part of ROOT, also why didn't the Kyuubi just tell Naruto about the masked man. The 'Dark-Naruto' is one of the stupidest things in all of history and it ruins books when he comes up. But generally good story
Chaos537 chapter 27 . 7/22/2017
God damn it you glorious bastard where are you?! *Shakes fists and scream* All looking aside this story was one of my first Naruto story I read so I can safely say most stories on this site doesn't campare to the gem that inspired me to read more Naruto fics and not judge OC's too harshly. Like the way the characters interact with each other and the "OC's" you use that isn't boring or feels forced into the story, they have their own stories and it's pretty interesting. Fuck was looking forward to the reactions of what Naruto did in Kusa from the Rookies like Sasuke, Kiba, Shikamaru, etc and from Kakashi, Asuma, Gai's generation. The villagers finally seeing Naruto in a new light was pretty enjoyable to read. Fuck man still hoping for an update soon.
MangaReader121 chapter 1 . 7/16/2017
does the red tell Naruto the truth or did I skip her telling him
Bosma19 chapter 27 . 6/25/2017
Please update
Izumikii chapter 27 . 6/24/2017
Pretty badass development ! Can't wait to see what happens next and I'm so glad Jiraya is out , I was very worried for him. Your story is very interesting , there are many deviations from canon, more so than most fanfics I read and it's pretty interesting .
SilverTail chapter 27 . 6/19/2017