Reviews for Goodbyes Left Unsaid
Droory chapter 1 . 5/10/2013
Wow. This was really nice.
The action was really well written, and I loved Squall's characterisation.
The moodiness and inner struggle fit nicely with my (admittedly limited) knowledge of him. The whole barely a memory of another life thing with Laguna was really interesting, and the fact that the manikin made him so angry and filled with doubt was nice.
I also rather liked the parallels between Bartz and Laguna... even if I don't really like Bartz that much.

All in all, a very nice story.
Droory
Maloire chapter 1 . 11/10/2011
3 Much love for this fic! I totally meant to R&R months ago, sorry!

The characterizations were spot-on; I can definitely picture everything from Squall's trudging across the terrain to the excellent bantering amongst the trio. I'm quite thankful that the game's not nearly as realistic as your writing (imagine, one bullet wound and then being unable to attack! Hm, would be handy whilst playing Laguna though, heheheh). XD Laughed at the Boko reference, oh Bartz..!

A little off topic, but one thing that the game lacked was Squall's signature "Whatever" - I really expected him to use that line against his dad, darn.

Ironic (and true to his namesake) how everyone else is trying to get their memories back and Squall's deeming it a curse (but that's a given in Dissidia and FF8 XD hehe). Loved the lines "If Laguna was here, surely he would say the same thing? Well…a little less eloquently, but the same none the less."

A few little things:

whirling around to do what he was [suppose]

~ supposed

appeared, his focus [has] been off.

~ had

Squall was sure [he's] seen similar

~ he'd

a face to the voice [he's] been

~ he'd

Squall was curious to [ ] exactly

~ know
Niqsta chapter 1 . 6/28/2011
Finally got the time to sit and read this through. I honestly did plan on doing this sooner, but then I saw SWB was updated and well you know what happened after that XD

This was good though, it was long but I think it did need to be. You go the confusion and Squall's unawareness of the man spot on. I always find it weird in Dissidia how none of them remember anything :P But I did like the references Squall made about Rinoa to O.K. in the first one. He definitely wouldn't forget her!

This was good though and I think you got Zidane's and Bartz's personalities perfectly!

Well done!