Reviews for The Courtship of Richard Castle
mojor chapter 5 . 1/8/2012
loving this series. thanks for writing.

and, not a complaint at all cos we all see things differently, but i can't imagine Martha telling Beckett that Castle does not deserve her... she's his MOTHER! she might not be blind to his idiosyncrasies but i can't imagine her telling a woman that her son's not good enough... ? just my very humble opinion...

anyways, great story so far.
fanka77 chapter 9 . 12/3/2011
Sweet! :)
Inglenook17 chapter 9 . 11/6/2011
Who needs canon and sticking to character? Lovely story. :)
lilyhermionepotter17 chapter 9 . 9/25/2011
Love this! Great job!
Sheepgirl1 chapter 9 . 9/22/2011
Wow, I was riveted. That was fine story telling. Thanks!
Fictional Mind chapter 9 . 9/19/2011
Hey :D

So I finally got to read the sequel to your previous story, too :D And I can tell you that it actually exceeded my already high expectations! Since it took me a while to finish reading, I hope I still remember what I wanted to write about :P

About the beginning of your story: I liked that they didn't just get together right away. The fact that it took them some adjusting to the new situation, is in my opinion very believable and I think you wrote these scenes very well :D

What I really enjoyed throughout your whole story is Kate's spontaneousness. It's so cute and makes her SUCH a tease xD The kiss on Castle's cheek in the elevator in chapter 3 is one of my favorites :)

Speaking of chapter 3, I also loved how you picked up some of the incidents from the show and let Kate and Rick talk about them and tell each other how they felt in these situations. It was nice to have Kate admit how much Natalie Rhodes' flirting with Castle really had affected her. Of course we all know about it, but having her tell Castle about it is such an intimate thing for her to do and I think it already shows how much she opens up to him in their changed relationship.

What I believe was a very clever thing of you to do was when you brought Josh back in the picture. You kept it real, but still added conflict to the situation, because it showed Castle's insecurity about Beckett's reluctance in terms of getting romantically involved 'for real'. It is a topic that needed to be brought up in my opinion to keep things as realistic as possible, because the whole situation was a very complicated one. Beckett had to become aware of the fact that she really was completely over Josh to be able to get involved with Castle in a new relationship. And Castle needed her to figure that out so that he could finally be completely sure she wouldn't back out eventually. I think they both weren't consciously aware that these insecurities were what kept them from having a real relationship, but it was a topic that needed to be addressed and you solved the problem very well :)

Now to the later chapters of your story. I can only say 'wow'. These making out scenes...let's just say this sentence comes to mind:

"He writes a sex scene in his book about you that had me reaching for ice water"

Because that's exactly what your make out (and sex) scenes did to me xDD

No but seriously, I really enjoyed them, because they weren't too...explicit, but detailed enough to give you the idea and tease your imagination. So you get a HUGE compliment for actually writing these scenes so extraordinarily well :D

One thing I have to criticize is the way you wrote that one 'more detailed' case. You already mentioned that yourself, but I'd like to tell you what I think was the reason it didn't feel right to me. I'm someone who likes to imagine what happened and try to understand what made people act the way they did. In your case, some details just didn't add up. The worst of them (for me) being, that the girl stabbed her Dad after pulling him out of a car in which he had made out with his girlfriend. What doesn't quite add up here is

a) How is the girl stronger than her father?

b) What happened to the girlfriend?

c) Why didn't the girlfriend report the murder right away?

Also we usually get more...twists and turns in cases. Of course that's not how it works in real life, but it's just more entertaining for the readers and it enables them to guess and spin wild theories as Castle usually does :)

Now to the characters: You said that you weren't sure whether Kate and Rick were in character in your story. I believe they mostly are. Yes, Kate was really open to the relationship, but there were several events leading to her opening up. The biggest step was what happened in "Wrong" and then they overcame their insecurities step by step in this sequel, so I truly think that in this AU they are as much in character as they can be :)

Overall it's an amazing story and I couldn't get enough of your fantastic descriptions of the make out scenes :DD

xx

Ina

PS: So now my review got really long, but I think you really deserved that for the long time I kept you waiting xDD
LoTS-Fanatic chapter 9 . 9/13/2011
aww i'd love it if you wrote a sequel to this amazing story :D

this was a great ride.. i really enjoyed reading it.. thanks for sharing it with us haha
approachinglights chapter 9 . 9/8/2011
This story is awesome. I read it at once and I am super happy about that because the evolution in it was just so great. I love your style and your characterisation of Kate and Castle and the plot (and all their struggles, too! Like the misunderstanding, etc) and...everything. I won't go into detail here because I know for sure that once I start, I won't be able to stop, haha.

But seriously, I loved, loved, loved your story. Thank you for writing it! I really do hope that you will write another one soon.

Have a great day!
LSR-7 chapter 9 . 9/2/2011
Love it and I certainly wouldn't be opposed to a sequel. The way you write them is very natural to their characters and didn't make me cringe since I found them to be very in character. Great job and I'll be looking forward to more Castle fanfics from you.
drowninginlove chapter 9 . 8/30/2011
I actually love this story so so so much. You are an incredible writer and I can't wait to read more stories from you :)
Undomiel753 chapter 9 . 8/27/2011
Wonderful story!
neongreenninja chapter 9 . 8/23/2011
AHHHH! I didn't sleep last night because I was reading this beautiful story. believe me when I say it was so totally worth it :') I'm sad tl see it come to an end. thank you soooo much for this story. I had a but of a rough week and this is just what I needed
Guest chapter 9 . 8/22/2011
I loved this story ! It was awesome! And good ending too!
Phosphorescent chapter 9 . 8/22/2011
A wonderful ending to a wonderful fic! I look forward to reading more of your work in the future.
eyrianone chapter 9 . 8/22/2011
This was such a great story - having Kate finally be the one to make all the moves. Loved it.
203 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »